It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two more tankers have been attacked in the Strait of Hormuz

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
a reply to: carewemust

Yes another source with video: www.theepochtimes.com...

The U.S. military’s Central Command has released a video and some still photographs on June 14 that it says shows Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corp (IRGC) removing an unexploded limpet mine from one of the oil tankers targeted near the strategic Strait of Hormuz, suggesting that Iran sought to remove evidence of its involvement from the scene.

U.S. Central Command spokesman Bill Urban released the black-and-white footage and two still color photographs. The military says the video shows an IRGC Gashti Class patrol boat approaching the Kokuka Courageous “and was observed and recorded removing (an) unexploded limpet mine from the M/T Kokuka Courageous.”

US Central command statement t.co...

Link to pictures www.centcom.mil...

Black triangle on the right supposed to be a limpet mine!?

Look carefully and zoom... Crap CGI.

Lags

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 02:14 AM
link   

The U.S. military’s Central Command has released a video and some still photographs on June 14 that it says shows Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corp (IRGC) removing an unexploded limpet mine from one of the oil tankers targeted near the strategic Strait of Hormuz, suggesting that Iran sought to remove evidence of its involvement from the scene.

U.S. Central Command spokesman Bill Urban released the black-and-white footage and two still color photographs. The military says the video shows an IRGC Gashti Class patrol boat approaching the Kokuka Courageous “and was observed and recorded removing (an) unexploded limpet mine from the M/T Kokuka Courageous.”

Lags

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Lags

In one way It does not matter if the tankers, Iranian Patrol boat, and the mines are all CGI... The seeds have been planted by the government for an impending action.. If General Wesley Clark is correct this plan has been on the war burner of someone in the governmental planning department for a long time.

I could care less if a surgical strike takes out the Iranian Mullahs as I do believe a certain large percentage of the Iranian People would celebrate. As far as wholesale slaughter of the Iranian people or our troops losing their lives (even one) I do not want to see or hear it..

My Ra Ra days of "let's go kick some butt" are long past but I am not against killing someone or thing that needs it. It is a shame as I think most people who are members of this site know that it is the Wahhabi Sunni Muslims who are the real terrorist of this world not the Shiites....evidently unless they have some Iranian Shiite Mullahs directing the show.

edit on 727thk19 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lagomorphe

Lags

In one way It does not matter if the tankers, Iranian Patrol boat, and the mines are all CGI... The seeds have been planted by the government for an impending action.. If General Wesley Clark is correct this plan has been on the war burner of someone in the governmental planning department for a long time.

I could care less if a surgical strike takes out the Iranian Mullahs as I do believe a certain large percentage of the Iranian People would celebrate. As far as wholesale slaughter of the Iranian people or our troops losing their lives (even one) I do not want to see or hear it..

My Ra Ra days of "let's go kick some butt" are long past but I am not against killing someone or thing that needs it. It is a shame as I think most people who are members of this site know that it is the Wahhabi Sunni Muslims who are the real terrorist of this world not the Shiites....evidently unless they have some Iranian Shiite Mullahs directing the show.

You see where I am coming from mate👍

Never forget Colin Powell and his famous tube of ANTHRAX...

So many innocents died and still die to this day because of lies and greed from just one country (with help from Israel IMO) who are on the other side of the planet in their “drone” armchair knowing damned well that they cannot be hit but couldn’t give a poo about all those countries that are not far from the Middle East...

Cowards and bastards...

Lags

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

"Oil prices surged on Thursday, reflecting the jitters, although they have since given up some of those gains."

Im pretty sure someone just wants to make some extra cash quick on Oil because prices werent doing well !

hey lets fake a dispute , blow up some ships and scare everyone and prices go up for a bit !

posted on Jun, 14 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   
FFS

Revolution is needed in the USA

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:36 AM
link   
CGI really?? you think the US IS DOING CGI ON A DRONE FILM and trying to sell it as real. Who exactly the military? at who's direction? Come on #1 THINK ABOUT IT, Trump goes to war right now he puts re-election in jeopardy, especially if he goes over such shoddy evidence. I'm thinking seriously its Mossad or the Saudi's if it is not Iran. Trump isn"t stupid enough to get caught up in this BS yet. It's obvious what it is, going to have to something way over the top and obviously Iranian to get him to react militarily, not to mention he'd be gun shy just knowing half the population wants him to fail, doubt he trusts hardly anybody at this time.

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Forget oil prices even though they are an extra benefit.... How about billions of arms sales that were looking doubtful in a Senate vote until; you guessed it. www.zerohedge.com...

A brief report from AntiWar.com's Eric Garris suggests Thursday's tanker attack incident in the Gulf of Oman which the United States promptly blamed on Iran has directly impacted bills placed before the Senate which would ban US arms sales to Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Qatar.

Garris wrote of the vote which came hours after the Gulf tankers incident: "Both votes were considered highly likely to pass up until they were rushed to the floor today. The timing appears almost certainly to have been related to Thursday tanker bombings in the Gulf of Oman, and shifted a number of Senators’ votes in favor of continuing the arms sales." He noted that "some senators switched sides to kill the bills" following news of the tanker attacks.

www.theepochtimes.com...

