It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Signs Julian Assange's US extradition papers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers, Writers,

Well it looks like everything Julian and Wikileaks were afraid would happen, has happened, or will happen.

UK signs Julian Assange's US extradition papers

Looks like they are going to turn Julian into the 21st century Nelson Mandela type person who gets locked up forever over dodgy charges.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: pravdaseeker

Well it looks like everything Julian and Wikileaks were afraid would happen, has happened, or will happen.

Looks like they are going to turn Julian into the 21st century Nelson Mandela type person who gets locked up forever over dodgy charges.

Pravdaseeker

although he did do something illegal, but so did clinton, power means freedom for the worst of the worst type of traitor of their nation

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Hi musicismagic, thanks for weighing in.

Yeah, he done some stuff he shouldn't have, but... it was exposing some very wrong things going on. Some would call them war crimes even.

Back when the big thing was "see something? Say something!" for everyone. They were encouraging whistle blowers to expose bad things..so he did.

But since he wasn't a government blessed news source, he got on their shyte list.

I know justice is supposed to be blind holding some scales... but I am thinking the ol gal has blindly fallen off a cliff in her stumblings for seeking justice.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

Pravdaseeker

although he did do something illegal, but so did clinton, power means freedom for the worst of the worst type of traitor of their nation

I thought journalists could print whatever truth comes their way?

Manning did something illegal, and Manning paid the price. WikiLeaks only did what they always do.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:56 PM
link   
The UK is ready to turn over Assange before it even gets to the courts.

The UK still hasn't left the EU three years after the vote.

It seems the British government jumps when the US cracks the whip. As for the people of Britain, they can go pound sand.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 12:08 AM
link   
A non-US citizen operating OUTSIDE of the United States can be charged with laws from a country that he hasn't even been in before? This is complete BS. What if one of us all of a sudden broke E.U. laws for internet or some such horse crap while living peacefully in the U.S. minding our own damn business? Is our Government going to extradite us for breaking a law in another country?

I find this entire sordid affair an affront to liberty.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Pravdaseeker

There's another thread already up about this. As an aside, you mentioned Mandela. He actually was a terrorist, he organized attacks and helped make the bombs that killed innocent people. If it wasn't for Mandela and the anc many of us wouldn't have blood on our hands. He and that vile thing called Winnie were the ones who created necklacing. You ever see it done first hand, I have. It makes you realize what true evil looks like, which would be Nelson and Winnie. I could tell you a lot more about Nelson, but I suggest you read up on his real history, maybe read his manifesto. Learn where he went and for what when he got out in Feb 1990. He may have appeared to be reformed, but he wasn't, far from it. The only reason he didn't continue to kill was because his handlers wouldn't allow it.

I also seem to remember that Winnie was charged with rape of minors, sexual assault and ritual murder as well as 87 counts of extortion, fraud and embezzlement. Both sets of crimes, of which she was convicted. Those two are just shining examples eh?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   

How dodgy are the charges if what he did was basically espionage?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Yeah, he done some stuff he shouldn't have, but... it was exposing some very wrong things going on. Some would call them war crimes even.

Like what? What was the war crimes, and how does the huge data dump of so much more relate?

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
A non-US citizen operating OUTSIDE of the United States can be charged with laws from a country that he hasn't even been in before? This is complete BS. What if one of us all of a sudden broke E.U. laws for internet or some such horse crap while living peacefully in the U.S. minding our own damn business? Is our Government going to extradite us for breaking a law in another country?

I find this entire sordid affair an affront to liberty.

So I empty your bank account from a county you do not live in is that is OK? All good? If I broke into MI6 and released all the data would England say, geez if only he did it on England soil...lol You argument makes no sense.

Espionage is a crime under the legal code of many nations. In the United States, it is covered by the Espionage Act of 1917. The risks of espionage vary. A spy breaking the host country's laws may be deported, imprisoned, or even executed.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

Pravdaseeker

There's another thread already up about this. As an aside, you mentioned Mandela. He actually was a terrorist, he organized attacks and helped make the bombs that killed innocent people. If it wasn't for Mandela and the anc many of us wouldn't have blood on our hands. He and that vile thing called Winnie were the ones who created necklacing. You ever see it done first hand, I have. It makes you realize what true evil looks like, which would be Nelson and Winnie. I could tell you a lot more about Nelson, but I suggest you read up on his real history, maybe read his manifesto. Learn where he went and for what when he got out in Feb 1990. He may have appeared to be reformed, but he wasn't, far from it. The only reason he didn't continue to kill was because his handlers wouldn't allow it.

I also seem to remember that Winnie was charged with rape of minors, sexual assault and ritual murder as well as 87 counts of extortion, fraud and embezzlement. Both sets of crimes, of which she was convicted. Those two are just shining examples eh?

Cheers - Dave
Dude, you gotta make a thread about that. I never knew any of that.

Also, Assange is innocent of any crimes as far as i can tell. I think he could have a pretty good case against several country’s governments at this point.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 12:56 AM
link   
a reply to: pravdaseeker

On the bright side of things, Assange will most likely get the medical care he desperately needs to survive. Who knows, maybe charging him was the what the Trump DOJ had to do to get him to the US safely?

I seem to remember Lindsey Graham's proposition to grant Assange immunity in exchange for testifying under oath to the extent of what he knows about the DNC/Podesta leaks, mainly his source.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

How dodgy are the charges if what he did was basically espionage?

What did he do differently than CNN or MSNBC???

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Good. He has a better chance of survival and freedom in the US than the UK. Also I don't see what crimes he has broken in the UK which they could keep him imprisoned for.
edit on 14/6/2019 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder
Also I don't see what crimes he has broken in the UK which they could keep him imprisoned for.

He was convicted of the offence of skipping bail, which is a criminal offence in the UK and pretty much everywhere. He was treated like any other person and not some special case, which is good.

Assange recent offence

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Duderino

originally posted by: musicismagic

Pravdaseeker

I thought journalists could print whatever truth comes their way?

Manning did something illegal, and Manning paid the price. WikiLeaks only did what they always do.

It's also illegal for anyone in government or military to use the classification of information system to hide crimes or illegal activity, and Manning and Snowden exposed that, but of course that is denied and ignored.
edit on 14-6-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Heres hoping he's doesnt have to do the naked pyramid and what not.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool

What did he do differently than CNN or MSNBC???

He dumped the actual files, but I'm thinking he helped get them too and that is what they will go after. Manning did not have the clearances to get all they got, he had help...

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

It's also illegal for anyone in government or military to use the classification of information system to hide crimes or illegal activity, and Manning and Snowden did that, but of course that is denied and ignored. ETA oops, I mean they exposed that.

I wouldn't put Manning and Snowden in the same sentence. Manning dumped a massive amount all unrelated, all not whistle-blower stuff. Snowden had a single purpose that was whistle-blower level, not just a massive random amount of TS, secret, sensitive material.

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I don't remember the entire story so probably shouldn't have commented. Seems (what I remember people saying at the time) both of them did expose a few shocking things that government and military were doing that most people would consider "bad". I'm sure you are correct though.

edit on 14-6-2019 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join