It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

you just lied, they can have a nights sleep, lack of bedding is not life threatening, nor is lack of toothpaste and toothbrushes, nor soap. you are pushing your white privileges again.

show me anyone that has died from lack of a toothbrush, not a "could die" has died.

you really have no leg to stand on, all those things are "nice to have" but not "need to have" not one of them.

I have slept many times without bedding, (yes, I have been homeless, have you?), heck for 3 months I lived on one bowl of rice a day. ( try it sometime ) I lost a great deal of weight. it ws not on purpose, but I lived through it.

Next it will be cruel to not have a game system.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:48 PM
link   

So you just dont understand the term "mass murder"?
www.huffpost.com...

Six million Jewish people were murdered during the genocide in Europe in the years leading up to 1945, and the Jews are rightly remembered as the group that Adolf Hitler’s Nazi party most savagely persecuted during the Holocaust.

SIX MILLION

Historians estimate the total number of deaths to be 11 million, with the victims encompassing gay people, priests, gypsies, people with mental or physical disabilities, communists, trade unionists, Jehovah’s Witnesses, anarchists, Poles and other Slavic peoples, and resistance fighters.

11 MILLION in total

THAT is mass murder

You simply do not understand the staggering numbers you choose to compare in a horrible meme.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

You just keep on demonstrating your lack of humanity.

Judge Berzon zeroed in on the sleep question, citing findings that the Border Patrol made children spend days in facilities with 24/7 artificial light, no beds, cold cement floors, and only an aluminum blanket for insulation. “You’re really going to stand up and tell us that being able to sleep isn’t a question of ‘safe and sanitary’ conditions?” Berzon asked. “You’re not really going to say that, right?”
www.rollingstone.com...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

You're so petty. This isn't a contest. Mass murder is obviously mass murder.

Noun
mass murder - the savage and excessive killing of many people
carnage, massacre, slaughter, butchery

Good one, Heather!

edit on 24-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

so they came through a concentration camp (ellis island). Right?
edit on 24-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

You're so petty. This isn't a contest. Mass murder is obviously mass murder.

Noun
mass murder - the savage and excessive killing of many people
carnage, massacre, slaughter, butchery

and no one in the meme you posted that is detained in the usa is "mass murdered"
taking rosaries away is not what you defined here

if it is not a contest why your horrible comparison?

petty is not admitting that you posted a crappy meme
what is being done at the border is not right, but the meme you posted is in no way what is being done

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

24/7 artificial light, no beds, cold cement floors, and only an aluminum blanket for insulation.

I slept in far worse conditions in the military. Somehow I was able to sleep just fine.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:15 PM
link   

So let me get this straight, because some people lied about death panels (I'll go with the leftist view, that it was a lie), it's ok to lie about the border being a concentration camp now?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

At least on Ellis Island children weren't separated from their families, and they were given beds, blankets and soap.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Whatever dude. LOL, you're right, if they show up in the US or at the border, they haven't been "mass murdered"! Yet, that is. Many people who are rejected are found dead in their country of origin after being deported.

To casually dismiss that violence and mass murdered going on in Central America is petty, cruel and inhumane.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Of course, they were coming here legally so it was easy to plan for and accommodate. But why let that get in the way of a good narrative?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Wait, so now the US is running murder camps because after we reject their bid to enter illegally, they get killed in their own country by some other means? LOL those are some olympic level mental gymnastics.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

Wait, so now the US is running murder camps because after we reject their bid to enter illegally, they get killed in their own country by some other means? LOL those are some olympic level mental gymnastics.

At least you are getting responses.

I have asked her 6 questions and she ignores me....

Lolz🤪

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Let's imagine for a moment, it's WWII. Germany is not rounding up jews. They're not massively exterminating civilians. There are no gas chambers. There are no fire pits. There is no human experimentation. HOWEVER, there are camps. Concentration camps, where people who would like to join germany are sent for evaluation. If these people are rejected they are sent back to their home countries. If they are accepted, they get to become a german. If you don't want to go to one of these camps, it's simple enough to avoid. Don't say you want to be german and show up at one.

Now redo your analysis of WWII. Does your defining our border facilities as concentration camps become pretty toothless? Now revisit why, given the actual WWII history, using the term concentration camp to describe our border facilities is a very poor choice of words at best.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Yes, we do have concentration camps.

