It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYTimes reports on conditions in US Immigrant Children Camps and says conditions are really bad

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
Uhhh, you are not being entirely honest or accurate in that statement. In fact, you are advocating breaking U.S. Tax laws and risking tax evasion without a SSN.

Actually, what I wrote is entirely accurate - but OT for this thread, so I'll respond later with a link to a new thread I'll start on the subject...

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: thedigirati

And he is Correct, none of those things are required, How much soap, toothbrushes and beds did the "terrified" asylum seekers use in their home countries??

See? There it is you all.

But, Oh My! there are FAKE MEMES! Where is my fainting sofa!?? Oh! The humanity!

At least that poster is honest. You are posting lies. Frankly, I think lying to promote a political position using children as your pawn is much more depraved and sick.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Sookiechacha

you mean the fake Meme you put up?

you really have to own that one, just like the quote I slapped you with.

You mad bro?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

What? And drop them off in the streets? The Federal Government took custody of these children and it's their responsibility to care for them and provide them with safe and sanitary conditions.

So we should just turn them loose in the mexican desert?

First of all, these kids are being kidnapped from their parents and placed in unsafe conditions, where they are neglected and molested, according to reports.

If you're describing coyotes and cartels you're right. But I suspect you're trying to put this on our border patrol which is just flat out wrong.

Some of them are being handed off to god knows who, and will never be reunited with their parents, because the Trump administration has lost or didn't keep records of who these kids are and where they belong.

I have a very simple solution to this problem. You're going to hate it. If you don't want to be separated from your kids by the evil trump administration (and the evil obama administration before that), don't try to illegally enter the united states. Quite simple. 100% effective.

Secondly, the US foster care system kids are assaulted, sexually, physically and emotionally, and used for financial profit all the time.

So back to the mexico desert from whence they came it is. Right?

Thirdly, the Trump Administration have perverted the meaning of child trafficking to include desperate parents who send their children to the USA through relatives, friends or people paid to get them to relatives or friends on the other side.

In the case of parents sending their kids with friends and relatives, you're simply proving why catch and release was such a terrible plan. It incentivizes this illegal behavior.
For the coyotes, most of these kids are raped multiple times a day. Quit making it out like these parents are making some great and difficult parenting decision. They're not.

That is not the same as losing your child to kidnappers, or selling your child to people who use them as prostitutes or slaves, or worse.

The latter half is much more common than you think.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Xtrozero
...never ending Hyperbole.

Hyperbole? Not so much...A Justice Department attorney this week argued in court that the federal government should not be required to provide soap, toothbrushes or even beds to detained children apprehended at the U.S.-Mexico border. Government lawyer Sarah Fabian argued Tuesday before the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit that forcing children to sleep on cold concrete floors in cells is both “safe and sanitary.”

I'm not suggesting solutions, your government doesn't care what I think.

They are not sleeping directly on the concrete floor, they use small camping style mattresses and survival blankets that can be thrown away. To be honest, it is much better than what they been living like for the months of travel. If services were not overwhelmed they would be in bunk beds.

And, those disposable "space blankets" are more sanitary than a blanket that would be shared, spreading disease and infestation. But, they don;t pull at the heartstrings and promote shaming and guilt like a good fake meme does.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

It doesn't matter. We're on the track, the train has left the station. You see it here too, in numerous posts, the rationale that If these kids parents are criminals, then they deserve the treatment they're getting.

Blame Congress! Pass the buck!

Not saying they are criminals or bad...or anything...they should not be here period... Hell, I have a sister in-law whose been waiting 14 years to come here, so follow the process. They get the treatment of what we can provide, yell at your congress if you want more support. Sleeping on the side of dirt roads for months, eating crap if anything at all, no medical, no nothing and the horrors of what you say is the best living they have seen in a long time, go figure.

I don't think you or Willtel really understand just how much of the world outside of your safe US and Canadian living standards bubbles actually live like.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: tanstaafl

So says Mike Pence, the Christian, after Jess Session removed gang violence and domestic violence victims from eligibility.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

That's why they use the concentration camp angle. Their entire argument falls apart on any logical analysis. So they resort to emotional manipulation. Oh the humanity of having to use a space blanket! Oh no, they're not being fed lobster for every meal! My god these kids are only allowed to watch TV for 8 hours a day!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

It wasn't a fake MEME it was old. Just think how many rosaries the Trump Administration has amassed! Food for thought, eh?

If you want to see fake MEMEs go to an AOC thread!

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Yes, because asylum in another country shouldn't be sought because you live in a rough neighborhood. Should people in detroit or chicago be able to seek asylum in canada? Should every abused american spouse be granted asylum in europe?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

But you said obama had deported far more, so how would trump have amassed more?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Many the neighborhoods in these countries are rum by cartels. And, the government is paid off, or conveniently looks the other way, while our government tell these victims they're that they're complicit. True story.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

So, like chicago or dearborne.
edit on 24-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

You are posting lies.

That is a lie, and now you are posting lies. At any rate, even if was a lie, which it wasn't, how does that justify the treatment of these children. Your lies betray your inhumanity.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

If conditions are so bad, why do they continue to pour in here?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Math is hard for you?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It wasn't a fake MEME it was old. Just think how many rosaries the Trump Administration has amassed! Food for thought, eh?

If you want to see fake MEMEs go to an AOC thread!

there were 36 in the picture, so 12 more?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

con·cen·tra·tion camp
[ˌkänsənˈtrāSHən ˈˌkamp]

NOUN
a place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz.

Move over Germany! Murica is here!

link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It's the thought that counts.

link   

I guess. Here's the equation. Obama deported ~3 million. Trump has deported ~1 million. So explain to me how trump would have more rosaries than obama accumulated.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join