It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vermont opens door for gender-affirming surgery for transgender youth

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Messed up parents have all sorts of means to mess up their kids. Legally and otherwise.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

[strike] [/strike]

With square brackets. Not that I ever have need of it, of course.

Doh!!! I didn't even think to try the obvious... face palm moment.

Thank you

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Messed up parents have all sorts of means to mess up their kids. Legally and otherwise.

That's the truth.

My kids spent last weekend visiting my brother and his wife. After the weekend, she called to tell me how awesome my kids were. I had to agree, of course, but the only credit I took was in NOT screwing them up!

These days, that alone feels like a major accomplishment.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

I got a late start as a parent. Before I was one, I had observed that some of the people who one might think would be wonderful parents ended up with kids who were real assholes, and vice versa.

Why, it's almost as if kids can figure things out.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:43 PM
link   

[strike] [/strike]

With square brackets. Not that I ever have need of it, of course.

Woohoo! It worked in the OP.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Oh dear... I sense a left-handed compliment in there... but if it means my kids are awesome, I'll take the hit!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:08 PM
link   
If your kids are not old enough to buy cigarettes, buy beer, vote,get a job, or even drive a car and you let them do something like this you are responsible for everything bad that happens afterwards.
I can see them now...I not doing my school work because I don't want to.....to bad you need to do it so you can pass.
Mom I want to be a girl...ok son I will take you right down to the hospital and change your life forever even though you aren't mature enough to make decisions that WILL affect you for the REST OF YOUR LIFE.
HORRIBLE PARENTS.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:21 PM
link   
If people weren't so obsessed with enforcing boy/girl gender identities, none of these things would be happening. Genderless is the future

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   

"Documentation of medical necessity."

What sex change operation is medically necessary?

Any doctor who says such should have zes license(s) revoked and brought up on charges for mutilating clients.

Children, even.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

"Documentation of medical necessity."

What sex change operation is medically necessary?

Any doctor who says such should have zes license(s) revoked and brought up on charges for mutilating clients.

Children, even.

A 10 year old child should be able to make a medical choice that will affect them for the other 80 years of their life.

What are you, some sort of alt right nazi????????

ETA: That is assuming they live that long, and don't commit suicide at a drastically higher rate like most of those suffering from gender dysphoria(either pre or post op).

Atleast in the end, the parents get to score, and keep, those progressive points that they can parlay throughout their life in the LGBTQP+ community.
edit on 15-6-2019 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:13 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: schuyler
Complete mind-boggling insanity.

Yes, it is... and cruel to boot.

I don't blame the kids at all in any way. It's the so-called adults that are failing them.

Children are just fully grown embyos and a bunble of cells... Why can't they decide before their twelve what they are when they cant even decide past a heart beat what they are?

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Prereq: I quoted, edited, re edited a post in this thread..see below.

Crap software on this site, can't quote, can't comment on a quote, nothing shows up.

Seriously boys, another 6 months of this and you'll lose all your traffic.

Get your effing # together. If you want to get hits and data mine your traffic, you have to put SOME LEVEL of effort into it.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:30 AM
link   
luv how the entire point of this thread was disproved immediately but the OP pivots to "well trans people are just BAD" and the thread rolls on.

only question left is why the OP has such an axe to grind about trans people. She's admitted previously she doesn't know anyone trans or have anything to do with trans people but here we are, thread after thread of the same exhausted nonsense. Like damn i know we're fabulous and i'm sorry if your life is boring but god, it's like you're obsessed with us.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

ETA: That is assuming they live that long, and don't commit suicide at a drastically higher rate like most of those suffering from gender dysphoria(either pre or post op).

drastic misrepresentation. Higher levels of depression and suicide happen in trans people who are abused, denied, not accepted as themselves, etc. When trans people are accepted as their true gender by those around them levels of depression drop to completely normal rates consistent with the society they live in. Operations got nothing to do with it. You know, it's almost like there's a human need to be accepted and express ones inner truth and be believed. weird hey

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 02:48 AM
link   
This is sick 😔

If you’re not old enough to drive a car or drink a beer you sure as hell shouldn’t be able to decide what sex ‘you want to be’. I hate to say it, but this needs to be protested.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Well, maybe they will be good singers??

All that is old, is new again.

Behold the New Castrati!!

During the 16th-17th-early 18th century, the Italians use to take pre pubescent boys to backyard surgeons to have their ducts to their testicles cut, with the Testes shrivelling away in time.
These boy grew into effeminate men, with micro penises, hairless, some small breasts, etc etc and of course Very high child like voices.
Apparently, by the early 1700s, 4000 boys per year...Per Year!! were "Converted", to be beautiful singers.....strangely to be envied and idolised by the Italian Females of all ages, (no wonder, there was hardly any Real men left) because of their sexy boy voice and smooth skin (one would think).
A little like nowadays singers, dont cha think
.....Wayne Newton would have been a God in those days.......DunkaShawn Oh Dunkashawn...

thesmartset.com...

Maybe that explains MJ?....who knows..

Of course eunuchs were around before those days too.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
If your kids are not old enough to buy cigarettes, buy beer, vote,get a job, or even drive a car and you let them do something like this you are responsible for everything bad that happens afterwards.

Your point is well taken, but I put the blame on the professionals informing their consent. Garbage in... garbage out.

And I don't have numbers, but I know there are parents out there just as horrified as we are at what is happening to their children, without their knowledge or consent. Too often, under court order, which completely tramples parental rights.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

Children are just fully grown embyos and a bunble of cells... Why can't they decide before their twelve what they are when they cant even decide past a heart beat what they are?

In a sane world, your comment would make absolutely no sense.

I shudder that in this world, it does make sense.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: R2019
If people weren't so obsessed with enforcing boy/girl gender identities, none of these things would be happening. Genderless is the future

THIS ^^^ cannot be said enough.

Gender identities, gender roles, gender conforming or non conforming, gender stereotypes... it means nothing because gender means nothing!!!

The values and principles we teach our kids should not dependent on gender. It is all about just being a good person, being about to take care of themselves and be productive and responsible adults.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join