It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noel Gallagher hits out at Jeremy Corbyn 'Captain Fishy', Diane Abbott and Nigel Farage

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: NthOther

It's not so much the profanity, but the mentality behind his other words that i canny seem to get my head around.

You don't forget your roots in that manner.

Or if you do, i imagine you have kind of lost your identity nevermind yourself ta boot.

His 'roots'? Interesting perspective. Is that like attending a champagne reception with Tony Blair in 1997 to allow Blair to announce his 'roots'? Corbyn has been a career politician all of his 'working' life, what are his roots do you think?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

It's making someone money in all those offshore bank accounts that contain trillions, that's given.

Our Government, Westminster, and the financial institutions that surround and support such have plenty of money.

Just not in any British bank accounts.

The Tories will always profit from other peoples pain misery and strife, it exactly how they operate im afraid.

This forced Austerity is nothing a socioeconomic tool which quite frankly contributed to the Brexit debacle in the first place, well that and the immigration issues.
edit on 18-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

As to she who must not be named, well at least she going, but if her replacement is Boris, thats just out of the fat and into the frying pan really.

What's May going got to do with Diane Abbot? Surely she is the one who must not be named?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: uncommitted

No that's like growing up in Longsight, Manchester, to working-class Irish Catholic parents.

As to Corbyn, he's an arse and a politician, they all went to the same schools and have a similar silver spoon logged where the Sun don't shine.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Until we find Voldemort, there are probably quite a few that should not be named i suppose.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Seems JC did actually have a "job" at one stage, according to Wiki:

After school,[22] Corbyn worked briefly as a reporter for a local newspaper, the Newport and Market Drayton Advertiser.[23] At around the age of 19 he spent two years doing Voluntary Service Overseas in Jamaica as a youth worker and geography teacher.[24][25]

His roots appear to be as an activist. Steptoe has pent his life opposing stuff so hardly surprising that when it comes to actual solutions to problems he is hopeless.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Indeed.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

As to Corbyn, he's an arse and a politician, they all went to the same schools and have a similar silver spoon logged where the Sun don't shine.

Yes - and Corbyn got two "A" levels; both grade E's.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   

But apparently ""austerity"" is over according to some.

Yeah , that was another of May's fantasy statements which has no basis in reality.
It's worth pointing out that "austerity" is a policy handed down from Europe , Mrs Merkel's brain child.

I can understand why people are worried about leaving but don't think staying is the right solution , it's best to get out while we can before the house of cards falls.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

Seems JC did actually have a "job" at one stage, according to Wiki:

After school,[22] Corbyn worked briefly as a reporter for a local newspaper, the Newport and Market Drayton Advertiser.[23] At around the age of 19 he spent two years doing Voluntary Service Overseas in Jamaica as a youth worker and geography teacher.[24][25]

His roots appear to be as an activist. Steptoe has pent his life opposing stuff so hardly surprising that when it comes to actual solutions to problems he is hopeless.

I must confess I didn't know about the reporting stint, although I am struggling as to whether I would consider that as a 'real' job as it needed to fit in between him leaving school at 18, attending and then dropping out of university (for which he was union funded) and having an extended holiday in Jamaica teaching when he clearly had no qualifications to do so starting at the age of 19. Seems a little dubious really when you look at it like that doesn't it.
edit on 18-6-2019 by uncommitted because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 01:14 PM
link   

The Newport and Market Drayton Advertiser is now sadly no more and seems to have in one way or another become The Shropshire Star.
Headlines in the latest edition are concerns about some cows being stolen from a field near Market Drayton and a report about Bella the cat finally being rescued from a tree after three days.

Does being a tea boy on such a publication actually qualify as 'real work'?

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

It's just a preference Gortex.

If i thought Brexit would do as it says on the tin i might be up for it.

Then again in a world where we have the means and infostructure in place to transport goods and people all over the globe in a matter of hours/days i cant see the point in not trading with one of our largest clients.

The house of cards will only fall if the bankers and financial institutions wish it so, and they are all in Old London Town, always have been always will be.

posted on Jun, 18 2019 @ 05:52 PM
link   

To be honest Noel Gallagher, back in the day probably had a right good few "Es" tae.

edit on 18-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 03:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Does being a tea boy on such a publication actually qualify as 'real work'

Doubt it. That's why I put the word job in inverted commas.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Allegedly!

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Definitely maybe.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

LG is a world class bell end. Right up there with Bono and Chris Martin from Coldplay. In my opinion.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   

I'd love to have a couple of pints with Liam just to see how much of a bellend he really is, then wind him up and see if actually has got anything about him when it really comes down to it....I suspect he's all mouth etc.

I imagine Noel being rather pretentious nowadays....shame because I used to find him genuinely funny and interesting.

So many people in the music industry seem to become absolute arseholes once they've achieved some success, as you rightly point out Bono and arch-wanker Chris Martin are prefect examples of this.

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Quite a few of them had a head start on the way to being famous in the bell end stakes.

Why does no one drive Rollers into swimming pools anymore?

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The current crop of 'pop stars' and rockers aren't very Rock 'N' Roll at all and are pale imitations of their predecessors.

Where's the passion and drive gone?
Where's the spirit and the anger?
Where's the rebelliousness and shear bloody devilment?

That a bunch of fat, ageing 40, 50 and 60 year olds have far more passion and drive about them than the current crop of millennials and snowflakes is a pretty damning indictment on society in general.

I fear I digress.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join