It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what power would u pick?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Whats a better mutant ability? wolverines healing ability or proffessors master of the mind. what do you think? is there a better power out there? let me know

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Of those two Wolverines abilities are pretty useless. Professor Xavier is supposed to be one of the worlds most powerful mutants, he can just 'turn off' Wolverine's brain. There are countless mutants that could easily kill Wolverine. He is my favorite X-man but when you stack him up against the likes of Professor X he is pretty much nothing.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:30 PM
link   
well I'd rather be like wolverine and smoke and drink my heart out and not worry about having to gain a pound! I wouldnt want all the power that Xavier has, I would'n't want to know what people are thinking and feeling all the time.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   
i like profs master of the mind because he can kill any and every thing he wanted to just by thinking hard enough

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by _Uforia_
is there a better power out there? let me know

Yes - Pixy magick.

The ability to turn water into Cornish scrumpy cider and bread into Cornish pasties

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
That's a tough one. i don't think i could deal with xavier's powers, i think it would be too tempting, i'm not saying i'd use it for evil, but just say if you're having a really bad day, and some guy at work is just being a real jerk, assume it's your boss, now tell me i'm not the only one who would just shut his mind off for a while. i guess i'd take wolverine's ability, i really don't like him that much, but regeneration is a pretty cool ability. i think i'd like the Grifter's power. he can regenerate, but he also ages a lot slower than normal people, i think it was half as fast, but can't remember, that could be fun.plus, he uses guns, and i LOVE guns. also, he's not really a toughy guy like wolverine, that's his worst quality in my mind, wolverine boasts too much, and i hate braggarts.

posted on Apr, 14 2005 @ 10:59 AM
link   
the proffesers power owns them all

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Whats a better mutant ability? wolverines healing ability or proffessors master of the mind. what do you think? is there a better power out there? let me know

Personally I think that Magneto, even though I know most view him as a villian. I think that having the ability to manipulate metal atoms would be super cool! He is just as powerful as Professor Xavier in his own way which makes him a worthy adversary.

posted on Apr, 15 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Hmm, what power would I like. Well, like many mutants in the comics, I would like several powers.

First, I would like the power to turn my right hand into the tastiest steak imaginable, super tender, marinated to perfection, and cooked just right. Then, after having a small feast, I could change it back into my hand then right back into another steak (in case I'm really hungry).

The other hand would be able to turn into a never ending beer tap with Guiness PLUS (uber tasty!) and the ability to regulate how much alcohol goes into every glass I pour. That way, if someone's had enough, I could either spike their drink to the point of making them pass out and getting rid of the trouble, or just deprive them of alcohol and give them N/A Guiness PLUS.

Finally, for the last super power, I'd like the ability to fire party streamers from my mouth whenever I bellow PAR-TAY!

See, then I could get a job at the circus, but never have to worry about going hungry or thirsty because I'd always have a drink and a steak to munch on. I suppose I would also need the ability to turn my toes into vegitables, too, so as to stay healthy. Oooo, or maybe when I turn my hand into a steak, my thumb's nail becomes a multi-vitamin, too. I could eat the steak and take the vitamin with my beer! ROCK, ROCK ON! They would call me...

Partaitor the Rockinator!

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 02:10 AM
link   
like most people have said Xavier has few rivals, apocalypse though is the srongest single mutant though. I would still prefer wolverine's healing and animal senses (adamantium would be a nice xtra, lol). another mutant's power that I like alot would be colosus, he's pretty kool powers and sabertooth though they are very similar to wolverine's.

PS a non-marvel power I would like are warblade's power from wild cats.

posted on Apr, 16 2005 @ 05:31 AM
link   
The special power I choose will be Really Big Feet

That way I would be able to travel massive distances in only a matter of steps!

(Otherwise, I would want Silver Surfers Board!)

posted on Jun, 11 2005 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Do you remember the silver age of comics? Well there was a team of teen superheroes called the "Legion of Super Heroes". There was Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy, Matter Eater Lad, etc. But the one power that always intrigued me was that of Bouncing Boy. Ohmygosh.....just think of the power of super bouncing? What couldn't you do with that ability? The fate of worlds would be within your grasp

posted on Jun, 13 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

if you haven't got your health ... you haven't got anything.

nevertheless, i rather like the idea of weather control, because i like rainy days and cloud cover and ... i know more than a few people who could use a jolt of lightning from time to time and ... it might be nice to blow a few people away via a strong wind.

[edit on 13-6-2005 by smadewell]

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I'd chose Gambits powers. As far as I know he can make any object he wants to explode. That would be AWSOME!!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2005 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I would take Rouge's power. Then I could just touch you all long enough and steal your power forever.....thus accumulating ALL the mutant powers.....impressive.

As far as between prof. X and Wolverine....Xavier all the way baby.....even though I like Wolverine better.

[edit on 3-7-2005 by MacMerdin]

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I'd like to be able to travel vast distances instananeously.

you could call me "Far Out Man".

Someones in trouble, needs me to get out there, a really far distance.

Just shout FAR OUT MAN!!! I'm there..

Of course, I would mention, in my bio, that there were huge numbers of false alarms, back in the 60's. I ended up at a lot of Dead concerts.

p.s. I got the idea when reading the name of one of our newest members..

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacedoubt
I'd like to be able to travel vast distances instananeously.

you could call me "Far Out Man".

Someones in trouble, needs me to get out there, a really far distance.

Just shout FAR OUT MAN!!! I'm there..

Of course, I would mention, in my bio, that there were huge numbers of false alarms, back in the 60's. I ended up at a lot of Dead concerts.

p.s. I got the idea when reading the name of one of our newest members..

Far out, man!

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'd be..Invisible Girl.

Or whoever the Marvel equivalent would be.

That would be a verrrry eeenteresting little thing to be, non?

posted on Jul, 12 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
JJ says

Far out, Man

On my way,
to save the day.
Jungle J!

[edit on 12-7-2005 by spacedoubt]

posted on Jul, 13 2005 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I would want a variant of Gambits powers. He can convert potential energy into kinetic energy and..... KA-BOOM! I would like to manipulate energy in this way; but also in more subtle ways so that I could use telekenisis.

Of the two Wolverine vs. Prof. X?..... hmmmmmmmmm that's a tough one, are we talking about Prof. X when he is himself or when he became evil for a short while? Becuase he had some pretty powerful powers! (sorry lacking my thesaurus right now) He could walk then and he could make you relive your most painful moment in life and intensify that pain to an unimaginable level. Don't know if I'd want that ability though, way to easy to abuse!

Wolverine is really strong and can heal up really quickly, along with his acute senses. No one would want to mess with him, and he has the most kick butt attitude. Although that has nothing to do with his unique mutant gift. Being able to age at such a slow rate due to fast healing factor would be a huge plus..... (wrinkles would take a really long time to form).

This is a really tough choice.... I guess in the end I would chose brain over brawn; but I would try not to ever influence someone else's thoughts.... those are to preciuos to mess with!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join