It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AOC: The U.S. is 'running concentration camps on our southern border'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:44 AM
link   
As we all slide down this slippery slope that is the new Democrat Party, and the pressure within it to move farther and farther left...we increasingly see this inclination, from its leading "thinkers" and spokespeople, to use extremely provocative language to describe those they disagree with.

It is no longer sufficient...or efficient perhaps...to say that those leaning left have different views and opinions than those tilted right. The Right, due to their differing opinions (and thus actions) are deplorable, many kinds of "ist" - just plain evil, full stop. And if you agree with anything they say or do, you are evil too.

To emphasize this the Left, more and more, trots out the most extreme analogous-to-language it can spout...KKK, Nazi, Fascist, etc.

Enter (or continue with) Alexandria Ocasio Cortez:

She told her followers she wants to talk to people "who are concerned enough with humanity to say that 'never again' means something."

"The fact that concentrations camps are now an institutionalized practice in the Home of the Free is extraordinarily disturbing and we need to do something about it."

And there's more...

The New York representative insisted that "we are losing to an authoritarian and fascist presidency."

"I don't use those words lightly," Ocasio-Cortez continued. "I don't use those words to just throw bombs. I use that word because that is what an administration that creates concentration camps is. A presidency that creates concentration camps is fascist and it's very difficult to say that."

No, I think it is very easy...lazy in fact...for you to say that. It would be far too much work (and would have far less shock value) to take the time to get into the nuances of the illegal immigrant crisis along the U.S. Southern border, and the steps that are being taken in an attempt to deal with the human tide that is flowing into the United States.

Just call the President a fascist, and his administration authoritarian, no more argumentation required!

Just for fun though, what is the definition of a "concentration camp"?

According to Google:

"A place where large numbers of people, especially political prisoners or members of persecuted minorities, are deliberately imprisoned in a relatively small area with inadequate facilities, sometimes to provide forced labor or to await mass execution. The term is most strongly associated with the several hundred camps established by the Nazis in Germany and occupied Europe in 1933–45, among the most infamous being Dachau, Belsen, and Auschwitz."

Really AOC...Trump is going out into the population, rounding up minorities and political opponents and holding them in camps...pending their execution or being used for slave labour?

Seems to me, more accurately, that these illegal aliens are delivering themselves to the United States and (in very many cases) offering themselves up for arrest...so they can begin their fake asylum claims. They are then given medical care, temporary shelter - and then plane or bus tickets to elsewhere in the United States. Oh, the horror!

And just what is fascism anyway...since Trump is apparently one of that number:

"A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, a capitalist economy subject to stringent governmental controls, violent suppression of the opposition, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism."

Trump is a dictator? Um, no...can't do just about anything without being challenged in the courts, or at the very least lambasted long and hard by the Dems and the MSM. How many dictators do you know that would allow his political opponents to conduct a two year investigation into his election campaign - and now into everything he has ever done in his life?

Stringent government controls? Hardly...in fact one of the main features of the Trump Presidency so far has been to deregulate, reduce red tape and to reduce tax burdens.

Violent suppression of opponents? Tweets are not billy clubs or machine guns. Last time I checked Hillary was still wandering around the country whining about losing in 2016...none of her supporters had been arrested or jailed. On the other hand, Trump's Campaign Manager, his National Security Advisor, his long-time personal lawyer, and a few of his other lower-level supporters are all breaking rocks (or about to be).

Donald, have to say that you are maybe the worst fascist dictator in history - you're just no good at it!

AOC Engaged in Hyperbole
edit on 18-6-2019 by mobiusmale because: typo

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   
How many US citizens are being held in these so called concentration camps?

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
How many US citizens are being held in these so called concentration camps?

Bingo!

I keep saying that Cortez isn’t stupid, she’s dangerous.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

"Sublimecraft: The Democrats are running guns, drugs & illegal aliens through the southern border"

Horses for courses there for little Ms Hitler.......

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:14 AM
link   
AOC is a horses a**.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'm always embarrassed and angered when they throw around labels like Nazi, concentration camps etc... If I was a Holocaust survivor I would be beyond mad and calling them out on their BS. How people even listen to or believe this crap is appalling. In school we all learned about the Holocaust atrocities. You can do a quick search and see the pure evil that was inflicted on millions. To even imply that anything like that is going on is sickening. I can't believe they have continued to get away with it.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
I'm sure the Jewish community appreciates this comparison, seeing as how we all know from history that Germany maintained a naturalization process that would legally allow anyone in their concentration camps to legitimately become a Nazi citizen.

Just like how we do it now, in the case AOC is referring to, with our modern concentration camps. You know, because they can... If they want to go through due legal process. Totally an option for anyone in a Nazi era concentration camp, exactly the same.

