It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump says U.S. agency will begin removing millions of illegal immigrants

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: mtnshredder

But I can't make money in capitalism because too many people do what I do is basically entitled thought under conservative philosophy.

That’s absolute nonsense. With a very few exceptions, flood any market with that particular labor pool and wages in general go down, that’s just common sense and fact.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: mtnshredder

Yup like when the Irish came and took over people hated them...

In capitalism you aren't guaranteed a wage...complain about automation while your at it. Same arguement.

But yes we could debate the real topic should people who work hard be guaranteed a certain livable wage..I tend to reject that but am willing to listen and consider. It is a tough one

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

I mean the employers are donors right?

Precisely! Republicans have long done the "wink-wink" at the open borders doctrine because it enriches their business buddies while Democrats do the same thing because it brings them more voters and other reasons to numerous to mention.

That's pretty much the gist of my entire response. Get over it, mass migration into the US via open borders is going to happen like it or not. The secret is to figure out how to avoid the worst of the consequences of this debacle. Although that escape won't last for very long! Minnesota is the prime example of what happens in the end.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Reality: Won't happen.

He's just doing what he does, and riling up his redneck base on Twitter. Most of his tweets never come to fruition.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I am curious about how the feds would go about "rounding up" illegals.

They cannot just knock on doors without a warrant.

I think since the Warren court's day, you don't have a responsibility to carry papers on your person in public

I don't think having a rockin' tan will work as probable cause.

In most of the southwest, a Spanish accent is commonplace, even among US citizen-grandchildren of immigrants, who speak with a Spanish accent but don't actually know any Spanish!

It would be a huge step in the right direction if ICE would take biometric face photos of asylum applicants and all visa holders. Then facial recognition software could spot the ones in public who have overstayed their visas or other legal processes. Since large numbers of illegals from outside of Mexico gain entry by those methods, it would greatly curtail those two avenues of illicit entry.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I have a harsh response. Which is serious consideration of force against cartels if pressure and working with Mexico is not an option. Make Mexico Safe Again. Where it was just tropical disease and the occasional bandit. Try and do something with drug addiction and legal access while having more real trearment to reduce their money flow.

Make a deal to help replace with tourism in exchange for some security training and support and maybe get an island or somwthing or a portion of the proceess

Even making deals to enter real businesses with cartel members could be on the table for the greater good. Get out of drugging america we wont do a thing about legal businesses you have with the money you made..

edit on 18-6-2019 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You know treatment really isn't successful, right? Most treatment facilities have a success rate below 20%.

Treatment houses are the best places to find a dealer. The program manager tries to get you to reduce your daily intake till you can go cold turkey. You're having a really bad day, and a dude named Silky from your encounter group can get you through the day, "just this once, until you even out...." This goes on for weeks, and you may even "graduate" from the program as a "success." But you'll be back.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

I have experience with recovery and a business partner I had. It surely is not something you can just throw money at and hire beurocrats. Switzerland however and Portugal are having some success allowing people to manage addiction in a way that doesnt swing them out of control. They have realized doping is doping. If you are going to zoloft or pill someone else may as well monitor and try and mitigate other drugs that may be controllable...its a dark area but it is worth debate.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:08 PM
link   

He is not for legal visas. He wants the number to be lower for the type of labor we actually need. By the way....many many incredible people came as labor. Including I believe Tesla. Trump wants skilled professionals and less labor that would help the trades.

The types of trades you have been referencing are skilled labor. My son works in one of them; he's a lead CNC machinist. Where my daughter chose the academic route, he chose a trade... and both had my full support. And yes, if we're talking machinists, electricians, welders, there is a labor shortage because most millennials don't want to take the time to learn them. But the people coming over the border illegally aren't skilled tradesmen either... those come across on work VISAs.

You still don't seem to grasp the difference between legal and illegal immigration. I have no issue with work VISAs. None. Someone who applies for and receives a work VISA is going to make a fair competitive wage and their employer will be subject to the same labor laws with them as with an American. That's capitalism. That's freedom. But when employers can get unskilled labor for pennies on the dollar compared to what Americans make, in America, that is not fair trade, and it is crony capitalism at best... slavery at worst. Even worse than that, open borders invite the drugs and crime we have been complaining about.

Thankfully, Trump is now building his wall. A Federal judge threw out the final legal hurdle.

