It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now this is a dog !

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Look at this Wolf amazing to see the actual past from over over 40,000 years ago !!!

"The severed head is 16 inches (40 centimeters) long. That's about half the size of a modern wolf's body,"

Hey wait it's head has been severed does that mean this thing ran around with man holy crap !

(Photo Credit: Albert Protopopov)

Last summer, a Russian man was strolling along the shore of the local Tirekhtyakh River in Yakutia when he came upon a grisly sight: the severed head of an ancient wolf. The head had been well preserved by the permafrost and still sported a full head of hair and sharp fangs.

Source Fox News
edit on 6/12/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Gargoyle91

Curious to see if they can extract DNA form the specimen and if it can tell us more about the wolf/dog divergence that has occurred since that time.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Curious too if there were any body remnants found with the head, otherwise why just a head? Who/what "severed" it. Was it a clean sever like with a blade or just ripped off? Makes one wonder what other finds lie beneath the Siberian permafrost intact. Could be an entire slice of ecology preserved so well....maybe even a Yeti!

edit on 3amf30393330 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: waftist

Yeah I bet we will start finding all sorts of stuff once things start melting just imagine what Antarctica will have to offer !

But the scary thing is just what can be done with the DNA and if Animals are intact what about Ancient disease and virus's ?

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Curious to see if they can extract DNA form the specimen and if it can tell us more about the wolf/dog divergence that has occurred since that time.

The wolf is a dog, classified a canine
What are you implying, a wolf is not a cat

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The wolf is a canidae and is a different species than dogs who are in the same family. What are you implying, that you didn't know this simple bit of taxonomy?

edit on 12-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Nice doggie!

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

He's probably talking about the divergence of domesticated dogs from wolves.

And, this find would be a great resource in figuring more out about that divergence.

But, then again, I find it boorish to be so literal in my reading habits that I take the time to post a reply criticizing someone for not being 100% clear in a forum post even though I can figure out what they meant...

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Fake news. Bear, not wolf.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   

The wolf is a canidae and is a different than dogs who are in the same family. What are you implying, that you didn't know this simple bit of taxonomy?

Really?

"The wolf (Canis lupus),[a] also known as the gray/grey wolf, timber wolf,[4][5] or tundra wolf, is a canine native to the wilderness and remote areas of Eurasia and North America."

"The domestic dog (Canis lupus familiaris when considered a subspecies of the wolf or Canis familiaris when considered a distinct species)[5] is a member of the genus Canis (canines), which forms part of the wolf-like canids,"

The biological family Canidae /ˈkænɪdiː/ [3] (from Latin, canis, “dog”) is a lineage of carnivorans that includes domestic dogs, wolves, coyotes, foxes, jackals, dingoes, and many other extant and extinct dog-like mammals. A member of this family is called a canid (/ˈkænɪd/, /ˈkeɪnɪd/).[4] (Wiki)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

It's a Wolf it's on display in Tokyo .

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 35Foxtrot

He's probably talking about the divergence of domesticated dogs from wolves.

And, this find would be a great resource in figuring more out about that divergence.

But, then again, I find it boorish to be so literal in my reading habits that I take the time to post a reply criticizing someone for not being 100% clear in a forum post even though I can figure out what they meant...

You might call it boorish but for the sake of science, real science
Species, hmmm, kinda like a chihuahua from an Alsatian, who cares, it’s a dog, a dog with a temper but still a 🐶
“Dogs and wolves are actually the same species. Their physical appearance is similar but their instincts, disposition and temperament are widely different.”

www.diffen.com...

But whatever, it’s a dog, pretty clear, science for dummies

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Decapitated bear ..

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Why do I even try?

You know what he meant just as I did.

You know what I meant.

You choose to be an anal know-it-all (who really doesn't).

Do you correct people's grammar and spelling, too?

You must be a laugh riot at parties.
edit on 12/6/19 by 35Foxtrot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Wolf ........

edit on 6/12/2019 by Gargoyle91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It's remotely possible the Dire Wolves aren't extinct...

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Definitely yes, the organic material shown is more than preserved enough that they can extract mitochondria.

That specimen looks like a direwolf and given the era more than likely is.

I'd be all for cloni
, maybe even place the clones up in Siberian preserve where they are cloning the mammoth.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I bet someone is already trying to back-engineer or resurrect it.

Why not?

Let's make Little Red Riding Hood scary again.

"Oh my, what big teeth you have Mr Wolf. And I'm not exaggerating or trying to be rude".
edit on 12-6-2019 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

That's fake news! I don't like the facts truth as they don't fit what I stated!

Too funny, it was easily looked up but your description was spot on.

I think your post deserved the first star I gave out if I did it correctly.

posted on Jun, 12 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
Really?

Yeah, really:

The dog and the extant gray wolf are sister taxa as modern wolves are not closely related to the wolves that were first domesticated, which implies that the direct ancestor of the dog is extinct.

Dogs and wolves are classified differently, otherwise the species would be either canis lupus or canis familiaris for both.

This is from your source.

edit on 12-6-2019 by AugustusMasonicus because: network dude has no beer because Heels took it

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join