It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology Today: People Refusing To Date Transgenders Is ‘Dehumanizing’

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
I want to date women.
Not men who became women.
Not women who want to become men.

Its not just their physical attributes or being shunned from society. There's clear mental challenges happening in the persons mind if they want to chop off their god given sexual organs and pretend to be the opposite sex.

I'm sorry,

men are born with penises and testicles
women are born with vaginas and ovaries

no politically correct is going to change nature

You don't have to do anything you don't want to do, but leave others to find their own way in life.

Unfortunately, in today's society that's what people are fighting for.
The right to do, love, feel, choose who they want based on their values and attitudes.
I don't have children if I did and found out the school was teaching them that there is no thing as boys or girls they'd be pulled out immediately.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I want to date women.
Not men who became women.
Not women who want to become men.

Its not just their physical attributes or being shunned from society. There's clear mental challenges happening in the persons mind if they want to chop off their god given sexual organs and pretend to be the opposite sex.

I'm sorry,

men are born with penises and testicles
women are born with vaginas and ovaries

no politically correct is going to change nature

You don't have to do anything you don't want to do, but leave others to find their own way in life.

Unfortunately, in today's society that's what people are fighting for.
The right to do, love, feel, choose who they want based on their values and attitudes.
I don't have children if I did and found out the school was teaching them that there is no thing as boys
girls they'd be pulled out immediately.

Exactly right...human rights.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

New stigma of a new minority? Cross-dressers have been around for decades! They are certainly not new... and neither is the stigma of being tricked into a homosexual situation. That has been an issue since I can remember, and I'm an old fart.

It sounds like you are just tossing out talking points. How about an actual answer?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

New stigma of a new minority? Cross-dressers have been around for decades! They are certainly not new... and neither is the stigma of being tricked into a homosexual situation. That has been an issue since I can remember, and I'm an old fart.

It sounds like you are just tossing out talking points. How about an actual answer?

TheRedneck

Cross-dressers are not trans people.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Really? Then what are they?

Person A is a crossdresser. He dresses up in female clothing, wears makeup to help appear female, and underneath is male.

Person B is a trans-woman. He dresses up in female clothing, wears makeup to help appear female, and underneath is male.

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Person A is a crossdresser. He dresses up in female clothing, wears makeup to help appear female, and underneath is male.

Person B is a trans-woman. He dresses up in female clothing, wears makeup to help appear female, and underneath is male.

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

TheRedneck

Person B has had surgery and is now a transwoman.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I was referring to someone who has not had the surgery. I thought my constant mention of the incorrect genitals would have made that clear.

Someone who has gone through the surgery to have a facsimile of female parts is what I refer to as a trans-woman. She is technically female. She can have a romantic encounter without arousing suspicion that she is a trans-woman, and if she doesn't announce it, the man would likely never know. If the relationship is ongoing, she needs to let the man know as soon as practical, though, simply because it might matter to her partner... preferably not when alone or especially in the act of consummating the relationship.

If someone has not gone through the surgery, the man is gonna know. That's a cross-dresser/"pretend woman."

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   

I was referring to someone who has not had the surgery. I thought my constant mention of the incorrect genitals would have made that clear.

Someone who has gone through the surgery to have a facsimile of female parts is what I refer to as a trans-woman. She is technically female. She can have a romantic encounter without arousing suspicion that she is a trans-woman, and if she doesn't announce it, the man would likely never know. If the relationship is ongoing, she needs to let the man know as soon as practical, though, simply because it might matter to her partner... preferably not when alone or especially in the act of consummating the relationship.

If someone has not gone through the surgery, the man is gonna know. That's a cross-dresser/"pretend woman."

TheRedneck

You have mentioned many things and jumped to and fro, it is hard to make sense of where you were going with this.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I'm jumping to and fro?

Tell me, if you were to find a "man" attractive and he convinced you to engage in sexual relations, and in the middle of those relations you found boobs and a lack of other equipment, would you just shrug and say "oh, well"?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I'm jumping to and fro?

Tell me, if you were to find a "man" attractive and he convinced you to engage in sexual relations, and in the middle of those relations you found boobs and a lack of other equipment, would you just shrug and say "oh, well"?

TheRedneck

I would not jump into bed that quickly and would have found out all that information beforehand. So, there's a tip for you.

posted on Jun, 24 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What, you go around grabbing men's crotches before talking to them?

How exactly would you find out?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:03 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm not sure anyone is defending those types of actions though.

But in real world terms anyone who goes out on the lash and ends the night with a knee trembler behind the back of the pub with a 'girl' they've only just met is running several risks.

Doesn't make it right or correct though.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: fastzombie

I would hope no one is defending those types of actions. That's why I keep bringing it up; I'm honestly not sure they're not.

