It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Voyager 2, The Final Frontier!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Voyager 2 is a very hard working space probe, but it's lonely journey is never done, it is now on the fringes of our solar system, it's journey started over 40 years ago in 1977, and bless it, it is still sending back information, using a Commodore 64 ancient computer.
It is now starting on a new journey to pass a few light years away from Sirius, but don't hold your breath, it will take nearly three hundred thousand years to pass the star, i wonder what this very simple space robot will experience!

Perhaps some poetry is needed, i don't know the author other than Sjr 1000.

The Voyager has left the solar system.
It has taken our consciousness with it too.
A Commodore 64 running the show.
How ironic we're still collecting those tiny bits of data today!

What does Voyager know?
What has it experienced?
What does forty years in space give you?
Is it beginning to wonder, or is it way past that?

While we're going far far further than any human object has ever been,
Earth is no longer visible, while we slaughter another human life,
Voyager is in deep being, without borders and no hope of home.
Traveling forever, an extension of the human mind, heart and soul.
hellopoetry.com...

edit on 7-6-2019 by Astronomer62 because: spelling mistake

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   
It's about to die from my understanding, maybe another 5 years and that's a rap. Still, despite low tech impressive machine.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Space, the final frontier....these are the voyages of the space probe Voyager,in it's three hundred thousand year mission to pass by the star Sirius, to boldly go where no human can go yet!
Details of the Voyager mission on link below:-
www.abc.net.au...
Voyager 2 has a Golden Record for aliens to ponder, link below:-
en.wikipedia.org...
If our little probe completes it's journey to pass Sirius, perhaps it will meet "Micromegas?" It might even meet the goddess Isis or Cleopatra?
wondersmith.com...
In forbidden knowlege, secret beliefs for thousands of years, have aligned Sirius to deeds on Earth, some think it is where souls go, some think it is Heaven, the ancient Romans thought it was Hell.....I hope our lonely little probe has a pleasant journey.
Please note humerous comments!

edit on 7-6-2019 by Astronomer62 because: Link fault

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
It's about to die from my understanding, maybe another 5 years and that's a rap. Still, despite low tech impressive machine.

Hi Stupidsecrets,
Yes, it's Plutonium battery is running low, but it may wake up again at some point, but it wouldn't be able to send messages back to Earth, we would be too far away to receive the very weak message sadly!
en.wikipedia.org...
www.youtube.com...
edit on 7-6-2019 by Astronomer62 because: adding info

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:05 AM
link   
One thing I find deceptive is they left off the gold record images of war or info on human conflicts. They should have included it. Maybe the aliens would see wow, these beings need help and get over here asap. Our best attempt at a universal distress signal.
edit on 7-6-2019 by Stupidsecrets because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Astronomer62

I love the idea of Voyager 2 drifting off into the great expanse. The possibilities are endless.

While many think of it going into alien territory, another outcome is that it goes into an area Transcendence has happened, and the local intelligence is inorganic. They could then retrofit the Voyager 2 making it a sentient being.

And while I say that mostly jokingly, I try to keep my imagination open to possibilities of the sorts as space is infinite as is it's possibilities.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Well, maybe in a few hundred years of technical advancement a spacecraft will have been developed to retrieve it and bring it back to Earth.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Stupidsecrets
One thing I find deceptive is they left off the gold record images of war or info on human conflicts. They should have included it. Maybe the aliens would see wow, these beings need help and get over here asap. Our best attempt at a universal distress signal.

Hi Stupidsecrets,
!) Aliens may help us!
2) Aliens may just observe us!
3) So the third encounter could mean......
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

I love the idea of Voyager 2 drifting off into the great expanse. The possibilities are endless.

While many think of it going into alien territory, another outcome is that it goes into an area Transcendence has happened, and the local intelligence is inorganic. They could then retrofit the Voyager 2 making it a sentient being.

And while I say that mostly jokingly, I try to keep my imagination open to possibilities of the sorts as space is infinite as is it's possibilities.

Great stuff CriticalStinker,
I too have a vivid imagination, sometimes i scare myself LOL!
Perhaps my imagination is a little too dark!

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: eManym
Well, maybe in a few hundred years of technical advancement a spacecraft will have been developed to retrieve it and bring it back to Earth.

It would be lovely to think that, lets hope it's not as dramatic as the film "Event Horizon", Ha Ha!
I was brought up with H.R.Giger!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't think William Shatner will still be around when it become self aware.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:08 PM
link   
There was this old cartoon I watched back in the 90s, I really wish I rember the name but I don't 😫😭😭....

...anyways, the premise of the show was much like "Men in Black", a secret force created to take on the worlds creatures that people have no knowledge of and seeingly oblivious to.

In one episode, the team discovers the ruins of Atlantis and end up waking up one of those giant mechanical stone giants and it gradually makes it way to some location it's trying to reach, the team not knowing its intentions try to stop it.
One guy on the team is convinced that the stone giant isn't the enemy and that it has to be something else, he is ignored.
The team eventually stops the stone giant and destroy it before it managed to charge up this beam weapon and was aimed at the sky.
It was assumed that it was trying to destroy the atmosphere.

In reality, the one guy ignored ended up finding out, thru lost translations, that Atlantis and its people were actually stationed on earth, based there to monitor and defend earth against an extremely hostile alien race, who at one point in time, actually invaded earth and was repelled.

The show ends with them staring at the sky wondering if the threat even still remained and perhaps the stone giant was simply acting out from its original coding.

As the credits row by, a quick scene showing Voyager 2 moving along until it bumps into an alien ship and bobs up along its hull, the camera pans back and outward, revealing a massive Alien space fleet moving slowly along....

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

And then send it back to Earth? That would make a really mediocre Motion Picture even if they put some fit bald headed chick in there as eye candy.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

And then send it back to Earth? That would make a really mediocre Motion Picture even if they put some fit bald headed chick in there as eye candy.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It's a fantastic piece of equipment and a testament to what humanity can achieve.

But by the time it approaches Sirius, it probably won't experience much.

Chances are it will be overtaken or even scooped up and placed in a museum in a few thousand years.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Hi AugustusMasonicus,
I can't give you the "Eye Candy" you want, but the Mandelbrot Set interpretation of the fractal universe should pop your eye balls LOL!www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
Sigh, gonna have to get Augustus Masonicus some weird robotic eye candy, at least it isn't baby eating, only satire!
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Maybe she would look something like this...

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Or you may have watched Star Trek: the motion picture (1979)

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

I haven't, but it doesn't surprise me a star trek has done it. With as many episodes and premises they have had, it's hard to talk about space and it not have been on star trek.

I'll have to check that movie out.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join