It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if we're all just taste buds?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   
What if, in the grand scheme of things all we are is a way for whatever force created us to experience a material universe? Similar to taste buds on a tongue. Each of us is a different conduit for our experiences. Basically a way for God to know what it's like to not be God?

A way for the infinite to experience the finite?

Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Your analogy makes sense, since we all have individual minds experiencing a universal consciousness.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Possibly and that's the message in the story of the egg by Andy weir.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
What if, in the grand scheme of things all we are is a way for whatever force created us to experience a material universe? Similar to taste buds on a tongue.

That goes back to the whole "container" idea, which suggests that we (ourselves, our "ego") are just being used for our bodies as a kind of amusement park ride by transcendent, immortal beings, so they can learn what it means to value things. A superghost would never know the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. They wouldn't know love, or fear, or any of the things it takes a real, physical being to experience. They do a past memory wipe, too, so they can't just shrug their way out of it.

And then when they (we) die, they take the memory or the experiences back with them to the immortal realms, and this... helps them do something... in some way? That's where the argument falls apart, as it does with all talk of transcendent superbeings. What motivates them to do anything? Motivation suggests that they're lacking something they want to address, like not knowing what pain feels like, so they can be more complete. But they're already complete. If it teaches them anything, it's that being a mortal human person sucks and should be avoided at all costs.
edit on 14-6-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Probably more like farts in the wind to be honest.

In the grand scheme of things anyway.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:40 PM
link   

See my little squib down at the bottom of my post.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

We all face the universe the same way .

The measuring device on our life is the same.

It’s also the only one we ever listen to .

Pain is our guide to life .

So for the sake of argument.

Let’s just call it the sour taste bud .

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I always wondered when some folks say we are cells in a giant being what they might be thinking? But yea the tastes buds theory could make sense?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vicious1
I always wondered when some folks say we are cells in a giant being what they might be thinking? But yea the tastes buds theory could make sense?

I'd much rather be on the orgasm side of the house.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

Did you mean "organism" ? I never heard of a orgasm on the side of the house?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

But only sour because something/someones created the rules/systems/limitation of our current reality...in order for us to feel pain and joy based on the ups and downs of our limited lives.

It's all false though, except the feeling part (which is only created by fooling us into believing we are limited). I have no idea how that part works...that we actually begin to "feel" something based on loss, gain, taste, sexual pleasure, etc. That's the magic of it all.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Possibly and that's the message in the story of the egg by Andy weir.

Actually wasn't the egg more about the offspring of a God experiencing everything and being every entity in the universe so that it could mature. That is the main premise of the story, that one being is every being within this virtual reality construct.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: underwerks
What if, in the grand scheme of things all we are is a way for whatever force created us to experience a material universe? Similar to taste buds on a tongue.

That goes back to the whole "container" idea, which suggests that we (ourselves, our "ego") are just being used for our bodies as a kind of amusement park ride by transcendent, immortal beings, so they can learn what it means to value things. A superghost would never know the thrill of victory and the agony of defeat. They wouldn't know love, or fear, or any of the things it takes a real, physical being to experience. They do a past memory wipe, too, so they can't just shrug their way out of it.

And then when they (we) die, they take the memory or the experiences back with them to the immortal realms, and this... helps them do something... in some way? That's where the argument falls apart, as it does with all talk of transcendent superbeings. What motivates them to do anything? Motivation suggests that they're lacking something they want to address, like not knowing what pain feels like, so they can be more complete. But they're already complete. If it teaches them anything, it's that being a mortal human person sucks and should be avoided at all costs.

Hmmm that's interesting. The only motivation that makes sense to container me, would be because they could.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Probably more like farts in the wind to be honest.

In the grand scheme of things anyway.

Can't argue with that.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlukeSkywalker

Most pain is through personal loss or regret .

There are no outside factors when you run the tally sheet .

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:11 PM
link   

No. I meant what I said. Taste buds aren't the only sense organs in the body.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:09 PM
link   

No. I meant what I said. Taste buds aren't the only sense organs in the body.

Can't argue with that either.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Interesting notion. But I like to think its more like we are all holding mirrors. Allowing the divine wish to now thyself.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

I like that. Something that always stuck with me was something I read in Be Here Now by Ram Dass. "The potter is under no illusion he is the one making the pots, he is hollow bamboo."

As a musician, that really stood out to me. Because the greatest moments of inspiration come when you open yourself up to the point you're a conduit, and whatever it is from that other place flows through you.
edit on 14-6-2019 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That is *funny*. You think you *see* Orz but Orz are not *light reflections*.
Maybe you think Orz are *many bubbles* too. It is such a joke.
Orz are not *many bubbles* like *campers*. Orz are just Orz.

I am Orz. I am one with many *fingers*.
My *fingers* reach through into *heavy space* and you *see* *Orz bubbles*
but it is really *fingers*.

Maybe you do not even *smell*? That is sad.
*Smelling* *pretty colors* is the best *game*.

<<   2 >>

join