It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad bad Oregon brown senators on the run from Police

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kindnessandkisses

I like that Sen Bomquist told them to send bachelors. From comments here and elsewhere, it seems a lot of people don't understand the reference.

He's saying to send single guys, not husbands/fathers. So the enemies he crosses off aren't leaving behind families.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
they are in idaho and the idaho state police said pretty much were not doing anything because they have violated no laws in the state of idaho
www.ktvb.com... 7-666a-4237-8050-7ab45b41a0a6?fbclid=IwAR2XwmBal1rejqfgNbhJNfW0hQNvK_7kn_jyFvI-Zm25xqunoOHLQ6iEjhI

KTVB reached out to Idaho State Police to see if the Oregon State Police has contacted them in regards to the search for the missing senators who might be in Idaho. They said, "Idaho State Police is not involved in the search for Oregon lawmakers, as these individuals are not suspected of breaking any Idaho laws."

en.wikipedia.org... wiki on brown

Brown was integral in rounding up votes to pass a bill in 2003 reforming Oregon's Public Employee Retirement System and then voted against the reform bill in order to preserve her ties to organized labor. Many of her colleagues went on to lose their seats due to backlash from labor unions.[36] As Secretary of State, Brown faced further political backlash when she said she had made a mistake in the scheduling of the election for Labor Commissioner between Democrat Brad Avakian and Republican Bruce Starr. An early election would have favored Starr, but as the election approached, Brown changed her mind and scheduled the election for November, helping Avakian win the race.[36] Brown has been criticized for ousting a number of high-level public officials.[37] She has been accused of mismanaging Oregon DHS Child Welfare in audits published in January 2018.[38][39][40][41][42][43][44] Brown faced an investigation into brokering an agreement – for campaign contributions – between Nike and unions that withdrew a corporate transparency initiative from the general election ballot in 2018.[45] Nike founder Phil Knight contributed over $1 million to the campaign of her Republican opponent.[46]
and she also did this

In January 2015, Brown submitted a letter to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in support of the purchase of Time Warner Cable by Comcast that had been almost entirely ghostwritten by Comcast, a company that has made a total of over $10,000 in donations to her past election campaigns.[16]
which seems pretty shady
www.chicagotribune.com...
and back in the early 2001s the dems in the oregon senate did pretty much exactly this

Oregon House Democrats once fled the capitol to the Warms Springs Reservation in 2001 over a redistricting proposal. At the time, Brown, then-Senate President, called the walkout "appropriate under the circumstances." As governor, she convinced Republicans to end a May walkout over an education funding tax package in exchange for tabling legislation on gun control and vaccine requirements. Part of that deal was that conservatives would not walk out again. This time around, the governor said she’s pursuing more direct action against Republicans because she felt that they backslid on “the word they gave to their colleagues and to me.”
so it was ok then just not now?

they have to hold out tell the 30th i think to stop pretty much anything happening in oregon for the session they are in

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 06:43 PM
link   
You all are like the pot calling the kettle black. Wasn't just a few years back that some Dinocrats went missing on a vote in the midwest you all thought it was so funny. Well its not funny now?

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Do the Democrats think they can bully everyone into bowing down to them? People like that should not be allowed to be left in control. Why not just rename the governor position to Gestapo?

The governors seem to think they rule the people these days when in fact, they are supposed to do what is in the best interest of the people they serve. I would think that this bill is going to hurt all the people in their state.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 11:37 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes, yes they do. In Washington State Inslee openly stated that since his carbon tax failed public approval, he was just going to by pass them. For their own good of course, his words not mine. Governor Brown isn't any better. Remember the big hold up here in that the GOP wants this bill to go to the people to vote on, something that the people also want, but the DNC don't want that (they even said that this matter was too important for the voters to decide)

Again, it really is Trotskyism that's being tossed in the face of the voters here.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 02:54 AM
link   

First of all I apologise for replying after only reading one page of this thread and I know I may be repeating points others have made.

I read about this yesterday and wondered why no-one had started a thread on it.

I find it staggering that things have deteriorated to such a point that elected officials feel the need to go on the run from the state legislative body to prevent them from introducing cap and trade laws.
Then state police have been instructed to find them and force to return and vote.

Was cap and trade part of the local Democrats manifesto when they got elected?

Maybe I'm doing a bit of fence sitting here but I understand the principle behind cap and trade and if its part of the local party's manifesto surely they have a moral duty to try and implement that policy?
And surely elected officials have a moral duty to attend hearings and abide by democratically elected policies?

If there is such a massive difference between interests and wishes of the urban and rural areas then is it not time to separate the two?

But surely no elected body should have the power to instruct the police to forcibly abduct anyone and make them attend meetings?
That is a very dangerous abuse of power and one that needs nipping in the bud before the practice spreads or becomes accepted.
Who knows where such a thing may stop?

Now to read the rest of the thread.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join