It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Venus and Jupiter May Meddle With Earth’s Orbit and Climate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+16 more 
posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 11:49 PM
link   

In 405,000-year cycles, the tug of nearby planets causes hotter summers, colder winters and drier droughts on our home planet

Astronomers have long hypothesized that other planets in our solar system have impacts here on Earth, shifting its whirl around the sun from nearly circular to five percent elliptical. But they lacked much physical evidence of this process—and have long debated the particulars of the effects. The new study published in in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, demonstrates the influence of our planetary neighbor’s pull using a 1,500-foot rock core collected in 2013 from a butte in Arizona’s Petrified Forest National Park and cores from the site of ancient lake beds in New York and New Jersey.

Researchers noticed that lake sediment cores bear a regular pattern of ancient lakes drying up and refilling over the course of hundreds of thousands of years—a cycle that hints at cyclical changes in climate. However, they lacked the ability to precisely date those climatic shifts. The Arizona core, however, contain layers of ash from volcanic eruptions that could be dated because it contains radioisotopes.

The researchers aligned the Arizona core dates to the ancient lake cores using bands found in all of the cores, marking reversals in Earth’s magnetic fields. This allowed them to compare the records. The analysis demonstrated that the climate swings took place every 405,000 years for at least the last 215 million years, or through the Late Triassic age when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

Read more: Link

According to a scientific article published in the "Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences" the gravitational interactions between Jupiter and Venus affect Earth's orbit, and in turn affects our planet's climate in a cyclical event which occurs every 405,000 years for at least the past 215 million years.

There are many natural factors that affect Earth's climate and we keep on finding more and more evidence to this fact. But then you have democrats/liberals like AOC, claiming that "the world will end in 12 years because of anthropogenic climate change" without any factual evidence showing this.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:06 AM
link   
The planets are not real and are only metaphoric representations of blah blah..blah blah. I just don't even feel like bothering anymore.

edit on 22-6-2019 by FlukeSkywalker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
The other planets can effect what happens here on earth, but it would be hard to know for sure how it would effect climate. Maybe in fifty more years of observations they may figure it out better.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlukeSkywalker
The planets are not real and are only metaphoric representations of blah blah..blah blah. I just don't even feel like bothering anymore.

Do You have a thread where You did bother? I'm genuinely curious.

To the OP
Sounds like a reason for another tax. Jupiter/Venus Climate tax

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Interesting thread, thanks for sharing.

Not surprised to learn this happens but never really gave it any thought.

Kinda cool.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Been watching the ring of fire and oh boy, the last few weeks has seen a lot of activity, especially around and north of New Zealand. Wondering if these planetary alignments are influencing the Earth with some 6-7 volcanoes active at present according to hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4891morfih

Interesting thread, thanks for sharing.

Not surprised to learn this happens but never really gave it any thought.

Kinda cool.

If you put a magnet next to a screw, the screw will somehow stick to the magnet.

Another cool thing to try, next time you have a magnet. The world is filled with amazing things.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   

I wonder which oil company sponsored this article.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
The other planets can effect what happens here on earth, but it would be hard to know for sure how it would effect climate. Maybe in fifty more years of observations they may figure it out better.

It'll probably be 100 years from now when people will be laughing saying, "they sure were stupid back in the early 2000's when those silly citizens let their governments and scientists talk them into solving climate change through taxes and carbon credits".

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: LogicalGraphitti

It'll probably be 100 years from now when people will be laughing saying, "they sure were stupid back in the early 2000's when those silly citizens let their governments and scientists talk them into solving climate change through taxes and carbon credits".

Half the people are laughing at it now, but laughing will not stop them from collecting taxes from us, making it sound like it is necessary to add taxes so people do not travel as much. Most fuels are used on going back and forth to work and to haul commerce all over the world. Raising prices of everything is not going to do the trick, they still want us to keep buying the junk, they are not going to increase the longlivity of things we buy or stop the planned obsollescence, that would disrupt the taxes they collect from workers and sales and import taxes. They just want us to pay more taxes.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Half the people are laughing at it now, but laughing will not stop them from collecting taxes from us, making it sound like it is necessary to add taxes so people do not travel as much. Most fuels are used on going back and forth to work and to haul commerce all over the world. Raising prices of everything is not going to do the trick, they still want us to keep buying the junk, they are not going to increase the longlivity of things we buy or stop the planned obsollescence, that would disrupt the taxes they collect from workers and sales and import taxes. They just want us to pay more taxes.

