It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the strangest thing to ever happen to you or that you've witnessed?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+19 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I'm curious about strange occurrences that are nevertheless reality based & can't be chalked up to psychosis or hallucination or misinterpretation of events.

Have you ever had an experience of something novel and unexpected, and if so, could you share it with us without any fear of ridicule or attempts to debunk since this is the Grey Area?

I just LOVE these kinds of stories, so I hope to get some replies.

So let's imagine that we're gathered around the campfire to hear some stories about utter strangeness.

Who would like to go first?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I gave you your first star and flag in here. I've had some strange experiences, but I don't know if I want to share them...yet.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Just one? Pulease..? Pretty please?

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Parking lot lights go out when I'm parked under one. Been happening for 20+ years. Doesn't freak me out any more, but it would be nice to know WHY.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Now you're making me feel guilty. Perhaps tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Of interest and fascination to me is the idea that Carl Jung was right about synchronicity increasing during times of tension and of psychic change and transformation, pointing to an acausal connecting principal & the intentionality of fate in the unfolding events of a journey along what may be the road less traveled but that isn't without it's own pattern & even trail blazers.

I think that certain allegories become operative & that these "frames" echo throughout history because the fundamental pattern & principal is still functional. Thus, a person might experience a kind of death and resurrection experience, or a desert experience, an encounter with the trickster, or, to the degree that they might resist enduring the hero's journey, experience the world splitting along bifurcating timelines, or hear the myth & metaphor in everyday language, stories, every song on the radio or every headline in the newspaper.

I've had these kinds of experiences, but it would be hard to know where to begin in describing any particular one.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I gave you your first star and flag in here. I've had some strange experiences, but I don't know if I want to share them...yet.

I thought you were going to say that the star and flag was your experience.

I had a posting about a few Shadow People run iATS: Shadow People

I also had a few other events happen including an encounter with Earth Lights, A possible Sasquatch encounter, and a few mystery lights in the sky.

Oh and a real sad run in with a ghost like form. I was driving back from an event with my wife and we drove through the upper half of a woman in a wedding dress. I stopped the car and asked my if she saw that, when she described to me the same thing I saw we went back to see if we could explain it. A few days later I had found out that a woman had driven off the road on her why to her wedding. She died when her car went off the road and she drowned in the river. The recovery team that spotted the car the next day had to have her cut out of the car, since it was so badly crushed by the accident.

Me and my wife went back to the spot and laid some flowers down at the accident site. A home owner on a walk said to us; "Oh, you saw her too" and went on his way. Such a weird response by him, we drive that way every now and then, someday I'll get a picture of her and I'll post it here for people to see.

Oh if you go to the last page of the thread I linked, you can read about another persons experience with the paranormal, with a picture of the thing included.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:27 AM
link   
What I do know is that there world doesn't operate the way we think or presume that it does, that it's not WYSIWYG, that there's definitely more going on than meets the eye..

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

Now you're making me feel guilty. Perhaps tomorrow.

Look forward to it.. : )

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

That ghost-bride story is rather sad. Good for you for placing the flowers there. I hope she found her way to the light or whatever it is.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:34 AM
link   
When I lived in San Francisco I was walking home from work one night, around 1 am. I go to cross the street to get to my apartment, and I notice some lights or something flick on above me. I look up, and there's a small black triangle floating above me. It was probably about 6 feet long by about 6 feet wide at the back part of the triangle so it wasn't big enough for anyone to fit inside, so I just figured it was some new type of drone.

The weirdest part though, is that after watching it for about 5 seconds the three lights on the bottom turned off, and it vanished. This thing was some crazy shade of black blacker than anything I have ever seen, and when the lights went off it was like it wasn't there.

It's crazy to think that there are aircraft that can fly through the downtown of a major city and not really be noticed. I wondered afterwards if there is a such thing as classified colors, or shades of colors. Because it occurred to me how dangerous it would be if the shade of black that this thing was was publicly available. You could make pretty much anything invisible at night. And that opens up a big can of worms.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Wow That's a trip!

Im east of SF

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I never expected this from You!
Im very curious, but take your time Star
Ive had some too. Its hard to talk about

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here's one of mine.