They are not work camps. They are not death camps. At least, not on purpose. Our government is not building massive gas chambers and industrial crematoria. It is not conducting sick medical experiments on members of an unfavored class.

But that does not mean that the places into which we are herding tens of thousands of migrants, refugees and asylum-seekers are not properly called concentration camps. Because that is precisely what they are.

www.sltrib.com...

I couldn't have said it better.

Mike Korenblit’s parents survived a concentration camp in Poland. Now Korenblit, 67, and his wife, of Edmond, Okla., protest regularly outside their local Immigration and Customs Enforcement office. He wore a U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum T-shirt to Saturday’s protest and defended using the term “concentration camps” for internment camps and migrant holding areas.

“They are the same kind of situation. Why aren’t they identified as the same thing?” he said.
www.latimes.com...

An initial reaction could easily be to say, 'no, the detention centers at the U.S. border are not the same as the Nazi camps,'" she said. But to say the term applies only to camps set up by the Nazi regime is incorrect and only signals "an ahistorical understanding of the Holocaust
…..
Sociology professor Richard Lachmann at the University at Albany, SUNY, agreed, telling Newsweek: "Concentration camps are any place where large numbers of people are held in poor conditions because of their nationality, ethnicity, religion or other characteristics rather than as individuals convicted of crimes."

Noting the experiences of migrant children in U.S. detention centers—some of whom are set to be housed at Fort Sill, a site that held Japanese Americans and Native Americans before them, back in the 20th century—Buff said: "The trauma these children are suffering threatens to disable a generation."

"All asylum seekers crossing into the United States are placed in 'hileras,' cells chilled to 50-55 degrees. They are stripped of warm clothing. Many get sick; several have died. This is torture and life endangerment," she added.
www.newsweek.com...
edit on 24-6-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Scepticaldem

Sorry if you're feeling ignored. I thought I had responded to this post:

originally posted by: Scepticaldem

originally posted by: Sookiechacha

a reply to: Krakatoa

SO, they (the Obama administration) IGNORED the law on the books? I see...if the law doesn't meet your expectations, just ignore it?

There is no law on the books that says that migrant families must be separated at the border.

It just says that the family as a whole unit can not come into America.....

Lolz

Why are people even bothering to argue with you?

You come with no substance 🤪

It just says that the family as a whole unit can not come into America.....

There is no such law. Perhaps you're referring to "reunification" which is what Trump calls "chain migration", where immediate family members can apply to be reunited with their family members in the USA, which is how Melania Trump's parents arrived in the USA.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Whatever dude
You put your foot in your mouth
There are no mass murders going on in usa detention facilities.
Just some dnc haterade talking point you took hook line and sinker.
Peddle your dnc tslking points elsewhere.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:24 PM
link   

There are no mass murders going on in usa detention facilities.

LOL Look who's moving the goal posts! I never claimed that US detention/concentration camps were death camps. You guys and your hyperbole!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: thedigirati

you just lied, they can have a nights sleep, lack of bedding is not life threatening, nor is lack of toothpaste and toothbrushes, nor soap. you are pushing your white privileges again.

show me anyone that has died from lack of a toothbrush, not a "could die" has died.

you really have no leg to stand on, all those things are "nice to have" but not "need to have" not one of them.

I have slept many times without bedding, (yes, I have been homeless, have you?), heck for 3 months I lived on one bowl of rice a day. ( try it sometime ) I lost a great deal of weight. it ws not on purpose, but I lived through it.

Next it will be cruel to not have a game system.

You shame your country.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Sociology professor Richard Lachmann at the University at Albany, SUNY, agreed, telling Newsweek: "Concentration camps are any place where large numbers of people are held in poor conditions because of their nationality, ethnicity, religion or other characteristics rather than as individuals convicted of crimes."

Well, he tried to play a little with the wording here, but he either thinks the local jail is a concentration camp (as a decent number of those people are not convicted yet) or he's wrong.

But you've doubled back around and we're back to the same premise:
The imagery that was desired was WWII, that's why AOC called them concentration camps. That's why she (and you) keeps saying never forget. But the fact of the matter is that we don't have anything resembling that. Even the daily kos article says that. So again it was a false comparison, as it was directly tied to WWII concentration camps, where people were starved, beaten, tortured, and murdered. You can either admit that it was a poor comparison or you can deny it but it's a fact.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join