It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MQ-4C shot down by Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Iran says it's 'completely ready for war' after US official confirms it shot down American drone

In a major provocation, Iran shot down an unarmed and unmanned U.S. Navy MQ-4C Triton drone while it was flying in international airspace over the Strait of Hormuz Thursday, a U.S. official told ABC News.

abcnews.go.com...

TWZ says it was not an MQ-4C but the RQ-4N BAMS-D (Broad Area Maritime Surveillance-Demonstrator) aircraft. Apparently shot down by an SA-11 knockoff.

some #up

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:18 AM
link   
If they shot it down in international airspace, isn't that basically an act of war? Did Iran just give everyone the perfect excuse to light them up?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: mightmight

How embarrassing for the United States.

Yet...yet I do not hear POTUS talking tough anymore.

How odd.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Of course it's an act of war. Add it to all the others.

The US cant prove it was shot down in international airspace. At least not convincingly enough for it to matter.
And its just a drone. Nobody got hurt.
Trump already said he doesn't want a war over a couple of tanker getting hi a couple of days ago. He wont strike Iran over some surveillance drone. These things just happen.

The more interesting question is what they are smoking at the Pentagon to fly MQ-4s in range of Iranian SAMs.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Let us say, for a second, that it was shot down in international airspace. Let us say, for a second, that it is indeed viewed as "an act of war".

What would you have the United States do? Start a giant war over the the shooting down of a drone? What proportional retaliation could be used here? Last I heard, *only* a thousand extra troops were to be "deployed to the Middle East" (where exactly? ME is a big place).

What sort of retaliatory action would be justified in response to the shooting down of this drone? O honestly do not think the US public or the global public for that matter would agree with hugely disproportional retaliation like starting a war over the downing of a drone...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 05:41 AM
link   

If you look at a military map, you will clearly see that it would *appear* that the United States is the general "aggressor". Dozens of military bases essentially in surrounding nations near Iran and US warships and the odd carrier always prancing around in the nearby Gulf.

I'm not necessarily taking sides here, just being an objective aloof observer. However, that being said, no US retaliation would get my support just yet, even with the alleged downing of a US drone.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Even though they are taking responsibility for this one (to brag), it cant be the case I've been informed by quite a few members that they only implore logic. It had to be the US, or are we going by the rationale that America lies and they dont, this time.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I think Iran has two groups fighting for control, and we just aren't being told about it. One doesn't want war with us and would probably love to be our ally. The other wants armageddon so they can be taken to Allah.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
If they shot it down in international airspace, isn't that basically an act of war? Did Iran just give everyone the perfect excuse to light them up?

No. Where was the drone flying when it was shot down. The US has to stop provoking Iran for the purpose of war.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 06:54 AM
link   
think that trump will reply to Iran aggressive action ...but in a limited small hit....and tell Iran don't exclat this or we will too

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: danbuter

The latter is what we should fear the most.

Remember back in the Noughties when we have Ahmadinejad spouting madness and essentially calling for Israel to be "wiped off the face of the Earth"?

Nothing more disconcerting than religious nutbags with weapons of mass destruction.

At least with North Korea, we know they just sabre-rattle to bargain and get some cash and food etc

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I read the other day the USA just added hypersonic missles to the B-2 bomber

maybe we will be able to see how well they work.

The drone was not stealthy at all, I doubt they would fly it over Iran, this drone doesn't need to get that close.

the American bases crap, we cannot put bases where ever we want, we have to have the host countries permission, but thanks for the disinfo, it's very telling.

Iran is being aggressive, not the USA, we have not shot at any Iranian assets, yet this is the second drone shot down from Iran in a month. they lost oil wells the last time, maybe this time it will be a bit closer, and more expensive. ( like some new russian hardware?)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

In 1988 the US sailed a Navy ship into Iran waters and shot down an Iran commercial airliner. Our response was "your fault for flying a commercial airplane near our war ship".

Pretty high percentage that it was in their air space on a spy mission. Don't worry, war is coming.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

If they shot it down in international airspace,.....

Which no-one knows for sure yet.

.... isn't that basically an act of war?

So shooting down an unmanned drone is 'an act of war'?

No-one died.
Only harm done is a perceived loss of pride.

Did Iran just give everyone the perfect excuse to light them up?

Why would Iran be so stupid to do something like that?

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:58 AM
link   

I consider it war if there is a loss of human life that was intentional and one life loss is also not a pretext to war. We would have already gone to war with North Korea over the prisoner that died...drones are expendable...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: danbuter
I think Iran has two groups fighting for control, and we just aren't being told about it. One doesn't want war with us and would probably love to be our ally. The other wants armageddon so they can be taken to Allah.
I've long suspected this myself.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Yeesh. Now we have the left actively rooting for war. Do you people ever use any shred of your common sense? Oh wait...you dont have any.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

There are many factions vying for power and influence in Iran.
Iranian society and politics is far from being as one dimensional as many believe.

As posted here; www.abovetopsecret.com... I hope to start a thread in the next few days on this topic.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

So shooting down an unmanned drone is 'an act of war'?

No-one died.
Only harm done is a perceived loss of pride.

Shooting down any aircraft in international airspace can be considered an act of war. It doesn't matter if it's unarmed or not.

Why would Iran be so stupid to do something like that?

Because the IRGC is betting no one will do anything, and it gives them a boost in their control inside Iran.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: thedigirati

It was the B-52 and it's far from being operational. That was the first captive carry flight.

<<   2  3 >>

join