When I was in the midst of one of these spiritual experiences I alluded to above, I was on the way to an appointment with a pastor-counselor I'd been referred to after the first one I'd make an inquiry with along the lines that I felt I needed an exorcism, backed out in apparent fear. He seemed to hear something in my voice that suggested trying to help me wouldn't be such a good idea. Maybe he didn't want to lend credence to the idea that I needed like, an exorcism? (my own family doctor said later, when I asked him what he thought happened to me, that because I was a double PK (preachers kid) that with the church on either side of me, I'd come under demonic attack! so I wasn't entirely off my rocker).

Anyway, strange things seemed to be happening. including some unusual feedback on the radio in the cab on the way over to this church where the she worked.

I was thirsty before my appointment so I walked into a sub shop where they had a drink fountain but I didn't see any cups, but when I went to the person at the counter and asked for a cup, one suddenly appeared in my hand (perhaps I'd already somehow gotten one subconsciously..?) and the counter person lept back in absolute terror and shouted - "WHERE DID YOU GET THAT CUP?!!!"

It reaffirmed that something strange was going on with me and that it was a good thing I was seeking help at the time. lol

That said, and while these kinds of "episodes" have occurred repeatedly since 1996,97, I'm ok now, and yet remember every one of them vividly. It's happened to me about 6 times over the years, always around Christmas time.

Perhaps the worst took place after I took a run at Obama on Reddit, but that's another story for another time.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I dreamer that my friend is going to commit suicide by hanging himself. As saw myself hanging on a fishing hook on a metal chain. Next day I woke up I was told he did it exactly at that time earlier when I was dreaming. He was one of mine best friends.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   
The weirdest?

Probably the UFO I saw back in 2011 traveling down route 8 in Ohio between Cleveland and Akron hovering and darting around the Cuyahoga Valley. I've never seen anything move that fast and that far ever, not even in UFO vids.

If not that, then the super strange encounter with a foreign homeless man at 1am on a bridge in the woods in chapel Hill south Carolina... 2009

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Can you tell us the story of the foreign homeless man? Go slow, don't leave anything out. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: residentofearth

Awww, I'm sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing.

+12 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well, why not. I've never shared this story before.

I live on the Island of Hawai'i. What is called the "Big Island," but not the same island where Honolulu is, in case you don't know. It is the largest island by far, but with the lowest population density. The largest "city" on this island is maybe 50,000 people.

I like to explore, always have. I've lived here for almost 20 years, and I've seen more places than most people who were born and raised here. Offroading and camping are my hobbies, and I've ended up in spots that few even know about.

One time in particular, I drove out with some friends on a very rough trail, deep in to an old lava field, and we ended up at a relatively unknown beach. We built a fire and such, had a good time, and when it came time for bed everyone else wanted to sleep on the beach.

I decided to sleep in the back of my truck, as I had a nice mattress that fit perfectly back there, and I didn't want to be in the sand. My truck was backed up to the trees, with the front facing the ocean, on a night that was nearly a full moon. Fell asleep with my dog next to me in the back, looking at some of the clearest stars in the world.

At some point in the middle of the night, I woke up to my dog growling menacingly beside me. While half asleep I put a hand on her to calm her down, but when she realized I was awake, she stood up and began growling full out, and I noticed the hair along her back was fully raised, and she was staring intently at a point a few feet behind the truck. I'd had her since she was a pup that could fit in my hand, and never heard her growl like that before.

I sat up suddenly, following her gaze, with my hand on the machete I had in the back next to me. In the moonlight I clearly saw a little man staring back at me.

He could not have been 3 feet tall, but had the worn and aged face of an adult. We locked eyes, and the only way I can describe his facial expression was near menace. He looked at me like I owed him money, or he had caught me out at the bar with his girlfriend.

There was no fear or even curiosity, just a look like he didn't want me there and was about to make me leave. I'm not a small guy, several times his size, but he was looking like he was about to charge.

It was so unsettling that I froze, couldn't even move. In the back of my mind was the thought that I could crush him with my bare hands, if I had to, but the way he was looking at me completely threw me off.

We looked each other in the eye for an uncomfortably long time, then finally he kind of lifted his chin at me like in a warning way, then he turned around and ran off in to the trees.

People that are raised in the islands talk about the menehune, little people that live in the forests and make trouble, but I never believed it before that night.
edit on 23-6-2019 by VariableConstant because: typo

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join