It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Psychology Today: People Refusing To Date Transgenders Is ‘Dehumanizing’

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

So in order to treat someone with respect and dignity, I now have to have sex with them?!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I should have been more clear, treating others with respect and dignity does not mean you accept them for what they claim to be or prove themselves to be, but rather you don't go out of your way to make their life miserable. A society that has no constructs is not a society at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Yes, this is just a new (albeit more frightening) take on the ugly/fat girl complaining that no one is attracted to her. These people take it further, they think you should be forced to.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I'm a man, who would only want to date a real woman. That's my personal preference. I am not attracted to men. At all.

A transgender person feels bad because I only want to date a "real" woman, instead of a man dressed up as a woman.

And then, that blame is now centered on me, because, I simply don't want to date a man.

This society has completely gone off the deep end.

Fred..

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So in order to treat someone with respect and dignity, I now have to have sex with them?!

What the...?

If you don't know how to treat someone with respect and dignity then I can't help you.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dfairlite

I should have been more clear, treating others with respect and dignity does not mean you accept them for what they claim to be or prove themselves to be, but rather you don't go out of your way to make their life miserable. A society that has no constructs is not a society at all.

A society with limited and stereotypical constructs is not an inclusive society at all.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: fastzombie
a reply to: All Seeing Eye

Homosexuality is no longer considered a disorder.

www.apa.org...

That all depends on the "Eye" of the beholder! No one asked me to vote. In fact, I don't know anyone who voted to remove it from the Catalogue. But what do I know? I know where it belongs, and where it doesn't!

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Nor does it need to be. You're not going to get me to argue that inclusiveness should be a goal. I'm all about exclusiveness. In fact, the world runs on it. A society should attempt to exclude any who don't share their values.
edit on 23-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

What the...?

If you don't know how to treat someone with respect and dignity then I can't help you.

This whole thread is about how if I refuse to date a transgender person, I am dehumanizing them. Essentially, if I am not attracted to or want to have sex with transgender people, I am not treating them with respect and dignity because I am dehumanizing them. You cannot treat someone you just dehumanized with respect and dignity.

Get it?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:41 PM
link   

A society with limited and stereotypical constructs is not an inclusive society at all.

In other words, you *do* think everyone should be made to have sex with transgender people if those people want it or else we should be shamed for not being inclusive.

Make up your mind.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Nor does it need to be. You're not going to get me to argue that inclusiveness should be a goal. I'm all about exclusiveness. In fact, the world runs on it. A society should attempt to exclude any who don't share their values.

Do you mean like Rosa Parks, Malcolm X, Emmeline Pankhurst, etc.?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:44 PM
link   

In other words, you *do* think everyone should be made to have sex with transgender people if those people want it or else we should be shamed for not being inclusive.

Make up your mind.

Twisting people's words much? I'd say so.

Not worth a reply.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What the...?

This whole thread is about how if I refuse to date a transgender person, I am dehumanizing them. Essentially, if I am not attracted to or want to have sex with transgender people, I am not treating them with respect and dignity because I am dehumanizing them. You cannot treat someone you just dehumanized with respect and dignity.

Get it?

Are you not able to refuse anybody who asks for a date now with dignity and respect?

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:46 PM
link   

No, like John Willis Ellis and Thomas Fletcher.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:48 PM
link   

No, like John Willis Ellis and Thomas Fletcher.

You get my point.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Yes, and you missed mine.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Yes, and you missed mine.

No, I understand your point perfectly, hence my reply.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What the...?

Get it?

Are you not able to refuse anybody who asks for a date now with dignity and respect?

According to these psychologists, it isn't about how nicely I turn them down. It's about turning them down at all. They feel dehumanized by being turned down. I can't turn them down with any degree of dignity and respect or else I dehumanize them. Ergo, I must date them/have sex with them in order to meet your standards.

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yeah, I don't think you did. Your reply makes no sense in that light. My point was: societies values were freedom for all. Not some based on their skin color or sex. Transgenders are not being denied the right to vote. They're not being denied any right afforded to any other person in this country. To compare the LGBT "movement" to civil rights is absurdity to the maximum. Especially in a thread where they're claiming that not wanting to date them is dehumanizing.
edit on 23-6-2019 by Dfairlite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2019 @ 01:10 PM
link   

What the...?

Get it?

Dignity and Respect?

It breaks down like this. If you know I'm normal (Normy), then why on earth are you disrespecting me by asking me to consider taking part in your genetic disorder. Don't disrespect me, in the first place, and I won't end up hurting your feelings. Its real simple.

And yes, I believe it is a disorder of the genetic code. Our code is filled with mistakes!

Now, if you want to keep your preference (genetic disposition) to yourself, great. I know someone like that now. We socialize with him at family events. He keeps his private business, 'private, AS IT SHOULD BE! He is respected for the person he is, NOT FOR BEING Different ..

Jan. 28, 2005 - The genes a man gets from his mother and father may play an important role in determining whether he is gay or not, according to a new study likely to reignite the "gay gene" debate.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join