It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fatima! what & why where’s the info

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: redchad

originally posted by: Sillyolme
I really hate to ask this but....

why is this in aliens and UFO's forum?

Because after lengthy research the October 13 event witnessed by more than 50000 people and described by lots as a silver disc sounds very similar to an unidentified flying object! Unless you have an alternative

and also if I recall this correctly those children died on something that resembles radiation poisoning.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: KiwiNite

where did you hear this?? lucias cousin jacinta said that she and her brother would go home to jesus in the near future ( a few years later they both died of the flu during the big flu outbreak) Lucia lived to her 90's and died several years ago (if that was the real lucia)
edit on 23-6-2019 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: KiwiNite

where did you hear this?? lucias cousin jacinta said that she and her brother would go home to jesus in the near future ( a few years later they both died of the flu) Lucia lived to her 90's and died several years ago (if that was the real lucia)

it was here on ATS many, many years ago.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: redchad

I speak Portuguese.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Specimen
Another one is that a ufo an strange weather was above the island for 6 months an being seen by 76000 people who pilgrimaged there. They called the ufo event the " Sun that Dances."

What island? Cova da Iria is inland, 35 km from the Atlantic Ocean.

And no, the "strange weather" was only on October 13, did not last for 6 months.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Hi. I live close to Fatima. Maybe I can help with some references you are looking for.

As for prophecies, most agree Fatima message is part of a global set of messages throughout the time and in different places of the world.

Fatima, Akita, Lourdes seem to be closely connected in meaning.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

You. As I recall Catholic church vows to bring sinners to spiritual Catholicism. Taking possession over people, I do not think was its goal. That is much more a comunist ideal.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

I speak Portuguese.

Pity I could have done with some translation help as I was in Portugal in May lol

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Falkner

Hi. I live close to Fatima. Maybe I can help with some references you are looking for.

As for prophecies, most agree Fatima message is part of a global set of messages throughout the time and in different places of the world.

Fatima, Akita, Lourdes seem to be closely connected in meaning.

I was in Fatima for the May 13 anniversary couldn’t believe how busy it was must have been thousands there to busy to dig into anything but I will go back

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: research100
Yes I’ve read the books I think anybody reading them will understand how the church stepped in a covered it up its funny how Fatima has become a pilgrims destination because the Virgin Mary allegedly appeared there yet Lúcia in her later years says she was visited by JC himself yet no one goes on a pilgrimage to that location infact hardly anyone knows about it. I think the church just wanted her out of the way so they could control it.

Can you recommend any other books?

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:33 AM
link   

I have only read those three books but they have so much informaion! they way lucia originally described the lady 1 meter (3 feet) tall wearing a skirt that came up to her knees...even the ladies of the night at that time didn;t dresses that short!! the priests were horrified, and it only came out after about 95 years
edit on 25-6-2019 by research100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 01:09 PM
link   
A few years back, a fellow UFO researcher asked me to father some information for the UFO angle on the Miracle of Sun at Fatima. What I found was not encouraging either for the event as a UFO - or as a miracle. The subsequent reporting was highly exaggerated, but the original accounts have some people seeing a "sun," others seeing faces or people, and others seeing nothing whatsoever. The crowd (mostly devoutly religious) was assembled, primed for an apparition. After hours of staring at the sky, some people had an experience. Years later, ufologists panning for gold in historical accounts tried to recast the story as a UFO event, but that only works if you toss out the facts.

As a byproduct of my studies, I came across some interesting information about a picture said to be of the Miracle of the Sun, but it turned out to be either a hoax or a mistake. Despite the fact that it's been soundly documented, some people stumble across the old picture in Life magazine or somewhere, and are unaware that it's a phony.

The Miracle of Fatima: Photographic Proof from the Vatican and LIFE magazine?
Miracle of Fatima: Photographic Proof Part II

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
the final thoughts of the linked article ( Miracle of Fatima: Photographic Proof Part II)
close the investigation for me...

I'll leave the conspiracy hypothesis alone, and focus on the historical information. The basic idea of seeing something like the photographs, and attaching significance to based on cherished notions has plenty of precedents and antecedents. When there is a will to believe, miracles will be found.

Keeping the Mystery Alive is the goal of the Church/UFO believers/Cultists and assorted Students of Prophecy (myself included)

I contend the many Marian Apparitions in many places are not generated from Biblical Roots or even Virgin Mary...

