It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Saudis to Syria: Withdraw From Lebanon

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
But, let not forget that the right atmosphere is been brewing in the middle east to prepare Iran citizens for an upraise, Afghanistan first, Iraq second and Syria and Lebanon without intervention.

I think FredT that is going to be something going on soon in Iran. Perhaps from within the population.

Al-Sistani is the clerical leader the government is another thing. Humm.....we are just to wait and see.

I say if going to happen I mean Iran US will target Iran.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Forgive me, I am a "newbie" and just MIGHT make a mistake or two, so agian forgive any breaches in rules.

On this Syria withdrawal thing, Is there any link to the reports of WMD in Syria? On another thread they have been talking about WMD moved from Iraq to Syria. Could this "pressure" be caused by the concern over the WMD?
Worry by Whom?
Something is up, but what?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Grand, your are doing just fine, yes US has been accusing Syria of MWDs safe keeping from Saddam prior to invasion, they are also supposed to be keeping members of the family and other members of government.

Occurs Syria deny any of that.

But we may not need to worry now, Syria is experiencing problems on its own with Lebanon.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Yes, My point is that the US had the opportunity to apply direct pressure on Syria by simple leaving troops along the Syria-Iraq border. Instead, "someone" is applying in direct pressure on Syria by causing an "incident" in Lebanon.
How this pressure will directly or indirectly affect the Iran "dissidents" (or rebels) is not clear. Nor is it clear who will "control" Hamas after Syria's pull out.

There where reports that Hamas had some components of the Iraqi WMF. in th Beeka Valley.

Anyone see any leads to Hamas in all this? Maybe they are trying to rid themselves of Syria's control??

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by grand489

Anyone see any leads to Hamas in all this? Maybe they are trying to rid themselves of Syria's control??

Hum......you are right when Hams left Syria Hamm........you are right after the incident with Israel in Aug. 2003, in the Gaza City, Hamas left moved their headquarters from Syria to Lebanon. Even when Syria claim that they were the ones to close the headquarters because Israel warns them that they will target facilities used by Hams for training.

So if Syria leave Lebanon then who is going to control Hamas, I mean is not like Lebanon is the example of good will in the area, they have terrorists in their land too.

So who is worst, Syria or Lebanon when it comes to terrorist groups?

I completely forgot about that littler problem there in the euphoria of having big bad Syria leaving littler Lebanon, they are cut by the same material.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:08 AM
link   
WyrdeOne says,

Yet another country calling for Syria to pull out of Lebanon...........There is definitely something brewing, and it involves a host of countries that are usually antagonistic towards each other. I mean, Saudi Arabia, France, Russia, America, Israel, (others I'm forgetting) all calling for the same thing...
I think that the what is going on is, the status quo in the mid east had to go, the USA recognized the fact that SOME ACTIONS needed to be undertaken thru the entire region to shake loose those radicle elements that were oppressing/terrorizing people, and give the rest of the population the chance to end business as usual.

Xatnys says,

Right now, they are working to get the "hot potato" out of Syria's hands. They are working to help limit the United State's ability to act with aggression.
Lets assume that this statement is true for a moment....
Look at what happened in an overall sence....
the mid east situation seemed locked into a violent spiral, and terrorists were living the high life thru the region.
BECAUSE the USA actually took action to change the dynamics of the region, we now see these things happening, some of which like the Syria Lebanon thing seemingly noone would have anticipated...
so even if the goal of other nations is to try and keep the USA calm and docile, its still doing what the US wants, which is applying multi national preassure to change. a peaceful USA and region is a fine side effect of this "contain the USA agression" idea if you ask me, i dont care why these nations are siding together, as long as they are going to DO something.

Ok so countries that dont want to see the USA take further acts of aggression are now actually DOING SOMETHING together and constructive...why? because someone had the courage to make the first move and break the ice. It took ACTIONS, not sitting back and debating forever in the UN, it took actions to send the message far and loud that things WERE going to change in the mid east and that America and others were deeply commited to make it happen.
IT TOOK ACTIONS NOT MORE USLESS TALK/sanctions! People needed to stop doing things the old way, which obviously hasnt had much effect in 25 years over there, yet in 4-5 suddenly there is great change. It doenst take genius to make the connection.

