It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposition cardinals go on with declaration of "truths" against pope Francis

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: andy06shake

To be fair, where is the relevance?

Are only Catholics allowed to post in Catholic themed threads?

I think InTheLight's personal beliefs were made more or less clear earlier in the thread.

Yes, it appears if one is Catholic then others' can judge their replies as subjective rather than objective.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Nope, that's not the case.

I'm not judging you InTheLight, that's your Gods bag, or so I'm lead to believe.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

It's a valid question to the topic. Particularly in light of your comment of "The blind faith old school Catholic" which, if you are a Catholic, you are presently displaying a strong base in exactly the type of blind faith you seemingly decry. It seems that you're intent on defending this Pope at all costs, excusing his many failures while trumpeting his few successes... strikes me as being very much in lock step with everything that's been wrong with Catholicism for the past thousand years or so.

It is not a valid question to the topic - why don't you take a poll and ask everyone else responding then?

Is anyone else in this thread displaying a blind loyalty towards Pope Francis? Is there a need to ask anyone who isn't?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Nope, that's not the case.

I'm not judging you InTheLight, that's your Gods bag, or so I'm lead to believe.

Whatever, all I can tell you is what I've posted regarding the Pope's deeds and I pointed out why I think he has done more good than any other Pope so far and that is my objective opinion. Do I think there is lots more to do, 'yes' I do, but considering the dysfunction and corruption, I don't expect too much progress quickly.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

It's a valid question to the topic. Particularly in light of your comment of "The blind faith old school Catholic" which, if you are a Catholic, you are presently displaying a strong base in exactly the type of blind faith you seemingly decry. It seems that you're intent on defending this Pope at all costs, excusing his many failures while trumpeting his few successes... strikes me as being very much in lock step with everything that's been wrong with Catholicism for the past thousand years or so.

It is not a valid question to the topic - why don't you take a poll and ask everyone else responding then?

Is anyone else in this thread displaying a blind loyalty towards Pope Francis? Is there a need to ask anyone who isn't?

Yes, the OP for one, but blind faith is only in your mind anyway. I just think this one particular Pope is heading in the right direction.
edit on 16CDT04America/Chicago05740430 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Good in rather a large puddle of evil all the same.

Canny polish a turd InTheLight.

The only progress the Holy Roman Church of St Peter seems interested in these days is in baptizing an alien should they ever turn up.

To be honest though, more chance of those ariving on the scene than daddy ever attending the party to clean up the alleged mess he made aka us.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Good in rather a large puddle of evil all the same.

Canny polish a turd InTheLight.

The only progress the Holy Roman Church of St Peter seems interested in these days is in baptizing an alien should they ever turn up.

To be honest though, more chance of those ariving on the scene than daddy ever attending the party to clean up the alleged mess he made aka us.

We make the mess, we clean it up.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:16 PM
link   

They make the mess, we simply lie in it.

I don't ken what kind of stain remover you have at hand InTheLight, but can i have some?

That mess canny be cleared away mate, not without blood.

Then again that's always the price in the end, is it not?

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:18 PM
link   

They make the mess, we simply lie in it.

I don't ken what kind of stain remover you have at hand InTheLight, but can i have some?

That mess canny be cleared away mate, not without blood.

Then again that's always the price in the end, is it not?

I don't lie in anyone's mess - you have a choice too, whether to lie in it or not.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Ah choice, would that no equate to free will?

Do you ken what neuroscience has proven about all that jazz?

I'm not suggesting predestination is the complete colour of the day, but those ""choices"" you assume you make, don't exactly add up.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Ah choice, would that no equate to free will?

Do you ken what neuroscience has proven about all that jazz?

I'm not suggesting predestination is the complete colour of the day, but those ""choices"" you assume you make, don't exactly add up.

The only choice I made in this case was to comment on this thread about the Pope's deeds and why I think they are good. My opinion, my free will, my neurons firing all add up to my colour of the day.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

You assume they are your thoughts and choice, but you cannot prove so, neither can Catholosum nor God for that matter.

Something to consider.

It's just not logical mate, then again neither is organized religious practice in all its many shapes and guise.

