It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is it that happens at :30 minutes past the hour on ATS??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Can someone explain what is going on with ATS at :28 - :32 minutes past every hour?

ATS always seems to get really wonky right at that moment, every hour (i.e. double posts, triple and even quadruple posts, delayed posts, etc.). It's like there is some giant process that runs on ATS on the half hour, because everything seems to grind to a halt. This is particularly true in the morning hours here in the US, but it's not limited to the morning hours.

My eyes are now trained to look at my clock every time I see a delay or double post, and it is almost always within a minute or so of the half hour. The other day, I had the weirdest thing of all happen. I actually had a double OP. I posted with a complex subject line and it came back and said the title was already in use (which would have been a triple OP). I looked at new and saw my same title posted twice, so I edited one of the two and it was indeed a separate post with the exact same title. So I flagged my own duplicate post and requested it be removed. Again, right at the bottom of the hour.

Can someone shed some light on what's going on at the bottom of the hour on ATS?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

That is the apportioned time Q dukes it out with the deep state for control of the site?
The nsa backups are close to full and are running slow?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Here you go.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Shift change for the mice running the wheel that powers this site.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's getting longer, started at 28 for a minute initially now it goes to 35 for me. That's 7 mins every hour of down time, I hope Bill comes in to look at it, not good to have your site unusable every hour.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
Shift change for the mice running the wheel that powers this site.

!

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:17 AM
link   
That is when the half-hours are redefined as whole hours, so that at the end of the allotted 120 minutes a message can say "You have exceeded the four hours available for editing".

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   

It is 9:29 AM and it is doing its thing again as I type. It's going into stall mode again.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

I read that post, but I didn't see an answer. I saw a theory about how to stop double posts, but no real answer to the underlying question.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   

That is the CIA time to collect our data.
Do you think the mods here are just normal folks?
Actually they may be but still.....

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Apparently a database update or such-like takes place at the 27-35+- minute mark (and an RSS feed update around the 10-11 minute mark) and it places a load on the server. This was according to a staff member in a thread long ago but I can't help you find it. It was also stated that this problem won't be solved in the immediate future.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

thanks- I assumed it was something like that.

I usually seem to find myself browsing around the half hour mark, myself- pull out my phone for a quick ATS break and it's XX:27- then the darn links don't load for five minutes.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have initiated the 5 min count down clock. The equipment is in place....leter rip, Brenda!!!

edit on 6-6-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Here you go.

And, numerous other threads in BBQ on the issue......it's a database issue...
Thread Closed.
edit on Thu Jun 6 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join