The Japanese owner of the Kokuka Courageous, one of the vessels attacked near the strategic Strait of Hormuz in the Gulf of Oman on June 13, said their sailors saw “flying objects” immediately before the attacks.

The claim from Yutaka Katada, the President of Kokuka Sangyo, a company that owns and operates ships that transport liquid chemicals, contradicts the claims by the United States military that said the attacks resulted from an Iranian naval mine.

Katada told reporters on Friday that before the oil tanker caught fire the sailors witnessed “flying objects” and it was hit twice, reported the Associated Press (AP).

Katada said the flying objects could be bullets and refuted that the attack was caused by mines or torpedoes since the damage to the ship was above the waterline.

US Says Iran is Behind the Attack

The United States military released a video on Friday that showed how Iran’s Revolutionary Guard removed an unexploded limpet mine from one of the oil tankers targeted near the strategic Strait of Hormuz, suggesting Tehran wanted to hide evidence of its alleged involvement.
youtu.be...

Limpet mines are held in place magnetically and are supposed to disable a ship not necessarily sink it. Very civilized, no ?

I think every Tanker in that area should have Armed guards posted (with some serious firepower) and any suspicious boat that approaches the tanker is warned and then blown out of the water if they do not deviate their course..

posted on Jun, 15 2019 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I don't believe anything I hear and only half of what I see. That video isn't clear enough to see if it's Iranians.

After the lies we were fed leading up to Iraq 2.0. I don't trust this video footage one bit.

Who has more to gain from attacking oil tankers in the gulf? Israel or Iran. It's our soldiers that will be fighting the war and our children paying for it. Netanyahu flat out lied at the UN about Iraq's nuclear capabilities. With Bolton and Trump in the white house Israel knows they have Iran where they want them.

I'm not looking forward to paying $10 a gallon for gas while everything at the grocery store doubles in price.

Iran isn't worth the cost. If Israel wants something done about Iran let them do it.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Not unexpected; www.abc.net.au...

Oil tanker explosions prompt Saudi call for decisive action to secure Gulf of Oman energy supplies..
Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince has blamed Iran for attacks on two oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman.
He is quoted in an interview with a Saudi-owned newspaper as saying the attack on the tankers, one of them Japanese, was an insult to Japan's Prime Minister, who was visiting Iran at the time.

The United States has also blamed Iran for the attacks but Tehran has denied any involvement.

In the interview, the Crown Prince also said the kingdom did not want a war in the region but would not hesitate to deal with any threat to its interests.

"The Iranian regime did not respect the Japanese Prime Minister's visit to Tehran and while he was there replied to his efforts by attacking two tankers, one of which was Japanese," the newspaper quoted Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman as saying.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 04:22 AM
link   
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

why is that ?

thanks

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 04:23 AM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

and the evidence is ???????

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie2018
FFS

Revolution is needed in the USA

Oh it happened
DJT

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Hezboallah, Hamas, IRNG, various other smaller groups, plus their constant threat to wipe Israel from the map.

No one is saying the west is whiter than white, but if you don't think Iran sponsors terrorist action then you are living in noddy land.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I think there should be open rebellion in the US and the Uk if the "allies" take our nations to war with Iran !

I know the majority know whats coming , another big pack of lies to get a war going because arms and oil arent doing well!

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I think there should be 'open rebellion' in the UK irrelevant of Iran or anything else....but I understand your point and tend to agree with it.

Have we leant nothing about the duplicitous and amoral nature of our politicians?

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

In the words of a scottish mother shouting at her two wee lassies !"

"DISGUSTIN"

seriously all that is missing from these Iranian reports is the mention of "yellow cake"

and we are basically back where we were 10 years ago
when this all kicked of the last cycle

Cmon humans wake the # up , this # is on repeat , cant we all realise we are watching reruns even though the ratings keep failing !

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 04:51 PM
link   
More and more it just looks posturing and bluster from both sides. Its all about Iran stockpiling enough enriched uranium, that's what is important to them, and it's what makes the Israelis nervous, pretty sure the Saudi's wouldn't like nuclear Iran either.

posted on Jun, 20 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: 35Foxtrot

why is that ?

thanks

Seriously?

You can't be that dumb.

Possible search terms to consider: Iran, Global sponsor of terror, HAMAS, Al Aqsa Martyr's Brigade, Strait of Hormuz shipping threats.

That should be a good start.

posted on Jun, 21 2019 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Not saying that these events were not false flags - they may well have been; however, Iran has stated numerous times that their long-term objective is to blitz Israel out of existence. They're just waiting for the prime opportunity to do so. They may actually go into a conflict with the US simply as pretext for a military build-up in which conflict they will take a side swipe at Israel while things are shooting hot. And then, they will be nuked, no doubt in my mind. So Iran needs to grow up & stop allowing themselves to be provoked. They have fanatical leaders & a lot of powerful people who want Israel gone (including hidden extra-territorial actors), all of whom are itching to find the pretext for attacking Israel. A tiny state which isn't perfect but is far more productive & contributes well to Western science, and other disciplines. Many, many winners of the Nobel prixe, they are an enlightened nation unfortunately being harangued from all sides, floating in a sea of ostility. They have to adopt a strong posture, otherwise they cease to exist.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join