It is GREAT to see several arab and mostly muslim countries taking a more moderate stance and trying to help solve the problem instead of continuing the same ole song and dance. Egypt and Saudi Arabia, qutar, kuwait, they are leading by example and i hope they continue to be constructive members in the world community.
Id like to welcome Lebanon and a new palestinian state to the table too, lets hope the people can get it together over there and that they dont give in to the terrorism you KNOW has got to be comming around the area.

Perhaps this also contributes to the lack of new strike in the USA, the terrorists have been too busy over there trying to not lose another regional stronghold, they are too busy/distracted in the area to be able to focus on the usa.

Off the street fears speaking like this

Could it be that George W. Bush, the president everyone loves to hate, is actually ... succeeding?

FredT responds,

Man would that piss off the Bush sucks crowd to no end. Its premature to say for sure, and some breaks went Bush's way like Arafat moving on etc.
Yes it would probably KILL a few to actually admit this....While it IS still to early to determine if Bush was right,
i hope the trend we're seeing continues and felt this assesment was correct all along.

How many of you anti bu#es would care to admit that bush COULD have actually been at least partially correct when he read the mid east situation and took decisive actions there?

Im not saying he IS or that in the end it will end up that way,
just wondering how many of you are WILLING to have a more open mind to this possibillity and admit this?
Gazrok at least comes close,

Now, I despise Bush just as much as most here, but I do wish him (and all of America), luck with this one...
Good for you Gaz.

Gaz does put the anti blinders right back on tho alleging,

Many others would have acheived this point two years ago, but that's neither here nor there. Now lets just hope he doesn't muck it up by going on another crusade, shall we?
Your so called crusade appears to be showing results now eh?

Who "others" would have achieved a similar result and how?
How can you determine the timeline for success would have been 2 yrs earlier?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:25 AM
link   
What many of the Anti-Bush crowd seem not to understand is that without the US usng its military might as "stick" None of the european efforts to offer "carrots" will work.
The fact is that were it not for US involvement in the mdeast, were it not for the US applying pressure and showing the world that democracy can take hold in the Mddle east, the lebanese never would have had the mass demonstrations that they did, not because they didn't have the will, becuase without an exmple showing that it can work, they never would have tried. IMO the only reason Syria didn't try to pull a tiannamen square was because they new the US was close enough, and had enough will, to intervene if they tried.
Pax Americana baby, freedom is on the march.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 04:59 AM
link   
IF in 10 years the mideast is a big happy democratic family, i will give Bush a high-five congratulations on promoting democracy etc...

... however, i will never believe that those were his motives (but rather perks) behind this "war on terror." nor will i believe that pre-empitve wars built on false intelligence are the right way to promote democracy.

regardless of the outcome, its the thought that counts - so what if bush and company get a happy ending, what were/are their intentions?

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   

After 9/11, Administration neo-cons offered a "noble lie" to sell the public on the need to invade and occupy Iraq (The Iraqis will shower our troops with flowers and kisses). The same group has invented a new "virtuous prevarication" to build support for an attack on Syria. Ignoring recent testimony by CIA Director Porter J. Goss that "Islamic extremists are exploiting the Iraqi conflict to recruit new anti-U.S. jihadists" (Washington Post, February 17, 2005), this group of high US officials in Defense, State and the Vice President's office have organized a "get Syria" movement.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Taken From:
www.zmag.org...

X

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lost
regardless of the outcome, its the thought that counts - so what if bush and company get a happy ending, what were/are their intentions?

Good question, but I think I have made a good case by outlining the following(previously posted):

If you thought my last post was cute...

...You'll be blushing at the end of this one.

A great example of an Israeli/"Zionist" think tank would have to be the Institute for Advanced Strategic and Political Studies. They produce a number of documents relating to strategy for Israeli/Zionist regional dominance, one of which would be a little diddy called A Clean Break: A New Strategy for Securing The Realm .

This document urges a new strategy to regional dominance, one "based on an entirely new intellectual foundation, one that restores strategic initiative and provides the nation the room to engage every possible energy on rebuilding Zionism".

Couple that post with the link I posted in the post above, it comes together rather well, if you're willing to step back and look at it all.

X

[edit on 5-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Syria named as a US Target, as was Iraq, Iran, North Korea and China by the neocon PNAC

www.serendipity.li...