As for Tesla and Carnegie... they both came to the United States legally. That is a false comparison to someone sneaking across the border in the middle of the night, hoping not to get caught, but also armed with enough knowledge to claim asylum if they do. Those are ones we want to keep out, because we don't even know who they are or what they want.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:44 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl

Really seems like neither have a comprehensive plan to me. It's all based on firing up the base.

Then you haven't honestly read what Trumps Admin has put out there as to what needs to be done.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Just a small handful of bills presented on immigtation. They are not doing nothing.

Because those are BS bills full of amnesty and crap-crud.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

a reply to: tanstaafl
Lol talk is cheap. What is the plan. Is it secret?

He is not for legal visas.

Took me all of 3 seconds to google...
edit on 18-6-2019 by tanstaafl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Graysen

Best way is to target businesses.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Lagomorphe

Look at all the stars your off topic post got. I'm a celebrity around here.
Thank you for the mention.

No it's actually more like ATS is the village and you're .... well you know.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhrimanfrom what I understand about it is that it will be any and all illegals that have been adjudicated to be deported, so under the law as written. He is only enforcing the law that is on the books.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I figured this was coming the moment I heard that people waiting for asylum would be held in Mexico. The US or I guess Trump really is setting up policies like Australia. Where the people awaiting citizenship are held in other countries.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Don't have a Green Card ? Ah , Buh Bye ! .............

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Mexico and their strong immigration laws?

Yeah, I forgot, they are at day 2 of enforcing that strong law.

I hope there is something behind what Trump is saying but so far, governments don't seem to care about enforcing immigration law above some token level.

Mexico had stronger laws against non-Mexicans, and to ask for asylum the immigrants had to prove, among many things, that they would be a boon for the country.

‐ The Mexican government will bar foreigners if they upset “the equilibrium of the national demographics.” How’s that for racial and ethnic profiling?

‐ If outsiders do not enhance the country’s “economic or national interests” or are “not found to be physically or mentally healthy,” they are not welcome. Neither are those who show “contempt against national sovereignty or security.” They must not be economic burdens on society and must have clean criminal histories. Those seeking to obtain Mexican citizenship must show a birth certificate, provide a bank statement proving economic independence, pass an exam, and prove they can provide their own health care.

‐ Illegal entry into the country is equivalent to a felony punishable by two years’ imprisonment. Document fraud is subject to fine and imprisonment; so is alien marriage fraud. Evading deportation is a serious crime; illegal re-entry after deportation is punishable by ten years’ imprisonment. Foreigners may be kicked out of the country without due process and the endless bites at the litigation apple that illegal aliens are afforded in our country (see, for example, President Obama’s illegal-alien aunt — a fugitive from deportation for eight years who is awaiting a second decision on her previously rejected asylum claim).

‐ Law-enforcement officials at all levels — by national mandate — must cooperate to enforce immigration laws, including illegal-alien arrests and deportations. The Mexican military is also required to assist in immigration-enforcement operations. Native-born Mexicans are empowered to make citizens’ arrests of illegal aliens and turn them in to authorities.

www.nationalreview.com...

Even in the latest changes in the Mexican Constitution, article 32 of the Mexican Constitution states:

Article 32
"Mexicans shall have priority over foreigners under equality of circumstances for all classes of concessions and for all employment, positions, or commissions of the Government in which the status of citizenship is not indispensable." Foreigners, immigrants, and even naturalized citizens of Mexico may not serve as military officers, Mexican-flagged ship and airline crew, or chiefs of seaports and airports.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

The democrats control the house...

I bet they can stop it and this is a political ploy...

They could pass a law... but it would have to get through the Senate, and then either be signed by Trump or overridden with a 2/3 supermajority.

They could file lawsuits (which they will, and which will fail). I wonder, the next time I am arrested, can I sue the government for arresting me?

Or they could scream at the moon. Guess which one they'll do.

The House is worthless unless they are willing to work with the Senate and the President. Just controlling 1/2 of 1 out of 3 branches of government does not mean they control the government. It just means they can be a pain in everyone's side.

Go get 'em, Mr. President!

TheRedneck

Of we can have some progressive judge say that arresting people is against the Constitution and then no one can get arrested for anything.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 09:26 PM
link   
One article says ice will deport people, next article says ice drops off bus loads of illegals at bus stops?

I dont think the liberal Democrats know what they are doing by pandering to the central Americans.

Like the title of one thread....Democrats care more about illegals then citizens...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join