Spot on AOC.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
0bamy had them built...

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Cortez isn’t stupid, she’s dangerous

Spot on. Many OPS here try to laugh her off as if she will just go away on her own. Me thinks that many here on this site support her and her cause so they write that stuff suggesting to ignore her. Just like Neville Chamberlain. Nah, she and her group are part of the 4th Reich aka Deep State.

Neville Chamberlain was the British prime minister as Great Britain entered World War II. He is known for his policy of "appeasement" toward Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

For an Archivist you sure spun and twisted history here. Totally different situation and in my opine both of you are engaged to overthrow a sovereign nation.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   
She's batst crazy.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZenTam
I'm always embarrassed and angered when they throw around labels like Nazi, concentration camps etc... If I was a Holocaust survivor I would be beyond mad and calling them out on their BS. How people even listen to or believe this crap is appalling. In school we all learned about the Holocaust atrocities. You can do a quick search and see the pure evil that was inflicted on millions. To even imply that anything like that is going on is sickening. I can't believe they have continued to get away with it.

Yep, always pisses me off too. The dum-dums using words like nazi and concentration camp in today’s times usually don’t have a clue what those comments entail. For me it stands for pure evil of the worst kind. AOC is a clueless and pathetic waste of good air. People keep saying she’s not dumb but I’m just not seeing anything from her that resembles smart whatsoever.

Maybe she really thinks they’re down there concentrating? IDK

edit on 18-6-2019 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I know AOC. I know her gamesmanship and what's in her sick, twisted and evil mind and I know how she thinks. She said and used the word "concentration" camps. She will roll with that "hot" word until she gets into a jam and then she will spin it around and claim that's not what she meant and that all of you with perverted minds reported out concentration camps as in the kind that the Fascists used to house the Jews during WWII. I will go back and read the transcripts but in what you have reported out, I do not believe that she mentions anything about Jews. That's the hook.

No, in her mind those people in those camps are "concentrating" and having deep thought. They are sitting around thinking about themselves, family and the the world. Just like the Greek Goddess Metis.

Metis (/ˈmiːtɪs/; Greek: Μῆτις - "wisdom," "skill," or "craft"), in ancient Greek religion, was a mythical Titaness belonging to the second generation of Titans. By the era of Greek philosophy in the 5th century BC, Metis had become the mother of wisdom and deep thought, but her name originally connoted "magical cunning" and was as easily equated with the trickster powers of Prometheus as with the "royal metis" of Zeus.[1] The Stoic commentators allegorised Metis as the embodiment of "prudence", "wisdom" or "wise counsel", in which form she was inherited by the Renaissance.[2]

Shes already played that game with several other Congressmen, then she mocks them. What kind of person is that? In my opine she an Adult Child.

One could suggest that its Connotation Gamesmanship 101

edit on 18-6-2019 by Waterglass because: added

edit on 18-6-2019 by Waterglass because: typos

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Now i have no axe to grind in this particular fight but this AOC character does seem to come out with an awful lot of drivel (and, in fairness, the occasional nugget). Concentration camps certainly seems to be firmly in the drivel camp though.

You have to ask exactly what she hoped to achieve with such a statement that can easily be disproved?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

Therein lies the problem.
The people who listen to her are the ones who should be looking into it. But they won't, they'll just blindly believe whatever she says.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Democrats are continually coming out with more ridiculous statements than the previous day, probably just to get news air time and keep their name out there.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

They're just concentrating kids in camps, right? No ZyklonB, hence the term can' be applied. Same with fascism. No El Duce, no Nazis with Swastikas, hence the term can't be applied.

But. Still. Concentration camps without gas-chambers and fascism in the land of the free, home of the brave. It's a solid provocation for the political theater, detain a minor or two? And don't forget to have some fun with those WMD's in Iran!

Newsflash:
She did not call it a genocide (yet) and the Nazis had lotta German citizens in their concentration camps as well.

edit on 18-6-2019 by PublicOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn
a reply to: Flavian

Therein lies the problem.
The people who listen to her are the ones who should be looking into it. But they won't, they'll just blindly believe whatever she says.

That is actually quite sad. If it was my nation, that is the sort of claim that i would be checking, whichever side of the political divide i sat on. I can't imagine any American, whether Republican or Democrat, would advocate for concentration camps - particularly on US soil.

I take it this AOC is a young politican? Part of the social media generation? I'm only asking because i see social media as part of the problem these days. People are so used to saying whatever they feel like and then walking away from it and on to the next thing that many don't seem to consider what it is that they are ACTUALLY saying in the first place.......meaning all sorts of s#!* is posted all over the internet.........

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I like AOC, I think she's great!

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

I like AOC, I think she's great!

We know you do. This is why no one takes your asinine posts seriously.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join