It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two more tankers have been attacked in the Strait of Hormuz

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Nah, FAKE NEWS!

They just trying to amp up prices.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

But they were only lightly damaged,and to attack Saudi vessels would make it seem more like an Iranian attack IMO.
Israel have attacked "allies" before,and anyway I don't think Israel considers Saudi a true ally-more a kind of "the enemy of my enemy" kind of deal..

Who knows,and I hope I am wrong.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: Silcone Synapse

Not likely. Two of the tankers that were attacked last month belonged to Saudi Arabia and Israel relies on them heavily to deter Iran throughout the region.

I'd put my money on Iranian Rev Guards acting out of control, it probably hasn't come from Tehran to act now but some out of control trigger itchy Persians just want to take a shot.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
These stealth attacks prove it is not Iran but some other state actor trying to get the show on the road.

Why would Iran not just come and attack in broad day light?
The answer is the same reason that they would not do stealth attacks either.

However, Saudi Arabia and Israel are chomping at the bit and have all the reasons in the world to do stealthy attacks.
edit on 13-6-2019 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: jacobe001
These stealth attacks prove it is not Iran but some other state actor trying to get the show on the road.

Could be Putin pulling the trigger. Oil price already up 3.5 %. Also is he trying to get the west and Iran into a big one so all eyes are away from Ukraine and he takes a bit more over there, he done it before

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Obviously, you know little about how Iran operates. Everything they do is secretive and through proxies to keep the blame off of them.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Saudi Arabia, right? Is that who shall go unnamed? If that's the case, why in the hell are we selling them weapons?

Why wouldn't we sell them weapons? You think buildings in New York City are gonna blow themselves up?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
a reply to: jacobe001

Obviously, you know little about how Iran operates. Everything they do is secretive and through proxies to keep the blame off of them.

Spot on
The Iranians are devious in their ways but most have got a grip on this by now including Trump, Brits, Bibi and the Arabs world.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
If Iran is at fault, assassinate the leader(s), and let the people elect replacements. Simple. Saves many lives.

Does the same sentiment apply if it's found that the US or it's allies are at fault?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:38 AM
link   
Gas was down to $2.65 yesterday here and we were talking about that somethings going to happen it's getting into summer.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Gas was down to $2.65 yesterday here and we were talking about that somethings going to happen it's getting into summer.

At least they didn't raise the tax on gasoline.
Now we will get an artificial tax.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue
a reply to: 727Sky

What exactly has Iran done wrong in the world such that it can be credibly called a threat to other countries ?????

This has GOT to be the least thought out quote I've seen on ATS. Ever.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Did iran attack these tankers?
Have they taken responsibility?

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: expatwhite

By far he biggest sponsor and exporter of Islamic extremism is Saudi Arabia.

From the BBC News website;

Wu I-fang, a spokesman for Taiwan's state oil refiner CPC Corp, which chartered the Front Altair, said it was carrying 75,000 tonnes of naphtha and was "suspected of being hit by a torpedo", although this has not been confirmed. Other unverified reports suggested a mine attack.

www.bbc.co.uk...

In May, four tankers were hit by explosive devices close to a port in the United Arab Emirates. A report presented jointly by the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Norway last week to the UN Security Council concluded they had been placed there by frogmen, but did not assign blame to any country.

And quite interestingly;

Iran has said it is suspicious this incident took place just as it was hosting Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.

I don't know who is responsible for these attacks....I just somehow don't think that Iran are behind it all....but I could easily be wrong.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

The Iranians are being forced into being 'Pearl Harboured'

The Japanese were only there a short time to negotiate a trade franchise dispute ...

The timing of Thursday’s reported attack was especially sensitive as Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s diplomacy mission to ease tensions was underway in Tehran.

Japan’s Trade Ministry said the two vessels had “Japan-related cargo.”.

edit on 13-6-2019 by provocateur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Good find. Shinzo Abe is the main intermediary trying to calm US-Iran tensions, the news is overshadowing the successes there: www.independent.co.uk...

I think Oman may have something to do with it if it is a State attack, tensions with Saudi Arabi and Qatar are very high and are reported to have a recently developed handful of nukes but have been a major player in stopping Iran nuke development and trying to keep the Gulf 'nuke free'.
edit on 13-6-2019 by bastion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: bastion

I don't think that's the case either...

Overview: Oman is an important regional counterterrorism partner that actively worked in 2017 to prevent terrorists from conducting attacks or using the country as a safe haven. The Omani government remains concerned about the conflict in Yemen and the potential for al-Qa'ida in the Arabian Peninsula and ISIS-Yemen to threaten Oman's land and maritime borders. Omani officials regularly engaged with U.S. officials on the need to counter violent extremism and terrorism, but rarely broadcast their counterterrorism efforts publicly. The Government of Oman sought training and equipment from the U.S. government, commercial entities, and other countries to support its efforts to control Omani land, air, and maritime borders. Oman also used U.S. security assistance to improve its counterterrorism tactics and procedures. Oman is a member of the Global Coalition to Defeat ISIS, the Saudi-led Islamic Military Counter Terrorism Coalition, as well as the Riyadh-based Terrorist Finance Targeting Center. The Government of Oman issued a series of official statements condemning terrorist attacks in 2017.

www.refworld.org...

edit on 13-6-2019 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:22 AM
link   
Ok I just woke up and have not had much coffee, However if memory servers that Iran (formerly Persia) is the country of origin for what the west calls Chess. It's a study of strategy .

As much as I dislike the Mullahs running Iran, they are not stupid in strategy, Much like the Democrats here in the USA, the leaders of Iran will always utilize a deceptive strategy. It does not matter what you know happened, it's what you can Prove happened.

Posters in this thread are already asking for proof, is that not interesting?

The next move will be the most telling, is Iran going to play the"victim" card, or the "uh wasn't us we were hosting Japan".
(the Tankers were (are) carrying Japanese assets)

The chess game has been going on for quite some time, this is just bishops moving around instead of pawns.

The sattelite images will be interesting, I'm sure we keep an "eye in the sky" of this region considering what happened to the Saudi tankers.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Didn't Iran threaten to close down the straights of Hormoz and control the Persian Gulf, about a year ago.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

They do it all of the time and have been for years, but here's the latest from the IRGC last month...

TEHRAN, May 25 (Xinhua) -- Iran has two new "top secret weapons" and may use them to sink U.S. warships, an advisor to the chief commander of the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) said here on Saturday.

www.xinhuanet.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join