It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad bad Oregon brown senators on the run from Police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

Certainly. And I think it’s a safe bet that this particular senator is one of those.

Doesn’t make it any easier to take seriously the vast majority of those that talk about it is all I’m saying.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

I now that when the Democrats fled one of the states to avoid a vote being taken over their objections, it was bad. I think the part I object to here is the idea of using law enforcement to hunt them down and compel them to return.

Fleeing to prevent a role call and vote to hold up the works is a cheap stunt. I think we can all agree on that, but at the same time, using law enforcement to compel elected officials to return by force also sets a bad precedent too.
edit on 21-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   

We were part of the same exodus. My family left in 1986, moved to Colorado. Oregon went into real tough times back then, sometimes the best answer is to move where the deck isn't stacked against you.

The solution always rides on the people. If those lawmakers can delay the push, which I consider as an attack on the people of the state, then I think their efforts are justified. They forced awareness on the national level. It is up to the people of Oregon now to either take advantage of that and create momentum against cap and trade or sit back and admit defeat.

Many bad laws depend on passing under the radar. Corrupt and evil work in the shadows. They don't like being brought into the light. Skitter around like roaches when exposed.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kindnessandkisses

Sounds like standard Texas politics. Ours will go to New Mexico so Rangers cant bring them in.

Always a pseudo scandal.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
using law enforcement to compel elected officials to return by force also sets a bad precedent too.

I can't really argue with that. On that I'm with you.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:20 PM
link   
It's being covered now by Russian Times
Senator says come heavily armed with bachelors...

www.rt.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I did not know that the first time I drove through Oregon. I damn near pistol whipped some idiot in Baker City who bum rushed me to grab the nozzle out of my hand while I was looking for the card reader on the pump.

Ya they are quite serious about gas pumping...lol

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   

I agree with you in spirit, elected officials are exactly that - elected officials. But there is a bigger part of me that believes it is incumbent upon all Americans to stand up to government run amok, regardless of how that government achieved its power. It is only through acts such as this that we will protect our society, our beliefs, our way of life, and our future.

The onus is upon us.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Strate8

I never would have taken contracts there had I known what it was like. I was there in 88/89.

The correct way to deal with it would be to vote against it, then when the reality sinks in to the citizens paying for things, use it as a bludgeon to take the majority in a future election. Then kill it when they are in control.

It's amazing it's being voted on anywhere, considering it's history in places like Spain. It simply does not work and it just inconveniences the citizens for no reason. I may be wrong, but I think unions are against it in general, a part of the Lefts base.

Either way you deal with things like this by using the system instead of fighting it. One of the best pieces of advise I've ever received from a mentor was to stop fighting the system and learn to use it.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Kindnessandkisses

There is no need to arrest her for treason. Oregon's constitution allows this.

Oregon’s constitution allows the majority party to “compel” the attendance of absent members of the legislature.

While I don't like their cap and trade bill. It's within their right to compel attendance.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

It's amazing it's being voted on anywhere, considering it's history in places like Spain. It simply does not work and it just inconveniences the citizens for no reason. I may be wrong, but I think unions are against it in general, a part of the Lefts base.

Its a job killer. Oregon has gone the path to lead the world in green progressiveness. Cap is to aggressively cap emissions without cost being a factor, and trade is to aggressively tax anything that produces CO2 or even thinks about it without cost being a factor once again.

Companies will leave... I personally feel it is just another tax generating scheme wrapped in green due to the fact they can not afford their PERS retirement system and do not want to change it even though it is out of control expensive.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
This situation can go bad, or could end peaceably. It's going to depend on being reasonable. I started a thread about this yesterday (ATS: Mudpit)
It kind of goes over some of the issues of the crisis, and highlights the LtCol (ret) Boquist history a bit. Currently it looks like the GOP are mostly out of the state, but the session today was ended early (very early) since they don't have enough people there to hold any votes. The GOP are being fined 500$ daily for not showing up, and the State Police has been in talks with a few un-named GOP members.