Consciousness, and/or our understanding of such still leaves a lot to be desired.
edit on 11-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Another swing and miss Sookie.

More shallow ignorance!

The Pope is the supposed apostolic successor to Saint Peter, who was very much a man.

Peter was the 1st Pope, The first Vicar of Christ.

According to Catholic doctrine, the Pope is the Vicar of Christ...the body through which Jesus Christ lives vicariously.

Vicar of Christ
(Latin Vicarius Christi).
A title of the pope implying his supreme and universal primacy, both of honour and of jurisdiction, over the Church of Christ. It is founded on the words of the Divine Shepherd to St. Peter: "Feed my lambs. . . . Feed my sheep" (John 21:16-17), by which He constituted the Prince of the Apostles guardian of His entire flock in His own place, thus making him His Vicar and fulfilling the promise made in Matthew 16:18-19.

In the course of the ages other vicarial designations have been used for the pope, as Vicar of St. Peter and even Vicar of the Apostolic See (Pope Gelasius, I, Ep. vi), but the title Vicar of Christ is more expressive of his supreme headship of the Church on earth, which he bears in virtue of the commission of Christ and with vicarial power derived from Him. Thus, Innocent III appeals for his power to remove bishops to the fact that he is Vicar of Christ (cap. "Inter corporalia", 2, "De trans. ep."). He also declares that Christ has given such power only to His Vicar Peter and his successors (cap. "Quanto", 3, ibid.), and states that it is the Roman Pontiff who is "the successor of Peter and the Vicar of Jesus Christ
www.newadvent.org...

The Pope is infallible.

Papal infallibility is a dogma of the Catholic Church that states that, in virtue of the promise of Jesus to Peter, the Pope is preserved from the possibility of error "when, in the exercise of his office as shepherd and teacher of all Christians, in virtue of his supreme apostolic authority, he defines a doctrine concerning faith or morals to be held by the whole Church."[1] Infallibility is, according to the New Catholic Encyclopedia, "more than a simple, de facto absence of error. It is a positive perfection, ruling out the possibility of error"

en.wikipedia.org...

The Roman Catholic Church teaches that the Pope is incapable of saying anything wrong regarding his teaching on faith and morals. The Bible, on the other hand, says that only God is without error.

The office of the Pope essentially claims divinity by claiming to be infallible.

Exodus 20:2-3 I am the LORD thy God … Thou shalt have no other gods before me.

And the office is attributed infallibility, not the man.

You should check out II Thessalonians 2:4

edit on 11-6-2019 by Wardaddy454 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Well said!

Look at that Wardaddy454, for once we are on the same page. LoL

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Well said!

Look at that Wardaddy454, for once we are on the same page. LoL

Make no mistake, I do believe, but Catholicism is simply not my personal go to brand.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Im of the opinion, that what we don't know about reality and the universe, is probably quite a bit.

That being said, possibly best to hedge one's bet, after all, what do we have to lose?

The Bible thought, well if thats not the word of Man with all his fear and fallibility at play, nevermind a rehash of previous religions that came before, I'm really not sure what is.

I don't ken what i believe really, i suppose I'm on the fence.

Not that i don't imagine true believe that people have, if that's what it is, does not afford them, a certain measure or luxury of piece of mind in this life, but some evidence might be nice?

Suppose the problem i have with blind faith is the fact that my mammy taught me to look before a leap, well that and the broken glass.
edit on 11-6-2019 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

If you are on the fence then you don't have to look ahead.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Threats are punishable. Prison included. It's beyond me why religions can threat others (especially small children) and get away with it.
edit on 11-6-2019 by KiwiNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Well, we can see through most fences, else it's a wall i suppose.

You always look before you leap through.

Else you are apt to land in crap and sprain an ankle.

Sod's law being what it is and all that Jazz.

That applies to everything in life including fences, else what do you imagine all the warning labels are for? LoL

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Well, we can see through most fences, else it's a wall i suppose.

You always look before you leap through.

Else you are apt to land in crap and sprain an ankle.

Sod's law being what it is and all that Jazz.

That applies to everything in life including fences, else what do you imagine all the warning labels are for? LoL

Sitting on a fence or a wall one's field of vision is limited. Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join