It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nuclear incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I dont know if this is the right place to post this but if it isnt can a mod please move it to its apropriae place?

I was wondering, what do you think the reaction from the west would be if say a nuke went off in a large city like....NY or Nonol ( london for all of you non red dwarfers) or paris or berlin..?

I personally have no idea, this is why I am asking what do you guys think?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
If it was launched from an aggressing nation then im sure the western public would fully expect us to retaliate in the same way!
And even if the public didnt respond that way, i think Bush/Blair would go tactical nuclear against whoever it was! I know i would want them to!

If on the other hand it was detonated inland by say a terrorist group, then excuse the french but we'd be fooked!!!

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Well if it were a terrorist attack and it got past the border security and was detonated in London then we would have limited options.

The odds of a terrorist nuclear bomb is very low, there is more chance of a dirty bomb which would vastly damage the economy and the capital population.

We couldn't retaliate in the normal way of bombing the hell out of the country or simply nuking it, we would have to hunt down the terrorist group, but such an act could force the Government into declaring extreme temporary laws.

eg
Curfew
Check points
Freeze Borders
Arrest accociated with terror group

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Could Marshall law be implemented in the UK in the case of a dirty/nuclear expolsion?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Could Marshall law be implemented in the UK in the case of a dirty/nuclear expolsion?

With Blair as our leader what do you think...

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Does the military decide when to implement the law or would Blair have to do it?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by MickeyDee
Does the military decide when to implement the law or would Blair have to do it?

It will have to be the Government, if it were the military without Government then I'm guessing it would be classed as a military cou (spelling :puz

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Say Marshall law was implemented, and that would be classed as a coup, who would take charge once the terrorist threat had been dealt with?
Would power be handed back to Blair/Labour party, or would the military be able to decide who was to run the country???

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Sry double post.

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
The government goes to a "coaltion" gov.
Meaning all the parties join together to make the government and the military takes orders from them.
If they placed a military man in power then yes that is a coup.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
But when the problem is solved, would it go back to Blair/Labour or would there be an election?

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
If it is an attack from a nations government, that nation will cease to exist.

If it is a terrorist attack, it depends what country is hit.

If it is France, very little will happen. They will huff and puff, but I doubt they do much else then in act whatever FEMA type thing they have and close off the boarders as best they can.

If it is Germany or UK, there will be some investigation and if they can find out who did it, they will prosecute the enemy.

If it is the US that is attacked, I would give the entire middle East about 5 years untill it is ALL controled by the US.

new topics

top topics

join