The Assassination of Rafiq Hariri
rafiq haririOn February 14, 2005, Rafiq Hariri was assassinated in Beirut. The next day the International Herald Tribune reported it as follows:

A huge car bomb on Monday killed a former Lebanese prime minister, Rafik Hariri, 60, a billionaire who led the country's reconstruction after its civil war from 1975 to 1990. The assassination rocked a nation that has been largely at peace for 15 years and sent shock waves through the region and beyond. The United States and other countries suggested that Syria, which has about 14,000 troops in Lebanon, had a role in the assassination.

Taken from:
www.serendipity.li...

X
[edit on 4-3-2005 by Xatnys]

Mod edit: do not post entire articles, just a snippet and link

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Spectre]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Bush’s administration gave Israel the go-ahead to attack Syria in retaliation to Tel Aviv bombing that took place last weekend, killing 5 Israelis, the Hebrew daily ‘Yediot Ahronot’ reported.

Also, the U.S. didn’t ask Tel Aviv to exercise self restraint, as in past cases vis-à-vis the Palestinian commando raids, the newspaper added.

Taken From:
www.aljazeera.com...

Rice targets Syria, Iran

By KRISHNADEV CALAMUR, United Press International

U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice stepped up pressure on Syria to withdraw from Lebanon and reiterated that Washington will work with Europe to prevent Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

The comments, made at different events in London Tuesday, highlight the growing attention the United States is paying the two nations.

Taken from:
Here

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Banshee]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Worth Reading

The White House Stage Manages the “Get Syria” Move

After 9/11, Administration neo-cons offered a "noble lie" to sell the public on the need to invade and occupy Iraq (The Iraqis will shower our troops with flowers and kisses). The same group has invented a new "virtuous prevarication" to build support for an attack on Syria. Ignoring recent testimony by CIA Director Porter J. Goss that "Islamic extremists are exploiting the Iraqi conflict to recruit new anti-U.S. jihadists" (Washington Post, February 17, 2005), this group of high US officials in Defense, State and the Vice President's office have organized a "get Syria" movement.

more....

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
The White House Stage Manages the “Get Syria” Move

Who cares whose managing it?
For crying out loud, the Syrians are and have been illegially occupying Lebanon.

The 'sheriff' (the Lebanese people, backed by France, the US, Russia, etc., etc.) has come back home and now its time for Syria to get the hell out of Dodge!.

Simple as that.

seekerof

[edit on 4-3-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
so iraq under usa.usa should not be there.but there telling syria to pull out from somewhere we cant even see.where are my blinders i can see any truth in all this.oh if the saudis get involded in this oh my.thats right get the beehive all pissed off.this agenda is in nightmare mode.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:27 PM
link   
just one question, what is going to happen with the terrorist groups that also are occupying Lebanon?

Or some forgot that Lebanon is also supporting them.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by flukemol
so iraq under usa.usa should not be there.but there telling syria to pull out from somewhere we cant even see.where are my blinders i can see any truth in all this.oh if the saudis get involded in this oh my.thats right get the beehive all pissed off.this agenda is in nightmare mode.

This "agenda" is in the control of the Lebanese, is it not?
What are the Lebanese people saying, wanting?
How many nations are proclaiming that Syria ends its occupation and get out?
No partial withdrawal or pullout is enough!

The Lebanese people, among those nations backing the Lebanese situation with Syria, want a total and complete withdrawal/pullout.

seekerof

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
The Lebanese people, among those nations backing the Lebanese situation with Syria, want a total and complete withdrawal/pullout.

seekerof

The Lebanese people? or the Hezbollah so they can get more control than they already have of the littler terrorist haven that is Lebanon.

Hezbollah is also an effective political party in Lebanon and holds 12 of the 128 seats in the Lebanese parliament. Since 2000, when it successfully drove Israeli troops from a 40-kilometer “security zone” in southern Lebanon after 22 years of occupation, Hezbollah has increasingly asserted its influence among Lebanon’s Shiite Muslims—the country’s largest religious group—by establishing social programs, hospitals, and schools.

Hummm............I guess the bush administration most have something with the Shiites, he most be a Shiite lover

Another country for AL-Sistani Clerical rule.

cfrterrorism.org...

Way to go Mr. Bush

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join