It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trees are Good Secret Keepers - Hiking in the Forest with Trueman.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:03 PM
link   
You can't hunt in the place I went today, a nice natural reserve, lots of wildlife there. I don't carry any weapon, just my cane and a small pepper spray. Not the kind of hike most of the people like. This video shows that even without equipment, you can find interesting stuff, if you know where to look.

[snipped]
edit on Sat Jun 15 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

From a country lad who lives in a National park

It is only when you go live in a city that you miss the beauty of the wilds and feel sorry for the people who grew up in a concrete jungle

I have seen grown men cry at what i take for granted

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
From a country lad who lives in a National park
It is only when you go live in a city that you miss the beauty of the wilds and feel sorry for the people who grew up in a concrete jungle

I have seen grown men cry at what i take for granted

You can make a song with those lyrics, well said my friend

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I was working down in the New forest in England staying on a caravan park with a Liverpool lad who had never experience nature , while walking to the local pub through the trees he spotted a roe deer and near burst out crying at how beautiful it was , That shocked me as he was a nutter
and i was used to eagles in my back garden then and deer were like rabbits in my part of the world

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I know what you mean. Making my previous video, I found a hidden small forest, next to a creek with a group of deer. They were watching me detecting. They were like "WTF" with those beeps of the machine. Was so funny.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Are you wearing a scuba mask?

Neat find. I walk around the woods and lakes of middle TN. Lots of old cabins, civil war camps, and battlegrounds. People are still finding caches of valuables that were buried from that time and before. Muskets, bullets, bayonets, buckles, horse tack, and buttons are very common.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I was brought up in a family of gamekeepers , and wow the blood shed i saw when i was young and had to take part in , i pulled the bolt out of the gun at 16 and never shot anything again , some summers when the fields were being cut i had to follow the combine harvester and shoot hundreds of rabbits and gut and skin them same with deer and fish as one of my family owned a fish farm , i saw enough blood and guts to do me a life time and then some

I feed the birds every day and love nothing better than listening to the birds , best sound ever

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

LOL no scuba mask. I hook the camera on my shoulder with the harness. I detach it and grab if when I need. I don't like to hold the camera all the time.

If one day I go TN, I'll ask you for good spots.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Well, I can kill a rabbit or a deer if I really need it, but not for sport. Like the ancestors used to do.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Worst thing i saw was a pump gun to shoot ducks on a pond in England when i was 6-7 , muggins here was stupid enough to get in the boat with old pop and hide under a canopy till all the ducks settled and then this gun filled with bolts /nuts etc was fired all i saw was bits of birds go every where .

Next worst was having to cut a big stags throat with scissors when i was 17 , we hit it with a van on the road to work one morning and i was the only one man enough to put it out of its misery and all we had was scissors in the van

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Your videos are really fun Trueman ! I wonder if the Gnome house is related in any way ? Pretty neat to imagine an adult teaching their child / children the magic of the trees.
It's also pretty cool that the child in your heart finds these treasures and shares them with us !

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: MountainLaurel

Thank you

Yeah, I'm always exited about sharing my little adventuresđź‘Ť

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Wow, that is a very antique find. Dinosaurs....must be at least ten thousand years old.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Threaten to turn their seedlings into a chest of drawers and i'm sure they'd talk!

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 03:38 AM
link   

i dont mean to be snarky - but - you went for a short walk in a small copse and " found " a geocahe

maybe i am too cynical - but did you know the geocache was there before you entered the copse ???

your approach to the cut section of trunk - seemed .....................

how far is that from the road ??? - it seems transplanted - not a offcut from a felled tree in the copse

its good that you is geting out into the wild - but the vid semms a little too staged

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I just founded it the way I show in the video. Not staged al all, but I know you might think I'm too lucky. This is 10% luck and 90% hard work. It is 100% rewarding.

I spend many hours checking the maps and researching during the week, only to maximize the chances for the weekend hike and to be able to share a fun and interesting video.

For a while, I've been trying to find how to get into this area and Friday I saw in the maps a dirt road, the geocache was couple of minutes away. I wanted to go deeper on the road but I need an SUV or wait until the road is dry.

To be honest, sometimes I watch other detectorists videos that look a bit staged too, so I understand you so I gave you a star.

edit on 16-6-2019 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:15 AM
link   

There’s a book called The Hidden Life of Trees, Everyone should read!

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: surfer_soul

That is a book I think I should read. I'll get it now. Thank you

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

I once spent a nice afternoon in the woods hunting for a metal paint tin that had been buried in the ground late one night
, no it was not mine just helping a friend in need .

posted on Jun, 19 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   

appologies for the snark - i get a lot of vids that have left me jaded and cynical

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join