It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology Today: People Refusing To Date Transgenders Is ‘Dehumanizing’

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annagramma
a reply to: CthruU

I think it is because these are people who CANNOT accept themselves. So they force their neurosis onto everyone else in the hope that enough external validation will fix their self-loathing.

I've really lost all patience with activists. One on one if the person is decent and they are minding their own business is one thing. I've met several trans people. I do not ridicule them or say hey, you're not really a guy just because you dress like one. Whatever, live and let live. But a stranger has ZERO rights on my opinion of them and ZERO rights to demand I accept them if I do not choose so.

My uncle was gay before he was murdered by a gay hater. It took interpol to track that bloke down and put him where he belongs.

So i'm straight thankfully but i can assure anyone i have an intimate understanding of both sides perspective.

I am always happy to accept anyone at face value until give reasons to reevaluate my acceptance - this reevaluation by me usually occurs after -

Overbearing in your face over the top gay behavior.
Refusal to accept I'm straight and cannot be persuaded otherwise.
Inappropriate touching and mannerisms.
Sly looks - ie suggestive winks,stares, etc

I used to go with my uncle to gay pubs just for the happiness and freedom of expression and especially the violence free environment as i look very rugged and have spent a lifetime defending myself from straight punters who saw me as a measuring stick in normal pubs and i was getting a fair record for assault and it had to stop so my uncle said come with me just tell them your straight, but i can assure anyone its not us straighties that are unaccepting it's usually the gays majorically who refuse to tow the line and push for a opportunity to well - try to change your mind.
In the process of these outings as I'm a closet psychologist i would sit back have a few bourbans and just watch- the things i saw will live with me forever.
These LGBT communities are the biggest hypocrites i have ever had the misfortune of analyzing and I'll leave it at that but - another poster mentioned that they "don't want anything other than to bang you" - well i couldn't agree more from my observations actually its their MO and exactly the reasons why hectrosexual people wont even entertain the thought of dating them. They are shallow,immature and offensive by nature.

Quite simply my message to gay men anyway is ---- my A$$ is for dumping not for pumping. Simple.
and then they still don't accept that and they say well my A$$ is for pumping wanna give it a try and hence the repulsion and offensiveness sets in. Hence the MO.

If the LGBT community want acceptance from the so called norm, they need to practice what they preach and accept a few things themselves otherwise they will only get so far but definitely they need to start dressing a bit more morally correct and stop flaunting their wildness for want of a better term.

If LGBT want respect they need to understand just like any other human being on this planet that it must be EARNED not DEMANDED. End of day. Simple.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaTribeEntity
Is there any way of switching this reality off and back on again?

Might fix it, I 'dunno, 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think there's a Peak Trans patch out there if people would just update their virus protection.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I've never even met a "transgender" person anyway - and even if I had, I certainly did not know that they were "transgender". It's not even something I consciously think about...

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Wait ... why aren't they chastising gays for only dating people of the same sex? Isn't that dehumanizing the same way that only wanting to date people of the opposite sex who are actually that sex would be?

Because they are morons.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
My personal reality set aside I would like to point out that as populations grow the need for procreation is drastically diminished. You straight people having children you can't take care of is the reason behind the evolutionary surge of the lgbt community. In every other species on earth, they evolve to their own needs as we as humans do as well. Furthermore, not one of you have resisted evolution and convictions and political religion be damned you are still who you are and evolution to survive is a fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: continuousThunder
okay, let's take this extremely slowly. let me know if you get lost and need me to explain again.

it is dehumanising to declare that you wouldn't date an entire class of people.
that's a simple fact - you're treating people as an identical mass that you can just cast aside in one go.
that's pretty much the definition of dehumanising there.
Dating is about the connection between two individuals. You meet and you hit it off for various reasons, generally similar interests or views on the world.
it's like saying you wouldn't date an asian, or a blonde. There are a LOT of people in those subsets and they're all extremely different and going "nah blondes don't do it for me" is extremely reductionist and rude.
Only with trans people it's on a whole extra level because there are SO MANY trans people you'd never even know are trans unless they told you. So to just decide that you won't date any of these people, en masse - yeah that's dehumanising in action right there.

