It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is you town less or more populated?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

import people to feed the country.

👀

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Central Arkansas weighing in.

I live in a tourist town in a National Park and the amount if influx and new construction we've seen in the past decade and a half is staggering.

Lots of retirees and folks looking to "get away from it all" and bringing with them everything they were trying to get away from.

Traffic has increased tenfold and new roads can't be built fast enough to accommodate.

Luckily the high crime rate is keeping rents reasonable for the most part.

For now.

edit on 6/6/19 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Soilent Green is people

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   
While I'm new here, in NE Alabama, I'm told that places like Huntsville are growing at a staggering rate, while other areas are headed the other way.

Where I am, is growing if church building is any indicator...
Three new ones are going up even as I type this, all within a 5 mile radius.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Secacus? Or south?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

Purely anecdotal

you are the awesomest!!!

I always thought so.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Stand up and be insignificant ! LOL

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Secacus? Or south?

West Orange, it's in my mini profile.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

The church on my corner and the reverands property attached to it are for sale. Its been there since the fifties.

Is that an indication of popluation growth or shrinkage?
This is a city... it keeps changing.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:10 PM
link   
USA birth rates don't mean much when one million illegals are flooding into the country.

www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I said I don't know if it's an indicator or not. I find it interesting, that's all. Bible belt. But...if they didn't see a need of some sort, they wouldn't be building one, would they? Much less three in such a small area.

Time will tell, I suppose. This area is a pleasant mix of country and suburbia. Town is about half an hour out, and wild country just outside my door, about a ten minute drive. I don't want that to change.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
Southern Maine here,

The native population isn't really changing much. Many younger folks are choosing not to have children because they can't afford it- but then there's the welfare junkies popping out enough units to compensate.

The total population is exploding, though- I feel like half the population of Somalia has moved here in the last 20 years. Not a single school can keep up with the student growth rate. Even when I was in school all those years ago, half of my classes were in what they called "portables" - they were like trailer homes, but classrooms. I can only imagine what it looks like now.

Sounds horrible

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   
North of Frisco Texas here.. exploded at a terrifying rate (1200% in 8 years by one account but I am unable to find it for sourcing)
10:1 hispanic I am the minority in my neighborhood and have been for at least 10 years now. Houses are everywhere, the traffic is horrible and you are lucky to hear English being spoken. We might as well annex Mexico and become "Amexica"

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   
More polluted and very crowded and just one of the worst placed to live; it was from a third world country.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
I hear about low birth rates and the need to import people to feed the country.

But it seems most places I go, the population is growing too fast.

Traffic has increased, schools no longer have classrooms Available and are Brining in trailer park portable ones.

They are building on any open land they can find.

Is this just in NY?

Or Are people all over the world seeing an increase or decrease in population size in their home towns?

I moved to, and grew up in a 3 square mile town in 1985 when I was 6. In 1985 the pop was 500, in 2000 it was 950 and today it's around 700. I prefer it to go back down to 500.

In the cities surrounding us, you can tell it's more populated. What used to be lunchtime or 5:00 traffic in the city I work in, is what the streets look like at 10:00 am on Christmas day now (very low traffic). At lunch or quitting time, it takes my sister as long to go 5 miles to her house as it does for me to go 25 miles to mine.

I made the mistake of going to the newer shopping plaza north of I-220 (near my sister's neighborhood) the day before Christmas Eve, year before last. because what I needed was at Academy and that's the only one in the city. It's right off of I-220 and took me about 20 minutes to get there once I got off my exit. When I left, it took me almost 5 hours to go less than a mile. An hour and a half of that was spent trying to get out of the parking lot. Never. Again.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Starcrossd
North of Frisco Texas here.. exploded at a terrifying rate (1200% in 8 years by one account but I am unable to find it for sourcing)

One of my favorite things to say is "You couldn't pay me enough to live North of I-20 ever again."

We're way out, just North of Godley now.

posted on Jun, 7 2019 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

originally posted by: Starcrossd

One of my favorite things to say is "You couldn't pay me enough to live North of I-20 ever again."

We're way out, just North of Godley now.

That's funny. I would never live north of I-20 either and I'm about 5 hours east of Frisco, south of I-20.

<< 1   >>

join