It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am from the dark side of Mars.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This will be short:

Aliens and Ufo's

Why are those two topics still in the same forum while, when there (for example ) is a sighting of whatever kind,73% of the comments will be about the fact that a UFO does not necessarily inhabit green man from space?

As far as i know, nothing is from outer space unless it self identifies, has been seen coming in, or have a passport from outer space.
Shouldn't the technical aspect be split from the believes?

Has ATS not matured by now to split these subjects, or is it convenient to keep those in the same?

Or do i miss something?
edit on 7-6-2019 by EartOccupant because: Cosmic interference

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

I disagree with how you worded it but I agree with the point you were making. UFO is not always ET.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Purpapengus

At least we agree on something.

I feel UFO reports are too often dismissed to easy on a lot of grounds, without inspecting the technical/scientific angles.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

What?

No.

Wth.

No.

Just no.

No.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Has ATS not matured by now to split these subjects, or is it convenient to keep those in the same?

The forum is for Aliens and UFO'S , as a UFO could possibly be of Alien origin I see no reason why the two should be separated.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:12 AM
link   

I'd like to point out it's UFO & aliens. Aliens just means strange but a living being. UFO means just weird thing I saw in the sky.
If the writer of the OP would want to say ET he would. And they do. I just ignore them. If someone is that oppiniated about something that is purely conjecture nothing will change his mind no matter how often you point out nothing in his experience points towards what they claim is going on.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
Why are those two topics still in the same forum while, when there (for example ) is a sighting of whatever kind,73% of the comments will be about the fact that a UFO does not necessarily inhabit green man from space?

Although UFO does not mean something from space, it doesn't mean that, according to our present knowledge, they cannot be from space.

As I see it, it's much more likely any sighting on Earth points to an earthly object, but why should I limit the possibilities? If I don't know what it is, then it means it can be any thing, known or not, from Earth or not, from our own time or not, from our dimensions or not, etc, etc.

It's almost impossible to split any topic in their technical and belief parts, as even clear scientific topics have always a part that is related to a belief in something, at least until is undeniably proven.

I don't see it as a "maturing" problem, just a way of organising topics in what appears to be the most logical way.

If you find a case where a real alien explains how their ship works then you can post it on the science and technology forum, if you want, as it would be a good place for a technical discussion.

Or do i miss something?

Or maybe you are trying to see too much in it.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
And I am from deep inside Uranus.😂

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I think the title should be changed to "I am Speaking from the Dark Side of MyArs." And yes this post is totally worth the effort.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Or do i miss something?

Yes, it is in your title.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant
This will be short:

Aliens and Ufo's

As far as i know, nothing is from outer space unless it self identifies, has been seen coming in, or have a passport from outer space.

Or do i miss something?

Matured? Oh Christ. The forum has degraded into Breitbart light. It's all about the ads.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

Or do i miss something?

Yes, it is in your title.

I was hoping for at least a postcard.

top topics

join