It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California City Proposes Giving Cash to Violent Gang Members Not to Commit Shootings

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

I'm aware it was the city council also its not a bill.

It's a program to help curb gang violence and is run by a privately funded organization that will match the cities funding to help implement it over the next 5 years.

They wont be just handing out cash to people, they will start programs to help these people find stable work, job training, and education.

www.advancepeace.org...

Also you would be surprised on how dumb people can be at times.

edit on 6-22-2019 by Vigilantastrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Well.. the government agrees not to jail us (shoot us if we resist) as long as we pay them enough every year so this sort of thinking makes perfect sense to them.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
There will be many more gangs forming to collect free moolah from the dumb cash cows. What kind of idiots are running California?

Probably the same kinds who have seen it successfully work when paying farmers to not grow crops.

Believe it or not, it's pretty easy to get people to accept money in exchange for not working.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 01:00 AM
link   
As someone from the valley I was hoping this was a bunch of baloney but I looked it up and sure enough it's true how embarrassing.
The problem I see (besides the obvious of course) is the gangs turning this into a racket of sorts. So they go they do this program take the money then go back to shooting people again? My other question is where is the money going to come from? Taxes?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join