It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Schizophrenia Spectrum Disease

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:00 PM
link   
This is a new one for me since I never heard of it. I know Autism Spectrum Disorder, but Schizophrenia Spectrum Disease, never heard of it.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
When a person does not believe accepted consensus of the time they qualify as having skitzo Spectrum disorder. So another words, everyone here at ATS has the disorder. I do not believe evidence that is not even relative to what it is applied to. So, I guess I am skitzo.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I have done vast research on both schizophrenia and autism...

I am commenting to follow the convo.

When they made the new edition of DSM V (2012ish?) they recategorized a whole bunch of “mental illnesses” giving them a spectrum scale rather than individualized descriptions. Which lumps a lot of it together.

I personally believe schizophrenia is the brains barriers breaking down between the unseen world and what normal people have “protecting” them from seeing and experiencing some of it.

Disclaimer: that viewpoint pisses a lot of people off. But I’m not here to fight. I am not a medical professional. I find the topic of schizophrenia interesting, there are studies that show that the schizophrenic does not fall for “illusions” that most “normal” people do. Let me see if I can find a link.

link

link 2

In the hollow mask illusion, viewers perceive a concave face (like the back side of a hollow mask) as a normal convex face. The illusion exploits our brain's strategy for making sense of the visual world: uniting what it actually sees — known as bottom-up processing — with what it expects to see based on prior experience — known as top-down processing.

The next paragraph is what leads me to believe what I do about the “veil” between worlds being lifted, in the illness, if you will :

Schizophrenics aren't the only ones who see the concave face — people who are drunk or high can also 'beat' the illusion. A similar disconnect between what the brain sees and what it expects to see may be occurring during these drug-induced states.

John Nash, (read: a beautiful mind. Or there’s a movie.) who was a very gifted mathematician, was institutionalized with schizophrenia. He discovered game theory, and I emphasize discovered because I feel those inclined to gifted thinking aren’t creating things but discovering what it is that already holds our universe together. Mathematics is one of those things...

Strong evidence for me that schizophrenia isn’t an illness, per say, but that what is perceived/experienced through the mind makes ones behavior and reactions to the world difficult to interpret and deal with for others.

edit on 5-6-2019 by SouthernGift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic
This is a new one for me since I never heard of it. I know Autism Spectrum Disorder, but Schizophrenia Spectrum Disease, never heard of it.

It is essentially a new way for psychiatrists to make money by making anyone else that doesn't have a mental disorder now have one.

Specifically targeting young adults.

Schizophrenia and the other psychotic disorders are some of the most impairing forms of psychopathology, frequently associated with a profound negative effect on the individual’s educational, occupational, and social function. Sadly, these disorders often manifest right at time of the transition from adolescence to adulthood, just as young people should be evolving into independent young adults. The spectrum of psychotic disorders includes schizophrenia, schizoaffective disorder, delusional disorder, schizotypal personality disorder, schizophreniform disorder, brief psychotic disorder, as well as psychosis associated with substance use or medical conditions.

Here is your lesson!

Linking new adults with Big Pharma so they can guinea pig the 10 year side effects of their product is a psychologist's job, after all...

As an added bonus they are targeting the people that don't believe what the fake news is pushing as a world-view.

Got to get to THOSE people s soon as possible!

edit on 5-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:48 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

When a person does not believe accepted consensus of the time they qualify as having skitzo Spectrum disorder.

Now I understand the flat earth cult.

As for ATS’ers I think there’s a difference between belief and questioning .

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
When a person does not believe accepted consensus of the time they qualify as having skitzo Spectrum disorder. So another words, everyone here at ATS has the disorder. I do not believe evidence that is not even relative to what it is applied to. So, I guess I am skitzo.

I'm right there with you. If a person doesn't vanish after I'm done talking to them they aren't real.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SouthernGift
I have done vast research on both schizophrenia and autism...

I am commenting to follow the convo.

When they made the new edition of DSM V (2012ish?) they recategorized a whole bunch of “mental illnesses” giving them a spectrum scale rather than individualized descriptions. Which lumps a lot of it together.

I personally believe schizophrenia is the brains barriers breaking down between the unseen world and what normal people have “protecting” them from seeing and experiencing some of it.

Disclaimer: that viewpoint pisses a lot of people off. But I’m not here to fight. I am not a medical professional. I find the topic of schizophrenia interesting, there are studies that show that the schizophrenic does not fall for “illusions” that most “normal” people do. Let me see if I can find a link.

link

link 2

In the hollow mask illusion, viewers perceive a concave face (like the back side of a hollow mask) as a normal convex face. The illusion exploits our brain's strategy for making sense of the visual world: uniting what it actually sees — known as bottom-up processing — with what it expects to see based on prior experience — known as top-down processing.

The next paragraph is what leads me to believe what I do about the “veil” between worlds being lifted, in the illness, if you will :

Schizophrenics aren't the only ones who see the concave face — people who are drunk or high can also 'beat' the illusion. A similar disconnect between what the brain sees and what it expects to see may be occurring during these drug-induced states.

