It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BALDUR'S GATE III

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

So what will they call it? Baldurs gate III, the rise of Cthulhu?

To tell the truth, I like it. Even though its a CG vid only, squids make for some crafty enemies. But without seeing gameplay. I really cant say anything. I hope they dont go to old school, but I hope they dont try to change things up to much. In all if the gameplay and graphics are decent. I will probably check it out.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

Yeah. It's the closest game i've found that simulates the 'dnd experience'. Some of the online servers were pretty cool and i remember enjoying some custom modules. The editor that came with it is one of the things that got me into programming and stuff. I just try not to spend too much time gaming these days, i get addicted easily and that's one of those games that really sucks me in. It looks like there's a ton more user content now than there used to be and that's one of those rabbit holes i end up getting lost in for many many hours.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
baldursgate3.game...

This is for real.

This is not a hoax.

This is not a dream.

Hell yeah! I'm so excited about this game!
I just watched a video from Google presenting their new video game platform and they announced Boulders Gate 3. As soon as it said "Boulders Gate" me and my nephew at the exact same time said "oh sh!Г"!

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   
If you liked Baldur's Gate then check out Pillars of Eternity.

The problem I have with those game is having to micromanage my party the whole time. I much preferred NWN or even DA:O where you could just focus on playing your character.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   
If it doesn’t have Minsc and Boo....

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

You'll go for the eyes?

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

That was the conversion of a human into an illithid, aka mindflayer, a staple villain of D&D since forever. See they have little leech like things that all swarm in a pond that illithids introduce into a new host and in time the person becomes a brand new mind flayer.

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

It's larian so I disagree.

Divinity original sin 1 and 2 are the current gold standard.

It's not an mmo looks like single player with option of cooper. Just saying.

You guys act like it's EA making the game lol

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We just noticed the giant jammer ship and army of illithids floating in the sky in the background. It's a fricken Illithid alien invasion of the realms... this... is... going... to... be... EPIC!!!!
edit on 6/8/2019 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2019 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove
Oh I know. Or I knew, but forgot, most of the enemies in these games are pretty broad through out other games. Even in final fantasy they have there version of minflayers or the floating eyeball enemies as well. I think the ones that were in the Dark Souls games were probably the freakiest, the squids walking around in the cell and tower parts, they would just grab you and suck on your head. But I think for the most part D@D came first and most enemy or monsters were if not downright rip offs, then inspired by them.

And after all this time

To tell the truth I cant even remember Baldurs Gate, I think I got about more then half way through Shadows of Amn before I put it down, or I drifted from old school D@D long ago, to more action based RPGs. Even on the Sega Genisis you had games like Beyond Oasis and Crusader, then games like Alundra came out and from then on, I skipped table turn RPGs for more action based RPgs when they came out.

I could not stand the whole standing around to wait for your turn part. But turn based games have come a long way since then.

And after so long, even action based RPGs are getting old, so will definitely check this new Baldurs Gate when it come out. They still have no gamefootage, but was watching these guys talk about it on youtube, so it does look interesting.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join