It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jon Stewart delivers angry speech to congress for lack of attendance to 9/11 first responders bill.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheSteppenwolf

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: TheSteppenwolf

You don't depend on the government for anything—unless it's about "doing the right thing".

Which would be compensating people in service to their country during the opening shots of an 18 year long war.

A little context goes a long way.

Service to the city of which they are employees. A little context.

That city became America on that day. America was attacked, and when that happens the epicenter is therefor America. Just like if one member of NATO is attacked, all of NATO is attacked, so on that day every state was one, every locality one.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Yep, congress is a joke. Our government needs an overhaul.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Unbelievably pedantic and asinine.

posted on Jun, 13 2019 @ 11:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: CriticalStinker

LOL another liberal puke asking for more tax money in the guise a of a grieving washed up so called comedian,how pathetic does it get,wonder what is really going on

Try pulling your head out of your partisan butt for one minute, you might find something good!

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
This is who were are. Watch Bullworth and his great speech to the black church. “Of course we came here after the riot and promised all kinds of grants and relief money in front of the TV cameras, but we never really meant any of that.....

They were dead the minute they responded, and everyone that knows anything about industrial hygiene, black lung, asbestos, silica exposure, or lung function knew it. They were not told as there was nothing we could do about it. We had to get Wall Street back open as it was “determined that was critical to our national interest” So they had to be sacrificed, just like the Russians did to the clean up workers at Chernobyl. They were promised medical care too.

As soon as it fades from public view they are disposed of

reply to: vonclod

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Unbelievably pedantic and asinine.

If I valued your opinion I’d think twice about what I said, but I don’t.
edit on 16-6-2019 by TheSteppenwolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

You don't depend on the government for anything—unless it's about "doing the right thing".

Which would be compensating people in service to their country during the opening shots of an 18 year long war.

That city became America on that day. America was attacked, and when that happens the epicenter is therefor America. Just like if one member of NATO is attacked, all of NATO is attacked, so on that day every state was one, every locality one.

What happened to that spiel about employees being compensated? They are not federal employees.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:29 PM
link   

What happened to that spiel about employees being compensated? They are not federal employees.

Nuance.

It may come to a surprise to you, but I'm actually about decreasing federal spending. It's the only we can address our growing debt crisis.

That being said I'm going to bring in some of your views from outside the thread... Something I try not to do, I try to deal with things issue by issue. But you happen to be pro war in some cases. Our debt has been growing from said wars, and yet, I've seen you advocate for new intervention or conflicts (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you don't advocate for war).

We're talking about millions for those who have had to first hand deal with the ramifications of our foreign policy. Millions is a drop in the barrel. We have to take care of our own before we worry about others, such is survival. We are straying away from that, we're becoming imperialistic. That will be our downfall, our neglect at home while focusing abroad.

We are in disagreement, and I sense that will not change.

posted on Jun, 16 2019 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Made me sick and pissed off watching that. They deserved every second of ribbing Jon gave them, good job Jon. It’s sad that they have to even have that conversation. They’re the same people that will step over a homeless person while lobbying for benefits, for an illegal immigrant, just so they can garner a freak’n vote. Our government has become a pathetic display and example of humanity, when they should be the exact opposite of that. Ughhhh

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Nuance.

It may come to a surprise to you, but I'm actually about decreasing federal spending. It's the only we can address our growing debt crisis.

That being said I'm going to bring in some of your views from outside the thread... Something I try not to do, I try to deal with things issue by issue. But you happen to be pro war in some cases. Our debt has been growing from said wars, and yet, I've seen you advocate for new intervention or conflicts (I'll give you the benefit of the doubt you don't advocate for war).

We're talking about millions for those who have had to first hand deal with the ramifications of our foreign policy. Millions is a drop in the barrel. We have to take care of our own before we worry about others, such is survival. We are straying away from that, we're becoming imperialistic. That will be our downfall, our neglect at home while focusing abroad.

We are in disagreement, and I sense that will not change.

I’m not pro war, I’m anti-tyranny. Sometimes tyranny must be met with force or it will only continue. If I may use your views from outside the thread, your advocacy for doing nothing in the face of tyranny puts you on the side of the tyrant.

Our downfall will be the incessant need to look to the government to solve all our problems. If Americans want to help these people they should help them without handing off that duty to the government.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I’m not pro war, I’m anti-tyranny. Sometimes tyranny must be met with force or it will only continue. If I may use your views from outside the thread, your advocacy for doing nothing in the face of tyranny puts you on the side of the tyrant.

Again, nuance. You're willing to ask our government to go "fix" the tyranny. Which, we should laugh at that statement, because it's extremely selective. We don't truly go after all tyrants, in fact we support some. So why are you willing to trust big government with that, why do you allow our tax dollars to go in the trillions in failed efforts abroad, yet you plant you feet for a few million going to first responders who dealt with the attack we had in the first place?

Our downfall will be the incessant need to look to the government to solve all our problems. If Americans want to help these people they should help them without handing off that duty to the government.

That's part of our downfall, I'd agree. I'm not in that camp though. And if you looked at things honestly, you'd realize dollar for dollar, you ask more from our government than I do. Because those wars cost trillions.

As I said before, I really can't see who we'll reconcile our disagreement here, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Again, nuance. You're willing to ask our government to go "fix" the tyranny. Which, we should laugh at that statement, because it's extremely selective. We don't truly go after all tyrants, in fact we support some. So why are you willing to trust big government with that, why do you allow our tax dollars to go in the trillions in failed efforts abroad, yet you plant you feet for a few million going to first responders who dealt with the attack we had in the first place?

To fight tyranny, not “fix” tyranny. And not just the government, but all of us. I don’t trust government with fighting tyranny at all. Most governments would rather stay home. It could be a force of volunteers for all I care.

The same applies to the heroes of 9/11. A few million from the government is all Americans can muster?

Anyways, we do disagree, but I think your concerns about my beliefs are valid and I like defending my position against good arguments. So hopefully you don’t see my thinking as a sleight against you in any way.

posted on Jun, 17 2019 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Anyways, we do disagree, but I think your concerns about my beliefs are valid and I like defending my position against good arguments. So hopefully you don’t see my thinking as a sleight against you in any way.

I can distinguish between convicted passion and some one trying to sleight, I never got the impression of the latter, so no harm no foul.

It's good to have discourse, it keeps us sharp and dialed in on our belief's... Either I walk away more convicted or with a changed mind, both can be beneficial...

posted on Jul, 23 2019 @ 05:54 PM
link   
VICTORY!!!

The Senate overwhelmingly passed a bipartisan bill to ensure a victims' compensation fund related to the Sept. 11 attacks never runs out of money, fulfilling a pledge made by President Trump and ending years of uncertainty as the fund rapidly depleted. Lawmakers sent the bill to President Trump's desk after a 97-2 vote in favor of the legislation. Only two Republicans, Sens. Rand Paul and Mike Lee, voted no.

Link
A billion a year for 10 years for not only the afflicted victims but their families as well. A lot of money yes, but considering the big picture, worth it in my opinion. If we can spend 45 billion a year in Afghanistan, well.....

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join