It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we're all just taste buds?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

Details details

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What if, in the grand scheme of things all we are is a way for whatever force created us to experience a material universe? Similar to taste buds on a tongue. Each of us is a different conduit for our experiences. Basically a way for God to know what it's like to not be God?

A way for the infinite to experience the finite?

Just a thought.

Heaven help the tasters of common feces. I mean... a hell if I've ever heard of one after reincarnation.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I can one-up you on this idea:

We are all God. Being unbound by time, a heavy toll was exacted upon the creator in the form of extreme boredom. What better way to combat boredom than to forget everything and take the universe for a spin? Over and over again! This isn't restricted to human beings either, this is all life. That's why God is in that copse of trees, and that colony of mushrooms, God's goal is to experience EVERYTHING. The good, the bad, and the ugly.

Your comparison to taste buds is apt. If we're willing to entertain the idea that the mortal vessels we call our bodies are but temporary housing for immortal souls, then follow that to its logical conclusion: we're a part of God's personal copy the video game Grand Theft Auto Infinite. If we're created in His image, then it stands to reason that once we gained the means we'd do the very same thing, which is create simulation universes in which we can take on the role of lives disparate from our own. The only difference is that we are bound by time, whereas God is not. Think of it like this:

You build a pinball machine, but it just sits there. Without a player, it's just blinkey lights and no high score. So you begin to play, and you master the machine, you can put the ball anywhere you want, eventually achieving a score of infinity. You can't lose. So you begin to think, "I wonder what it's like to experience the game as one of the balls." To experience the illusion of free will in the form of quasi-chaotic movement. I imagine that must be exhilarating. "But who will actuate the paddles?" I wonder. Well there's no reason why I can't do that too, since I'm omniscient and omnipresent. But knowing that I'm just getting smacked around will sort of take the fun out of it; there's no reason not to just temporarily forget that little detail. Done and done.

I know that it's pretty much academic, but I wonder sometimes whether He started out doing the single celled thing, experience life as a prokaryote, or whether He hopped around, and whether his experience as higher life forms didn't sort of inform the direction things went as life evolved.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I'm a bit rusty on my religion/philosophy/cosmology, but I believe that is the theme of many belief systems, and probably relatable with fractal reality as well.

Every point a different perspective and result(s) to every other. Its interesting, and feels valid in some unfathomable way.

posted on Jun, 27 2019 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Taste buds are a myth. Flavor is dictated by the microbes present in the mouth.

We are cosmic microbes in the rhizome of the tree that separates the underworld from our former home.

posted on Jun, 28 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

What if we’re not?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join