It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dentists Plix

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   
So was at the dentist today and had a tooth pulled.

My rant is -

Why do these a-holes charge so much $ for a extraction, the procese is clearly still stuck in the stoneage - let's face it apart from the anesthetic (thankfully) the process involves holding your head down grabbing a pair of bloody improvised pliers and ripping the thing out of your jaw caveman style.

Then if that's not bad enough they send you on your way with a massive open wound in your mouth that disables the ability to eat properly for 10 days or so apparently.

Why hasn't this so called profession evolved past these barbaric practices -this is 2019 after all isn't it.

So anyone got any horror stories about their experiences that can help me feel abit better about these clearly overrated plix (thats my chinese pricks).

Or am i just feeling sorry for myself and my bank account.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Because dentists, "doctors like Dr Pepper is a doctor" are the biggest rip off in the medical industry next to cancer treatment.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:18 AM
link   

They're was a poster on here who reported on doing his own dentistry including using adhesive to glue his tooth back in, you should talk to him.

edit on 18-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Pliers hmmm?

Luxury.

They couldn't grab one of my wisdom teeth so they dug it out with what looked like a miniature crow bar!

Took a long time. Thanks for the memory... I think?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

They're was a poster on here who reported on doing his own dentistry including using adhesive to glue his tooth back in, you should talk to him.

That's different.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tulpa

Pliers hmmm?

Luxury.

They couldn't grab one of my wisdom teeth so they dug it out with what looked like a miniature crow bar!

Took a long time. Thanks for the memory... I think?

Yes sorry about that- the memory.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Because doctor.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I had one out a fortnight ago. The dentist (a woman, is that relative) went at me with an electrical screwdriver for 5 minutes before the pliers. The hole still hurts now. But best out.

new topics

top topics

join