It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran claims to have downed a US UAV

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
But he also said, when ask what they will do, "You'll find out".

When pressed again, he responds, "You'll find out".

This isn't over, but I would like to see some consequences directed toward Iran.

In all honesty, I would have supported a strike agaisnt the very site that shot it down, as a message that we aren't the Obama Admin, but the Trump Administration. You can't stump the Trump.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

I wouldn't be surprised to see a limited strike against several antiair sites around that area.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Arnie123

I wouldn't be surprised to see a limited strike against several antiair sites around that area.

I wish the "OMG another Iraq!" crowd understood this was an option. There is a lot of middle ground between doing nothing and a full-on invasion.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Trump is backing down from his stance because the drone may have infringed in their airspace maybe the telemetry are handled by contractors not the navy.

I'm 100% sure after Iran "attacked" 3 ships and # a drone, the US would have pounced immediately.

The smoke screens are thinning out
edit on 20-6-2019 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Think again. Operation Praying Mantis took place four days after a US warship was damaged by a mine, and several other ships in the area were damaged. It escalated pretty quickly, but was backed down just as fast.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Gut it.

So what what about the design. It's not like its "floor plan" is any mystery.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
It could have been shot at in international airspace and fell from height into Iranian airspace

Hence the narrative can be twisted against him. I think he’s playing it cool and being rather smart.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
I wish the "OMG another Iraq!" crowd understood this was an option. There is a lot of middle ground between doing nothing and a full-on invasion.

Oh Its well understood. The question is can this Bolton led administration keep it at that? The Bolton crowd thinks we can go in and effect regime change in Iran and its going to be a disaster that will make Iraq look like an oooooopsie

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

why would we "pounce" we didn't own those 3 ships, if it were 3 US ships, yeah we would pounce.

Do you always spew this kind of crap?

we lost a Drone, Trump doesn't want war.

Why do you want war??

we know you hate Trump.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My money is on a cyber response

a reply to: Zaphod58

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Look, It is highly unlikely that the US would fly a strategic asset over Iranian airspace. The RQ-4 family is not a stealth aircraft thus would not be risked in such a fashion even to draw out Iranian radar systems etc.

I have been skeptical of the limpit mine claims, but unless Iran can produce proof that the Hawk was over their territory, it sure looks like they took it out over international waters using according to them their RAAD medium range system

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: FredT

originally posted by: face23785

Oh Its well understood. The question is can this Bolton led administration keep it at that? The Bolton crowd thinks we can go in and effect regime change in Iran and its going to be a disaster that will make Iraq look like an oooooopsie

If Bolton was leading we'd have hit Iran already.

Look, It is highly unlikely that the US would fly a strategic asset over Iranian airspace. The RQ-4 family is not a stealth aircraft thus would not be risked in such a fashion even to draw out Iranian radar systems etc.

I have been skeptical of the limpit mine claims, but unless Iran can produce proof that the Hawk was over their territory, it sure looks like they took it out over international waters using according to them their RAAD medium range system

Correct. And for the Iran apologists who will next ask "Why would they do that? They have nothing to gain." Zaph already addressed that. They're used to us being impotent. They can do things like this and we don't respond, and they get the notoriety of having stood up to us. How many hundred US servicemen were killed and wounded in Iraq with Iranian-supplied IEDs and we did nothing? If we didn't respond when they were killing our people, why would we respond when they just shoot down a drone? They're betting Trump is just like the other empty suits they've been dealing with in the oval office.
edit on 20 6 19 by face23785 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: Dfairlite
a reply to: Village Idiot

The proper response to an airspace violation like this is to alert the operator and give them a short time frame to remove it. But you do you

The proper response is to make sure they don't violate airspace again.

You all think an American drone was just minding its own businesses and Iran shot it down because they like the heat of American war machines closing on them...

Americans will believe anything... All sides.

Consider that the Iranians did shoot it down in international airspace? Consider that they regard it as an easy propaganda shot and that they were just waiting for the right target to get the result.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: blackbird9393
My money is on a cyber response

a reply to: Zaphod58

Mmm, centrifuges, huh? Stuxnet was the first of its kind.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Trump is backing down from his stance because the drone may have infringed in their airspace maybe the telemetry are handled by contractors not the navy.

I'm 100% sure after Iran "attacked" 3 ships and # a drone, the US would have pounced immediately.

You don't know what you're talking about, sit down.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

You don't know what you're talking about, sit down.

He's a known Iran apologist and hates America. Don't mind him.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Yep. Iran , regardless of their policies , is one of the last countries not involved in the NWO /globalist agenda. North Korea coincidentally is another one. The USA can war with any country at this point and the sheep won't ever question it, much less protest against it.
The apocalypse is now inevitable

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Update

US drone: Trump says Iran made a 'very bad mistake' www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Someone just told me they were listening to Fox News in a waiting room, and the Global Hawk cost $2B each, and is the size of a 747. God I love the media.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Consider the possibility of them doing this on purpose as a form of Bait to instigate war. I put nothing past this corrupt country

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join