Which brings us to yet another problem - trash! Out of sight, out of mind apparently. The older I get, the more I care about the trash I produce. Population keeps increasing and the garbage dumps are getting taller. Plastic is, by far, the most plentiful thing I throw away. And to think, it came from oil.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Which brings us to yet another problem - trash! Out of sight, out of mind apparently. The older I get, the more I care about the trash I produce. Population keeps increasing and the garbage dumps are getting taller. Plastic is, by far, the most plentiful thing I throw away. And to think, it came from oil.

We really do not throw out much plastic, we do not buy that much stuff in plastic containers, our milk is in cardboard cartons, we get the paper bags most times when shopping. We repurpose almost everything before throwing it away and we do separate out the cans and the paper for recycling.

We try not to buy much unnatural chemicals for cleaning and daily use, I do not want to buy things anymore that hurt our environment. We drive older cars, not wanting to get a new one which causes more harm to the earth to get it made. I do not care if we do not look prestigious in a new car. People have been conditioned by society to believe success means extravagance in lifestyle, that is so perverted of an outlook at things, yet many people are BSed into believing it.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Hi ElectricUniverse

Are you saying that from some sort of syzygy alignment there is an effect on Earths orbit by Jupiter & Venus or via some other planetary configuration?

The analysis demonstrated that the climate swings took place every 405,000 years for at least the last 215 million years, or through the Late Triassic age when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

If it is believed this is a cycle of 405,000 years then the planets positions should be able to be tracked and plotted to see if there is any correlation. Has this been done do you know?

Thanks
edit on 22 6 19 by Diaspar because: no reason

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Humankind is still very simple-minded and very fragile.

We freak-out over what is normal when it comes to planetary interaction with the solar system around it.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Diaspar

The researchers aligned the Arizona core dates to the ancient lake cores using bands found in all of the cores, marking reversals in Earth’s magnetic fields. This allowed them to compare the records. The analysis demonstrated that the climate swings took place every 405,000 years for at least the last 215 million years, or through the Late Triassic age when dinosaurs roamed the Earth.

So why are Venus and Jupiter so influential on our orbit? Venus’s tug is so strong because it’s our closest planetary neighbor, approaching as close as 24 million miles. The sheer size of Jupiter—which is roughly 318 times as massive as Earth—means it also has an outsized pull on our planet. At the peak of that warped orbit, Earth undergoes hotter summers, colder winters as well as more intense periods of drought and wetness.

Knowing how this cycle works could impact on our understanding of past climate change and the arrival and disappearance of plant and animal species. “Scientists can now link changes in the climate, environment, dinosaurs, mammals and fossils around the world to this 405,000-year cycle in a very precise way," lead author Dennis Kent, an expert in paleomagnetism at Columbia University and Rutgers tells Doyle Rice at USA Today. “The climate cycles are directly related to how the Earth orbits the sun and slight variations in sunlight reaching Earth lead to climate and ecological changes.”

Link

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

I still didn't see anything where they state where the orbits of Venus and Jupiter are in relation to Earth during these cycles. However, they do say;

"This is truly complicated stuff," said Olsen. "We are using basically the same kinds of math to send spaceships to Mars, and sure, that works. But once you start extending interplanetary motions back in time and tie that to cause and effect in climate, we can't claim that we understand how it all works."

So i guess they have a lot more work to do on this.

But, it did start me looking at the Milankovitch Cycles

Btw, the comments section on the phys.org site make for interesting reading!

Interesting post. Thanks

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Interesting article thanks for the post.

Somehow people still managed to warp the discussion into taxes. Seriously taxes? is that what keeps you up all night?

Can't have a discussion about anything on this site anymore without it devolving into some government conspiracy.

edit on 23-6-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: wantsome
Interesting article thanks for the post.

Somehow people still managed to warp the discussion into taxes. Seriously taxes? is that what keeps you up all night?

Can't have a discussion about anything on this site anymore without it devolving into some government conspiracy.

Three posts out of 16 mention taxes. That's hardly "warping" the discussion.

By the way, I come to ATS to read about and to discuss conspiracies. Deny ignorance.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:41 AM
link   
delete already found
edit on 23-6-2019 by dubiousatworst because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: dubiousatworst

Hi dubious

I already said that in my last reply and linked to wiki site re Milankovitch Cycles

Anyway, what i was hoping to find was the positions of Venus and Jupiter during the 405,000 y cycle - as i would find that very interesting. I couldn't seem to find that, including in the paper by the authors

top topics

<<   2 >>

join