John Nash, (read: a beautiful mind. Or there’s a movie.) who was a very gifted mathematician, was institutionalized with schizophrenia. He discovered game theory, and I emphasize discovered because I feel those inclined to gifted thinking aren’t creating things but discovering what it is that already holds our universe together. Mathematics is one of those things...

Strong evidence for me that schizophrenia isn’t an illness, per say, but that what is perceived/experienced through the mind makes ones behavior and reactions to the world difficult to interpret and deal with for others.

Its my understanding that it is a brain disease and not an illness. Risperdal takes about 4 years of every day use to be effective, continue use is advise. The most dangerous 2 side effects if you stop taking are: suicide temptations and sudden death. Also I've always felt it contained a micro-dot of '___'.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yes, it is one of the few “mental disorders” for lack of a better word, that will actually show up on an MR with reduced gray matter volume visible comparative to normal subjects. This is in contrast to things that are diagnosed strictly based on a set of behaviors and symptoms described by the patient and/or those who interact with them.

The parasite t. ghondi carried in cats has been implicated as one contributing cause to developing the disease.... as has drug use

It was originally called dementia praecox and thought to be an early onset dementia In the early 1900’s - shares much in common with that disease as well.

I have no understanding or experience with the medications used to treat it, fortunately for myself, unfortunately as I have nothing to add to that part of the convo.

I with a reply to: musicismagic

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I've never heard of a spectrum before, but I was diagnosed Schizoaffective.

The best way I can describe the experience is being completely aware of the subconscious mind of not only yourself, but of others as well.

It's very overwhelming at times and delusional episodes can be terrifying because there is no filter between you and raw, unfettered Experience.

Humans aren't meant to be aware of such things on a waking scale.

Being awake while dreaming is not always a pleasant matter, because you can't wake up from the nightmare.

I'm on a regime of Haldol right now and it takes the edge off considerably but it also has a nasty side effect of messing with my heart. I already have arrhythmia and the Haldol has pushed my resting heart rate up to 130 bpm.

There is a strong chance of lapsing back into delusional mind frames with surrogate medications, so I'm a bit nervous as to where the medication change will take me in the future.

If I can be of any insight in this thread, please don't hesitate to ask.

edit on 6/5/19 by GENERAL EYES because: formatting for clarity

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:54 PM
link   
That was a great description, and I’m inclined to feel as though I understand how terrifying the rawness you describe can be... anyone can reach what they call psychosis under the right conditions, those with schizophrenia just seem not to need any particular conditions from the external to push them there... as if it’s wired in the brain just to be that way..so, apologies as I should have included that The condition can be debilitating to the one having the experience as well.... I get hung up on the callous treatment of Sufferers by society and forget that the experience itself can be terrifying without any help from the outside world.

I think though, too, that bits of the condition could offer insight into existence that can be and is for some a unique gift that can reconcile the different perceptions in ways such as those brilliant but sometimes troubled minds have brought to the table.

Thin line between madness and genius, is the phrase that stands out.

a reply to: GENERAL EYES

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: SouthernGift

I've read most psychophamaca make your brain shrink if you use them too long. So you can't use that as proof the disorder has any root in the body.
There's no blood test for schizophrenia. That's pretty telling. The problem is the therapy is nothing but chemicals, because nobody will/wants to listen to a schizo. Imagine after an hour they would start to make sense...the horror.

"They" have used psychology as a way to remove everybody from society they consider dangerous to social peace.
And of course one always has to consider some are really suffering from it, but even among them for most the drugs don't work, they just make you Ill and weak.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:26 AM
link   

We used to call them shamans...

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Sorry to hear that you put your life at risk to find relief. If I were you (and/or you start waking up to see they're killing you) I'd turn to Dr. Mary Jane instead. CBD to see if that's enough, and if not you can see from which percentage of THC you start to feel good. Keep a diary so you can observe your own thoughts.
It's not an illness if you don't suffer.
But it's of course your decision.

Having said that, I am always interested in hearing stories about weird # so just give us an overview what's the story? What was your delusion? Jesus? Or was it just random hallucinations?

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Sorry to hear that you put your life at risk to find relief. If I were you (and/or you start waking up to see they're killing you) I'd turn to Dr. Mary Jane instead. CBD to see if that's enough, and if not you can see from which percentage of THC you start to feel good. Keep a diary so you can observe your own thoughts.
It's not an illness if you don't suffer.

But it's of course your decision.

My state recently made medical available.

Unfortunately, my condition isn't covered by the bylaws.

I'd love to give Medical Marijuana a try, but the general consensus is that the psychoactive properties might cause the psychosis to resurface.

Having said that, I am always interested in hearing stories about weird # so just give us an overview what's the story? What was your delusion? Jesus? Or was it just random hallucinations?

Voices mostly. They would talk about a plethora of subjects and narrate constantly.

The delusions were mainly Big Brother, Covert Operations, Aliens and Cults.

I was hospitalized over twenty times things got so far spun out.