But don't worry, you're not being forced to date trans people. trans people already suffer enough in this world.

If there are "so many" trans people, then a "cis" person not dating them shouldn't be an issue as there are plenty of trans people to date, right?

Also, 99% of trans people let you know they are trans pretty early on.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Still doesn't mean we have to have sex with anyone and everyone who may or may not want to have sex with us though.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
My personal reality set aside I would like to point out that as populations grow the need for procreation is drastically diminished. You straight people having children you can't take care of is the reason behind the evolutionary surge of the lgbt community. In every other species on earth, they evolve to their own needs as we as humans do as well. Furthermore, not one of you have resisted evolution and convictions and political religion be damned you are still who you are and evolution to survive is a fact.

So having too many kids and not being able to take care of them make people gay? I thought one was born that way?

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

While you can have sex with whomever or whatever you want its not my business. Whom am I to judge goat farmers .

for further reading on how species respond to survive when populations swell food becomes sparce ect
sciencing.com...

species and genetics adapt gradually over time to address resistance to threatening factors so yes gradually genetics will lend itself what is needed. Although, lately a lot of the hyperbole are people seeking attention negative or positive.

Passing judgment on that one person in the room that doesn't conform to the way the political faiths demand isn't fair on your part. It's like being that one kid that has a stuttering problem that everyone else picks on. Either way treating someone differently or refusing to see things as they are due to the brainwashing of political religion - faith-based stained glasses makes you ignorant.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Wardaddy454

While you can have sex with whomever or whatever you want its not my business. Whom am I to judge goat farmers .

for further reading on how species respond to survive when populations swell food becomes sparce ect
sciencing.com...

species and genetics adapt gradually over time to address resistance to threatening factors so yes gradually genetics will lend itself what is needed. Although, lately a lot of the hyperbole are people seeking attention negative or positive.

Passing judgment on that one person in the room that doesn't conform to the way the political faiths demand isn't fair on your part. It's like being that one kid that has a stuttering problem that everyone else picks on. Either way treating someone differently or refusing to see things as they are due to the brainwashing of political religion - faith-based stained glasses makes you ignorant.

Well hold on, I'm confused now.

So are you saying that people are gay because food is scarce, or are you saying that because there are so many kids, some people find no reason to procreate.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   
that among other factors.

Take for example, can you ever put yourself in a place that would make you capable of murdering your family because you can't support them? I hope not nor could I, but you hear about it happening almost daily where mom drowns her kids are dad goes nuts.

I argue that when this very terrible thing occurs because the father or mother felt an utter failure because they don't feel good even when they are doing the things based upon sociological NORMS ask of them. This feeling lent itself to a psychological spiral downward to where I hope you and I could never conceive or understand.

Man beats his beautiful wife over and over again because he is not happy even tho he is doing what he is supposed to be doing. Why do you think that is?

While you may be happy following the status quo and being who your SUPPOSED to be many are finding they are not wired that way and cannot cope with going against their natural desires.

Forcing others to conform to the prescribed way of living results in these terrible things occuring.

I understand staring through faith stained glasses and being raised with unfaliable faith because its why i never came out or never give in to my desires. I can never be happy with my life, but have learned to cope with that, but you can ask my wife its a road paved in pain and tears.

edit on 22-6-2019 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2019 by Saiker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Forcing others to conform to the prescribed way of living results in these terrible things occuring.

Who is being forced and by who? There are always norms and pressures to fit into them (in many different ateas not just sexuality and gender norms).. that isnt "force" and it does not "result in" people killing kids etc.

You act as if straight people are predisposed to (and are almost helpless to resist) irresponsible breeding because they haven't "evolved" beyond attraction toward the opposite sex which is pretty obnoxious.. and as if gays and bisexuals never reproduce at all.. or irresponsibly.. when they obviously do.
edit on 22-6-2019 by WalkTheRingsOfSaturn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 12:28 PM
link   

I'm sorry about your uncle.