The entities in the visitations/visions are likely from the ranks of Fallen Angels and not wormhole traveling Spirit Beings from the Dimension we know of as Heaven...

to wit : the Stargate Portal we heard of as the Ark of the Covenant has long-ago been teleported back to the Throne Room of God (Heaven is a Kingdom not a political government)…
So----- the pseudo-religious beings we claim to envision are not heavenly beings... but only entities 'cast-down-to-Earth', but even that position is being twisted by those Spirit beings who play the roles of Advanced-Technology-ET's

edit on th30156149058625232019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I have heard there a photgraphs of the the object that spun and dropped but they wer never released..the only ones released are pics of the people from a side angle...they are looking forward at what is happening but WHAT they are looking at is not in the pics that were released

You know there are photographs of the crowd. Why are there not photographs of the event?

There are photographs of the event! And lots of witnesses lawyers, journalists Doctors etc all describe the event and a common thread amongst the witnesses is a bright translucent disc and a buzzing noise, some witnesses were 15km away working in the fields but whatever it was it wasn’t the sun.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 05:36 PM
link   
the pics showing what the people were looking at were not released....the pics that were released show all the people looking forward...the photographer is side ways to them we see them all looking forward but NOT WHAT they are looking at...also no one else but the 3 could see the lady but whenever each session was done people would see a small cloud float up and away from the tree, there were reports of buzzing sounds, and sometimes there was angel hair......I found a reference to the cousins dying of radiation poisoning....Barry Taff posted this in 2012 he says everyone thought that they died of consumption from the spanish flu, but they were dug up years later and found it was radiation poisoning, he got this from a book that came out years before that he lent to someone who he wasn't friends with anymore and tried to ask them to return the book or tell him the name of the book, but no luck

You know there are photographs of the crowd. Why are there not photographs of the event?

There are photographs of the event! And lots of witnesses lawyers, journalists Doctors etc all describe the event and a common thread amongst the witnesses is a bright translucent disc and a buzzing noise, some witnesses were 15km away working in the fields but whatever it was it wasn’t the sun.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:48 PM
link   
ah but you left out the part about people who were total non believers also SAW this phenomenon, how do you explain this?? and people father away going about they daily business working in the field also saw it, and it was verified that it was raing and people were all wet and the heat dried them really quick........thanks for posting those pics showing that they were fake, the only real ones released were of the people looking forward at "whatever" was happening, the photographer being at the side of them

originally posted by: CardDown
A few years back, a fellow UFO researcher asked me to father some information for the UFO angle on the Miracle of Sun at Fatima. What I found was not encouraging either for the event as a UFO - or as a miracle. The subsequent reporting was highly exaggerated, but the original accounts have some people seeing a "sun," others seeing faces or people, and others seeing nothing whatsoever. The crowd (mostly devoutly religious) was assembled, primed for an apparition. After hours of staring at the sky, some people had an experience. Years later, ufologists panning for gold in historical accounts tried to recast the story as a UFO event, but that only works if you toss out the facts.

As a byproduct of my studies, I came across some interesting information about a picture said to be of the Miracle of the Sun, but it turned out to be either a hoax or a mistake. Despite the fact that it's been soundly documented, some people stumble across the old picture in Life magazine or somewhere, and are unaware that it's a phony.

The Miracle of Fatima: Photographic Proof from the Vatican and LIFE magazine?
Miracle of Fatima: Photographic Proof Part II

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I left out a lot of unsupported claims that were added over the years as it became a bigger fish story. We can't give much credence to anything said beyond the first few months after the events.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The experiences language used is what causes us to take stances and it is never going to be settled. Some people called it UFO's and aliens, others call it the Blessed Virgin or an angel.

Did an event happen there? Yes, but we just can't settle on was it social, religious, maybe delusional, a miracle....but an event happened.

Does phenomena appear because of the observer? It would appear so in many instances.

Was it the Blessed Virgin mother of the Word incarnate? No less believable than an ET.

Paradigm shifts in Religion happen, as do paradigm shifts take place in science.
Some use folklore to tell our story, some use science to tell our story.

In the case of Fatima, I like to read along with the Blessed Virgin's story.

edit on 26-6-2019 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz

yes something happened and not just predicted by the children but by psychics months before who had nothing to do with these children, and it was printed in the papers at the time.....SOMETHING happened...we don't know what, and it wasn't just these simple people out on that land, there was a mix...people walked people well off came in cars......people at the university also saw this phenomenon that day and non believers. and people working their fields going about their business that day.

posted on Jun, 29 2019 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Yea, I guess my lack of being on the details regarding the above title is lacking, and haven't refreshed my self on it for time.

My bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join