It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Texas Ponders lenient Pot Laws to Save Prison Space

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Do I get a sense that most Americans will start checking out real estate in Texas?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Sounds good to me but maybe possesion of less than 8oz be fined and more be an arrestable offense. Way too much time, money, and wasted prison space is wasted on pot possesion. It sure sounds like a step in the right direction to me.

You do realize 8oz is a half pound. That is alot of weed, and no one consumer of this plant will every have that much on them, unless they grow thier own of course and that brings up a whole host of other issues.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
You do realize 8oz is a half pound. That is alot of weed, and no one consumer of this plant will every have that much on them, unless they grow thier own of course and that brings up a whole host of other issues.

Unless they grow their own, or they deal...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia

Unless they grow their own, or they deal...

Yeah I said that already... left out the dealer part though.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Yeah I said that already... left out the dealer part though.

I know

I just added on the growing part, sounds better.

I think 8oz is a bit too much lenience for their purposes, though. It would allow a lot of dealers to get very little punishment if caught and that doesn't seem to be the purpose behind this.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Of course I realize its half a pound, and it really is not that much unless it is some premium buds. Many people like to use pot for cooking, i.e. dank brownies, and it takes a few ounces to make a good batch. A half pound of sugar is nothing and I feel the same about marijuana.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Of course I realize its half a pound, and it really is not that much unless it is some premium buds. Many people like to use pot for cooking, i.e. dank brownies, and it takes a few ounces to make a good batch. A half pound of sugar is nothing and I feel the same about marijuana.

Well if you are cooking with it, then that is different. I just do not know how to make the distinction in this program that Texas wants to create. Seems like it could create some legal issues is just what I'm saying.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Also I do think high potency pot possesion should result in more of a crime since it is at least 4 times more potent than the "dirt weed." Up to 2oz of premium weed and 1/2 lb of low grade weed really is not unreasonable.

The low end of the weed is the brown dirt weed, then the somewhat green stuff with seeds, and at the top end is the green stuff covered with crystals without any seeds, hence sinsemilla.

[edit on 3-3-2005 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Also I do think high potency pot possesion should result in more of a crime since it is at least 4 times more potent than the "dirt weed." Up to 2oz of premium weed and 1/2 lb of low grade weed really is not unreasonable.

The low end of the weed is the brown dirt weed, then the somewhat green stuff with seeds, and at the top end is the green stuff covered with crystals without any seeds, hence sinsemilla.

But how would they put this into legistlation and thusly educate the police on what to do and what not to do and how to test etc etc. How are they gonna test for potency? Smoke it? You cannot tell by just looking and smelling. If a device is invented to test the THC content on the spot then yes it would be a very good idea as Weed when used in food is very good for you.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:46 PM
link   

You cannot tell by just looking and smelling. If a device is invented to test the THC content on the spot then yes it would be a very good idea as Weed when used in food is very good for you.

Yes you can, it is very easy for anyone who has experienced many crops of the plant, and all it would take it 1 trained person at a police station to do this. And there are ways to test the amount of THC, all you do is weigh out a set amount, grind it up and put into a solution that will extract the THC, among other ways though those process may be costly.

edit: how to who

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join