My position is pretty simple: live and let live. If someone wants to pretend to be a different gender, hey, go for it. I don't care. Whatever cranks your tractor. If someone wants to mutilate themselves into the opposite gender, not my business; have fun. Just remember that actions have consequences, and you are whatever gender is indicated by what's in your nether regions, not what kind of clothes and makeup you wear, and not everyone wants to participate.

That goes for pretty much anything one can think of, with the sole exception of pedophilia (mainly because it involves hurting kids and is not consenting adults). In my travels around the 'net, I have stumbled across some pretty wild and crazy websites... my response is always the same: hit the back button (or maybe close the tab because it's faster and... yuck!). That's all that is needed; I might consider these folks touched in the head, but it's not my life and not my thing.

That used to be a pretty liberal attitude, but today it seems insufficient. I'm not even sure what some people are arguing for any more. How hard is it to say what you did, that one aspect is wrong and needs to stop, even if the fetish itself is not an issue? Apparently pretty hard, because you're the first person I have heard indicate that.

And I thank you for that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Person B has had surgery and is now a man with a mutilated penis.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

See this is bull crap now.

I don't know about Woman.

But most heterosexual Men i ken are never going to be up for sticking their tackle in something that used to be a Penis.

And attempting to tell us otherwise, or that we are somehow wrong, is just not going to cut the mustard.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Bull, trans people know very well that heterosexuals programmed into sexualized

"programmed"?

You guys are absolutely whackadoo

You do know people can have a sexual preference right?

Were attracted to who were attracted to, doesnt have anything to do with programming..........

If that were the case does that mean that gay people are "programmed" to like their own sex?

You guys really need to decide which hill to die on because youre making yourself look foolish waffling back and forth......you cant have it both ways, either people are born one way or they arent......

Freaking clown world...........

And freaking clown post from you...it has nothing to do with attraction in this study because the respondents were not in front of the person to whom the dating question referred to. Even if they were and they were attracted to the transgender person, what the study outlines is that the lack of understanding and fear clicks in.

"The most common reason for being unwilling to consider dating transgender or non-binary people was that participants felt that they lacked information and understanding of what precisely these kinds of identities mean within the context of dating," the authors continue. "For example, many simply stated that they had never really considered the question before and were unsure of what it would mean to be in a relationship with a transgender or non-binary individual. Other reasons, however, were less about lacking information, and more about a strong dislike for trans people."

And a non-sequitur from you. I don't need to be confronted with any particular "transgender", any more than I need to be confronted with any particular man, to know that I'm not attracted to either, especially on the rational level when it comes to questions of the end-goal of "dating" in marriage and producing and rearing children.
edit on 25-6-2019 by Theosist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   
The idiots who write the kind of crap the OP is talking about are speaking to a tiny minority of equally stupid people.
It does become harder to ignore, of course, when Google and the like start pushing this weird agenda, but switching to a real search engine works there too.

edit on 25/6/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:27 AM
link   

WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

TheRedneck

Person B has had surgery and is now a transwoman.

I'd say person B is a man who had his penis cut off, who dresses as a woman.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Saiker

Evolution is a fact...

Goes on to defend people mutilating their genitals and people putting baby sauce up other mens bums.

I also noticed you told someone else they refuse to "see things the way they are". It's actually how I saw your other gem about accepting evolution and then going on to defend trans and homosexual behaviour.

That person you arguing with sees a penis and man lights up in their head. Vagina = woman. We aren't the crazy ones. I promise you. Accept evolution and it's wrong. Accept religion and it's wrong.

I had pulled myself from this conversation but after seeing you tell someone else they refuse to see things the way they are...

Really?

This can't be real life.

So going off your deductions of this only happening or not being a problem because of overpopulation or there are enough people. If we enclose bunnies and give them everything they need but just make sure things are getting cramped we can expect the same behaviours we are seeing now? Just over a massive amount of time?

I saw the mouse experiments, yeah they stop breeding. Some starting humping the other male mice so i mean you get a point there. There were the beautiful ones also. I can't remember the trans traits showing up though, all mice still had their most important organs for evolution in working order. They had just lost the will to breed and the one doctor said he had felt they had lost their social structure. Was just guessing from all sides. Unfortunately the animals couldn't explain anything.

I will have to go rewatch and keep my eye out for the trans link though. Now that I have a new perspective to watch it from.

But seriously you told someone else "Refusing to see things as they really are".

Lettuce just be cereal for a few moments here please.

posted on Jun, 25 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I'm not buying this at all. 1000 people is a tiny sample size, and people should date whoever they want to date or feel attracted to. Anybody that actually thinks it's transphobic to not want to date a trans person is insane. People date who they are attracted to, if you are not attracted you aren't attracted. It's like calling somebody homophobic because they wouldn't date somebody of the same sex. This just sounds like fear pandering. I doubt any significant amount of people actually think like that.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join