As I brought up before in the above thread:
The votes of the GOP don't matter, but the votes are needed to do any business. This walkout is the GOP trying to get the DNC to come to a compromise that will help the entire state and not just a couple of cities.
If the State Police does force the GOP in to vote, will it matter at all, or should it even be counted? In a court of law a confession made under duress can be tossed out, so if these Senators feel like they were forced by the State Police to show up and vote, doesn't that fall into the same as "confessing under duress"?
Something nobody really want to see, but given the heated issue being presented, how will the country react to GOP members getting forced at gunpoint, shot, or even killed due to this issue? I'm sure no matter what happens the media will most likely be there to broadcast the return of these GOP members, and some of these GOP do have the background to make this situation go either way.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I think hell is going into the hand basket pretty soon. Once again the children on both sides are throwing a fit...….little brats.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
This situation can go bad, or could end peaceably. It's going to depend on being reasonable. I started a thread about this yesterday (ATS: Mudpit)
It kind of goes over some of the issues of the crisis, and highlights the LtCol (ret) Boquist history a bit. Currently it looks like the GOP are mostly out of the state, but the session today was ended early (very early) since they don't have enough people there to hold any votes. The GOP are being fined 500$ daily for not showing up, and the State Police has been in talks with a few un-named GOP members.

As I brought up before in the above thread:
The votes of the GOP don't matter, but the votes are needed to do any business. This walkout is the GOP trying to get the DNC to come to a compromise that will help the entire state and not just a couple of cities.
If the State Police does force the GOP in to vote, will it matter at all, or should it even be counted? In a court of law a confession made under duress can be tossed out, so if these Senators feel like they were forced by the State Police to show up and vote, doesn't that fall into the same as "confessing under duress"?
Something nobody really want to see, but given the heated issue being presented, how will the country react to GOP members getting forced at gunpoint, shot, or even killed due to this issue? I'm sure no matter what happens the media will most likely be there to broadcast the return of these GOP members, and some of these GOP do have the background to make this situation go either way.

Actually they do not need to vote at all, but there needs to be at least 20 reps in the building to count and the dems only have 18, so they need just 2 hog tied on the floor to actually have the vote count.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I disagree. The Dem issue with Trump was budget involved, which is one of the few actual mandatory duties of elected officials and failure to pass had real time impacts. New laws, like the garbage Oregon is looking to pass, not so much. If it fails to be voted on the only impact is the people of Oregon continue to enjoy freedom and rights. The GOP there is standing against the tyranny of the masses, which is as American an action as we're likely to get in this age of wimpy, lukewarm "patriots" within the electorate.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Whether I agree with them or not, the people of Oregon voted in who they voted in. It's always wrong for the minority to try and overrule the majority with trickery IMO. Just as it's wrong for the Dem's to try and force Trump out of office because they don't like how people voted.

Were this to be reversed and it was the Dem's in the minority and pulling a stunt for any reason, I'd feel the same.

Now where I do agree is that the idea of having any elected official forcibly detained and taken in for protesting a vote is very wrong. Hard to imagine it in a state known for protests, which is what they are doing. Both sides are acting badly in this case IMO.

ETA: They all need a trip out to the woodshed.

edit on 6/21/2019 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yes, it is for sure a job killer and a small business killer. Anything that increases expenses is and in the end, the consumer pays in higher prices on pretty much everything, where energy costs are involved.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Nah. Its called "civil disobedience" amd its the foundation of a free society

If we were a democracy i might agree legally. Id still disagree morally.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Exactly! Does being held at gunpoint (either literally or figuratively) count? This is literally forcing an issue on the people of Oregon. I get it that the people voted these politicians in, but if Oregon is anything like Washington State (which I believe it is) good luck trying to figure out if the votes were legitimately counted.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

The rule of law is the primary foundation of a free society.

What would be the end game? Hide out until their terms are up?

I think I can hold the view that they should not be detained and forced to do anything, while at the same time holding the view what they are doing makes no sense. I fully respect their right to do what they are doing, I just think it's a fools errand.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join