Haldol (even with it's risks) has more or less stopped all of it.

My heart just can't take it anymore.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   

How bad is it? Were you at risk harming anyone?
I hate to tell you "Big Brother, Covert Operations, Aliens and Cults" are real.
The hearing voices thing might not be coming from inside you, but is what resonates from our shared subconsciosness.

Do you have family? Is there someone you trust and who could get you to a hospital in case of emergency?

It's just I think you can live with some weird ideas, you can't without a functioning heart. It's highly unethical in my book the doctors put your life at risk. Try something else, quickly.

edit on 6-6-2019 by Peeple because: add

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:12 AM
link   
That is enlightening, yes, that perhaps we would need
To know whether the subject in question had
Already been taking chemicals and that the significant differences in the brain matter weren’t caused from those chemicals, yes.

I want to clarify that I didn’t intend to cause any harm In my statements. I think some ‘parts’ of the schizophrenic experience can be found in other varying mental states.... and that perhaps it need to be ostracized and outcried as damaged human beings less, and that more should seek to discover what it is about the overlap in these traits I am speaking of.

It is simply that the mentally ill drown in the same waters in which the mystic swim. Or something like that. There was a quote that floated around once.

I am in agreement about the chemicals as well as the desperate attempt at painting some as unfit for life and society when in fact it is the system they’ve set up that ensures an experience such as we’re speaking about should fail to get along easily if at all.

By having conversations non judgmental and with the attitude that we want to learn something, I think we can get ahead of the medical communities agenda and reestablish the purpose of such traits and steer them in the positive direction I think they might’ve been intended to exist.

Sorry if this is choppy, I haven’t had my coffee. Unfortunately I’m not 100% chemical free
Are any of us? Lol

a reply to: Peeple

edit on 6-6-2019 by SouthernGift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   

A British doctor says Omega 3 helps. All I'm saying is before we use aggressive chemicals we should be sure there wouldn't be much more harmless possibilities.
Hail to the vegetables hail to all plants!
Whatever we have I'm sure Nature has a thing for it. Let's try that first.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:25 AM
link   
General eyes, in reference to your statement about Big a brother- I just have to ask/

What makes you think your beliefs about there being a entity such as the government spying on you are delusions? Because to be honest I’ve come to the conclusion it’s true. Paranoia is the first symptom usually listed on the web about the condition as well as the most common descriptions in stories.

We’re finding out that a lot of “big brother” is actually the truth. How do we reconcile this fact, would you say?

I’ve been sitting in drs offices waiting... staring at the walls and lost in thought.... and there have been moments where I’ve entertained that “this is it”
When they come back, they’re dragging me off, for being a conspiracy theorist, for knowing and saying too much (I’m a pretty open in the real world CT, not just online, this part is actually new to me, the posting) and though I’ve been able to stop and reel myself back to “reality” I couldn’t help but realize that it’s quite easy to take your own beliefs about something and personalize them to the point where I guess for lack of a better description, the world really is revolving around you, so to speak.

Is the difference in getting stuck and not being able to rationalize yourself back out?

I apologize for the curiosity. Reconciling why they want to categorize and delegitimize those who “naturally see the truth” which as far as the big picture goes is just that there’s an agenda to control the reality we see... and a great deal of it is an illusion after all...

How can we reconcile the truth of the condition to the lies put out to cover up the wrongs of the establishment?

I am also sorry to hear that the medication hurts your heart. I hope that you find a way to function at optimal capacity.

CBD oil is something I would also recommend, for what it’s worth.it only just became legal this year in Alabama, so I’m new to that bandwagon. But so far so good.

Up at 4 am with a power outage and storms here.

It’s already calmed my nerves.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Is it only the big brother part that's worrying you? They're harmless in comparison to what's really wrong in the world.
We're all playing a game but nobody really knows whom we're playing with/and/or against, what the objective is, or even what kind of game it is.
Can you say you're free from bias?
Because trust me after all I know there's some weird # going on. And big brother is really just watching. They're taking pictures and stare at all the "accidents". There's something alien in the air.
Am I the alien? Are you? Are we alien-nation?
I'm born and raised Earth, I love this planet.
We humans demand nothing more than free people, free choices, free information.
I know big brother. That's maybe not the really big issue here.

posted on Jun, 6 2019 @ 05:00 AM
link   
As a child of a Schizophrenic mother I can, at least attest to fact that it's an awful thing to live with.
I remember my mother thinking the neighbours were talking about her and holding a glass to the wall for 4 hours.
I remember her throwing things at me because, as a child, I would ask for things and the voices told her I wanted it all.
I remember she told me that her absolute ideal place to be would be a white room, with one chair in the middle, no sound no windows.
She often times just stares at the wall for hours on end, inwardly arguing with something in her mind.

Schizophrenia is similar to OCD in a lot of ways, intrusive images and whatnot. It's a horrible, horrible thing to go through.
OCD people can be cured, I'm wondering if there's hope for my mother.

She also told me that electric shock therapy actually helped her. Take from that what you will.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join