It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Helicopter Crashes Into NYC High-Rise

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Being reported the pilot radioed air traffic control, said he was going to have to land on a building. Fox News

People in the building heard and felt it hit the building.

Can't imagine what that few minutes was like for them.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

👍

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

I imagine every New Yorker has a bit of PTSD since 911.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

There are 6 huge AC units on the roof of that building which are quite visible from above.
Guess the pilot didn't have much choice, so he radioed Andrew Cuomo for a photo op with the first responders.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Here is some additional footage...

twitter.com...

Does not look to out of control...almost as if he got it back under control or made a hard turn to head to the island...

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

There are flight restrictions over Manhattan since Trump was elected in 2016

I nautical mile from Trump Tower - 725 Fifth Ave ( 57 th street) this means from middle of Central Park south to
34th street (Empire State Building)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Building address as reported by local news is 787 Seventh Ave (51st street) - Old Equitable Life Insurance building

Is 51 stories - 651 feet high

Weather conditions in area (I live in New Jersey just across Hudson from NYC) are poor

Rain, heavy at times, with fog Ceiling is 500 feet, below top of building

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Duplicate
edit on 10-6-2019 by firerescue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
BREAKING NOW:

A helicopter has crashed into a high-rise building in midtown Manhattan, according to several media outlets.

The crash occurred atop the AXA Building at 787 7th Avenue, according to the New York City Fire Department.

The helicopter crashed on the roof of the building, a senior law enforcement official told The Daily Beast.
This is a breaking story. Check back for updates.

news.yahoo.com...

Where's your take on this crisis? I want answers!

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Being reported as a hard landing with one injury.
So far no fatalities.

Helicopter traffic has been banned from landing on rooftops in the city since the seventies.
This guy was probably flying over the river and got into some kind of trouble.

If it wasn't for that ban then a lot of people could have been saved from the WTC in 2011.

I think you mean 2001.

I hate to be one those hardcore anal dudes when comes to grammar... but seriously! That was really sloppy.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Ok, I hate to be the sourpuss here, but how does this have newsworthiness beyond regional?

It's tragic, yes, but outside of the immediate NYC area, why does someone out of flyover care if a helicopter crashes into a rooftop in NYC? This is not 911. There's no indication there is anything outside a regular accident here. I mean, they barely mentioned the horrible construction crane accident in Texas over the weekend. That also is a regional thing.

And I am not blaming anyone for putting up here. I'm just wondering why it's flooding my YouTube feeds.
edit on 10-6-2019 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

MSNBC implied that the pilot was trying to crash into Trump Tower, but chose the wrong building.

Azzholes.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Huffpost published a negative article about condo sales at Trump Tower recently.
Looked like a textbook auto rotation dive over the river that should have ended there.
Who would risk flying over the city after that?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I just watched the Mayor on the news and he says an investigation is needed because the pilot did not contact the flight control tower and he should have; too easy to get through the cracks.
edit on 16CDT04America/Chicago02440430 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: IAMTAT
BREAKING NOW:

A helicopter has crashed into a high-rise building in midtown Manhattan, according to several media outlets.

The crash occurred atop the AXA Building at 787 7th Avenue, according to the New York City Fire Department.

The helicopter crashed on the roof of the building, a senior law enforcement official told The Daily Beast.
This is a breaking story. Check back for updates.

news.yahoo.com...

Where's your take on this crisis? I want answers!

...er...RUSSIA?

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: firerescue

MSNBC implied that the pilot was trying to crash into Trump Tower, but chose the wrong building.

Azzholes.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if we find out he's some clown who was involved with ANTIFA or Hillary.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: danbuter

Some of the law offices that were evacuated were involved with international cases.
Multi million dollar annual salaries earned by these lawyers.
Would have been a good cover for an intel gathering operation.

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:46 PM
link   
The crash was planned and orchestrated under the command of the Govt. of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania, the Netherlands and Germany as an attempt to blackmail the DOJ to keep the fake Russia Collusion probe going ....

posted on Jun, 10 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

If it were an emergency, the pilot should have landed in the River, like that one pilot did with a plane full of people. With 20 years of flight experience, the pilot should have known to do that.

posted on Jun, 11 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Here is some additional footage...

twitter.com...

Does not look to out of control...almost as if he got it back under control or made a hard turn to head to the island...

I just saw this video at The Drive, doesn't seem so bad at first but as soon as it's in the clouds it goes totally haywire, I thought it may be Photoshopped because of the extreme nature of its apparent movements.
Probably just perspective but some of the moves it makes look to be almost beyond the natural limits of what is actually possible.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join