It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to NOT be banned by Youtube!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Since I don't have a YouTube channel, I honestly don't pay a lot of attention to who's being demonetized, shadow banned or outright banned for Politically incorrect postings on YouTube.

Apparently however, its become such a problem that a popular and rather successful YouTube Channel has felt it necessary to post a video that explains how to avoid running afoul of the ever changing rules at YouTube concerning that which is Politically Incorrect.

This is obviously somewhat "tongue-in-cheek", but I offer it up for your Friday's entertainment. It does raise one interesting point and that is that considering the dumbing down of the population, does YouTube censorship really matter anymore? Maybe "truth" will simply have to find a new and different home.

Enjoy!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I already know how to avoid it should I ever want to do a YouTube channel:

Can't go wrong with classic dumb cat videos.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'm just waiting for the anti-trust hammer to shatter Google and Facebook and Twitter. These corporate clowns just keep poking the conservatives, even though they've been warned that they could get into trouble. They just don't understand the power the government really has if it gets pissed at you.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I already know how to avoid it should I ever want to do a YouTube channel:

Can't go wrong with classic dumb cat videos.

I've wasted more than a few hours watching goofy videos like this. It's a lot of fun if you are stressed out.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   
FREE ALEX!

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: danbuter
I'm just waiting for the anti-trust hammer to shatter Google and Facebook and Twitter. These corporate clowns just keep poking the conservatives, even though they've been warned that they could get into trouble. They just don't understand the power the government really has if it gets pissed at you.

Doubt they would start/subvert/utilize all these corporations then limit their own power.
It would probably be fake and used for optics, like the Lifelog/Facebook/zuckerturd congress "grilling"

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   
a reply to: danbuter

Taking a stand to ignorance, hate speech, and just plain false information is a stand against conservatives?

I didn't know not giving holocaust deniers a platform to spread falsehoods about history was a poke at conservatives.
edit on 14-6-2019 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I can understand the hope that you have that the US government or any government for that matter (including unelected freedom stealing unions - I'm looking at you EU) is going to do something but I really don't think they will. I think that the governments know how good these big tech companies can be when they support you and can lead to you victory in any given election by taking down opposing opinions I do not think governments will attack it or go after it and neither will law makers. Let me give a simple example - If the pigs fly and the democrats get elected in 2020 to take power do you really think they will allow things to take place that would remove power from Google and the like? I really don't. Now if Trump wins I think there might be a chance that it'll happen but again if the democrats hold the higher numbers in the senate and congress by 2020 then I think nothing will happen unless there is a law that Trump can just sign an anti-trust thing against big tech (I'm a Brit so not up and up when it comes to the powers of the President).

I really wish there was. I had planned on starting a youtube channel at some point this year mainly for things about conspiracies (it was going to be called something original like conspiracy 101) but recent news saying that these types of videos would be removed or banned out right made it moot.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Taking a stand to ignorance, hate speech, and just plain false information is a stand against conservatives?

I didn't know not giving holocaust deniers a platform to spread falsehoods about history was a poke at conservatives.

There's this thing called the First Amendment in America. Anyone should be allowed to post any video they want, as long as they aren't hurting someone or something.

Or we could go your route, and remove any videos supporting Communism or baby killing (abortion).
edit on 14-6-2019 by danbuter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Then go exercise your right to freedom of speech on the corner of what ever city block or town street you live on.

There's this other thing called free enterprise which the government seems to love stepping on lately.
Youtube and google aren't public enterprises, they can do what ever they want. Just as people who promote hate speech and ignorance can go and start their own websites to promote what ever it is they want to promote.

Communism is an economic system that is valued for debate and actual intellectual discussion, abortion is a heated debate and YT does not step on pro lifers toes because it's technically not hate speech.

Think of it this way, if you can't find it in a library, it shouldn't be promoted on the web unless you make your own library of just random ramblings of racism and what not.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 06:09 PM
link   
O yay. If you don't like it, it's racist. Hillary lost. Get over it.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Its not just politics ; ALOT of animators are getting demonetized or shut down for orginally drawn / acted content for using iconic animated characters.

The youtuber "mr. Beast" got demonetized for humming some classic rock song while doing a video. Joe rogan freaks out everytime his video guy displays external audio or video for risk of getting the video removed/demonetized.

The level of freedom and restrictions is ridiculous. It's too bad that everyone is on YouTube and that nobody really wants to risk moving away and possibly losing 50% or (probably) more of their subscribers.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Nah if I dont like it, I just got a bigoted view towards it. So yes I do have a intolerance towards neo nazis and holocaust deniers posting garbage on YouTube.
The funny thing is they try so hard to avoid it with memes and what not but its so easy to just trace it.

The internet is unforgiving. I bet Hillary knows that all to well as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If one gets some dogs and babies they get millions of views and Youtube apparently loves those innocuous videos.

Dogs licking babies faces are very popular and could make you a lot of money monetizing those videos.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: danbuter

originally posted by: strongfp

There's this thing called the First Amendment in America. Anyone should be allowed to post any video they want, as long as they aren't hurting someone or something.

Or we could go your route, and remove any videos supporting Communism or baby killing (abortion).

And google needs to pay for developers to maintain the application, bandwidth, hardware , storage etc?

Nah that's not how that works at all.

Anyone can post anything they want the internet - just don't expect others to be required to give you the avenue to do so.

Oh wait, why isn't this video banned?

Plot twist.

top topics

join