I used to have a gay male friend who would often sit down around straight men and insist all men were gay and that all they had to do was try it and they'd know they were. He was vibrant and wonderful in many ways, but he did not respect boundaries. When people say "homophobes" are men who fear gay men will treat them the way straight men treat women, they are not far off. No means no. My husband attracts gay men and the ones who've hit on him quickly back off. I don't witness as much aggression towards straight men as I used to, but maybe that's because I'm no longer in my twenties hanging around other twenty-somethings.

At any rate, on the radfem (derided as TERFs) blogs they are spot on. No one has a right to anyone else. People's choices when turning down potential dating or sex partners have to be respected no matter what the reason. They shouldn't even have to give a reason why they're saying no - just accept it and move on.
But I really do think parents fail their children when they don't teach them about proper boundaries, or when schools don't. Or that everyone has their unique preferences and all you really need is one, and a willingness to look for them.

I've been acquainted with a few transpeople and yes, it can be a lonely life. Yet some of them do manage to find partners. But I've also known emotionally needy straight people where the love of one person is still not enough - they seem desperate for everyone to fawn over them, which just does not happen.

Part of the problem with GLBT is that their identity for many seems based entirely on their sex life. That alone will make a lot of people hesitant to want to be around them. I'm old enough to remember when the rallying call was what two consulting adults do in private is not the public's business. That goes both ways. If your sex life is not the public's business, then don't make it the pubic's business.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

How they can try to compare interracial integration to trans integration in terms if relationships is beyond me. Nice try though I guess.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Its amazing to me what some will call "dehumanizing," and the like. Illustrates pretty clearly just how rare truly dehumanizing tendencies and behaviors are, in our current society. The same concept goes for so many things nowadays.. And, naturally, those that see such things where they arent are much more susceptible to be the perpetrators of what they decry.

I mean, many of us grow up thinking things like "there is someone for everyone," "things will get better," and that there is always a happy ending (heh) to our own story. But the world and universe are a cold, brutal place.

Learning, realizing, and accepting this are a quick path to true appreciation of the nice things. For many, they will only ever peek through the horror of existence like rays of the sun through the clouds.

In some ways, I feel real pity for these folks. When they inevitably encounter true hardships, and not just perceived ones created by the shelter of civilization, it will be like a sledgehammer of reality.

The issue is that until then, they seem dead set on forcing others to perpetuate the illusion/delusion regardless of "cost" or adherence to anything resembling reality. Then again, I suppose for someone who genuinely believes this is "dehumanizing," its difficult to be grateful and appreciative while still firmly under the umbrella of a such a sheltered life.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Your post reminds me of a time when a gay guy was trying to hit on me at a straight bar. He was let’s just say a lil over the top, when he didn’t get the very civil message that I wasn’t gay and had no interest in him, he continued to push the point even further until finally in my calmest voice told him to get the f away from me. Then came the slinging of the homophobe slurs and how I was a gay hater, etc.... I told him I don’t care if you’re gay and I don’t dislike gays, I just don’t like you. That was the end of that conversation but I will say the look on his speechless face was priceless.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Who you date/live with/marry are people's free choice. Some women won't date short men, some men won't date very obese women. There are many other criteria most people have some level of standards for themselves that doesn't make them bad, evil or prejudice. This is society trying to guilt by compulsion, who you want to be with is a very personal choice and should never be guilted into or forced because 1 or both will end up unhappy and the relationship will end.

These people are just stupid that want to compel other people away from something so basic as who you choose to be with.

Fools & Idiots award goes to these people.
edit on 22-6-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Huh? "evolution to survive is a fact"? "political religion"?... You are making no sense. As for evolution, if the trans movement was because of "evolution" then God, or nature would have made trans people capable of changing sex naturally, and would have given trans people the ability to pro-create naturally. It hasn't. That is the fact.

posted on Jun, 22 2019 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I dont refuse to date transgender women; I just so happen to be attracted to uteruses.

See I fixed it.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join