It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Read the writing on the wall.......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I don't care so much about the downtime as I do the dang Adverts that pull the browser to a new site. And don't tell me it's on my end, cause I've tried it with an Android fresh out the box, and it did the same thing.

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Now i cannot look back on my posting history very far

It was a handy feature for me

please get it working again

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Downtime aside, my usage of this site has steadily dropped because every time I check it's political crap which at first was interesting but is now steadily repetitive.
Trump
Trannies
Bad UFO footage
'Refugees'
repeat
I don't think I am missing anything?

posted on Jun, 26 2019 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Look here pal.

You joined in 2015, right, just a handful of years ago.

Other members and I, have been here over a decade longer than you have. ATS was around before you, and me, and probably will be around long after you get bored of trolling and meander off to find another bridge to camp.

Having seen ATS go through it's cycles, like seasons, I can personally testify that your concern here is base-less, and has no grounds. It's just your opinion.

My advice, take a break if it's frustrating you.

It's 20mins, that's nothing time wise. Hell back in my day, before MSDOS, yeah just plain DOS internet access was a treasured gift.

Even after MSDOS and dial up became popular, we still had to wait 20mins+ just to connect.

Then if you were lucky, if no one would pick up the phone to make a call, or worse, some one else calls the phone...omfg there goes another 20+mins just to reconnect seconds or minutes after finally connecting the first time.

You think you have it bad today, with modern technology?

These are luxuries, which from where I'm standing, look to be taken for granted, by those who don't appreciate what it took to get where we are today.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR

utterly wrong on ever level .

1 - this " problem " has " developed " very recently - ATS did NOT have these issues several years ago

2 - larger forums - with more members and bigger content databases are running thier systems without the "need" for an every hour hiccup

yes - all forums need SOME downtime to do essential updates - but this is 2019 - and unless you are powering the server with tripple expansion steam engines and using babbage machines - why has ATS gone wonkey - no one " staff side " has ever made any attempt to answer this question

yes ATS is a luxury - but we expect it to preform to the standard of other 2019 internet luxuries - not get " its better that the 1996 version of AOL "

and i has been hear 15 years - i will ride ATS to the end - like major kong

<< 1  2  3   >>

join