It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are shallow people actually matrix NPC´s

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I had a crazy thought the other day.

Anyone that has played role-play computer games have met NPC´s ("non-player characters"). These are characters in the game that you often can interact and have a dialog with, but they are completely artificial and you´re not interacting with a human but a computer program. The interaction with an NPC can be pretty good at the beginning, but after a while the dialog may repeat itself, become very shallow, or the NPC goes silent altogether once it runs out of dialog.

That got me thinking the other day. If we really live in a computer simulated reality, a Matrix of sorts, there may be NPC´s in our world that have (for the lack of a better word) no soul, but is rather completely artificial. I swear, I have met many shallow people that would fit the description - dialog with them may seem interesting at first, but soon you realize that they have no depth in their characters and you run out of things to talk about - just like in role-play computer games.

So, could it be that if we live in a computer simulation, a Matrix of sorts, that many of the shallow people we interact with inside the matrix are NPC´s? A crazy though, but perhaps worth discussing?

-MM

edit on 5-6-2019 by MerkabaMeditation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaMeditation

Could be,

Another option is that we are not born with a "soul", but it has to be formed, shaped, and nurtured, If one does not do this, one is going to end up being an empty husk.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MerkabaMeditation

Anyone that has played role-play computer games have met NPC´s ("non-player characters"). These are characters in the game that you often can interact and have a dialog with, but they are completely artificial and you´re not interacting with a human but a computer program. The interaction with an NPC can be pretty good at the beginning, but after a while the dialog may repeat itself, become very shallow, or the NPC goes silent altogether once it runs out of dialog.

That got me thinking the other day. If we really live in a computer simulated reality, a Matrix of sorts, there may be NPC´s in our world that have (for the lack of a better word) no soul, but is rather completely artificial. I swear, I have met many shallow people that would fit the description - dialog may be interested at first, but soon you realize that they have no depth in their characters - just like in role-play computer games.

So, could it be that if we live in a computer simulation - a Matrix of sorts - and that many of the shallow people we interact with inside the matrix are NPC´s? A crazy though, but perhaps worth discussing?

-MM

Star and flag for an original thought. Very interesting.

Most of the NPCs seem to work for the government in some capacity.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Anyone that has played role-play computer games have met NPC´s ("non-player characters").

Human beings are not machines. Machines are designed. Machines can only do what they are designed to do. The essence of life is becoming more than your original limitations either through culture or genetics.

The idea we live in a Matrix is pure delusion. It's just that the Matrix model happens to coincide with the limitations of human language. What reality is cannot be expressed well with words. We do not live in a clockwork Universe although its the only model people are willing to accept because human language best supports it.

One thing that is always true about nature is that nature turns out to be so much stranger than anything we could have possibly imagined. But most people just keep projecting words mean more than they actually do. Words are not the reality they represent. The word "reality" is not reality.

Every human being who can talk is a million times more complicated and interesting than any program typed into a computer system.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Anyone that has played role-play computer games have met NPC´s ("non-player characters").

Human beings are not machines. Machines are designed. Machines can only do what they are designed to do. The essence of life is becoming more than your original limitations either through culture or genetics.

The idea we live in a Matrix is pure delusion. It's just that the Matrix model happens to coincide with the limitations of human language. What reality is cannot be expressed well with words. We do not live in a clockwork Universe although its the only model people are willing to accept because human language best supports it.

One thing that is always true about nature is that nature turns out to be so much stranger than anything we could have possibly imagined. But most people just keep projecting words mean more than they actually do. Words are not the reality they represent. The word "reality" is not reality.

Every human being who can talk is a million times more complicated and interesting than any program typed into a computer system.

We are organic machines...

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

No, in most cases they're called Americans from the ages of 12 to 50 years old - in my experience.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   

In a galaxy, far far away, there was a huge building complex, with a large basement section for a laundry room, in the darkness, waited an old man, must have been there before the building,, Anyway,

He stood completely still, and in silence, in the pitch black, then when someone entered that dungeon of a basement, and switch on the lights, it was like magic, the old man started moving and talking, then as the automated system switched the lights off, the old man came to a sudden halt, and remained stationary until the next person entered the space once again.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Have you ever looked at language and thought process?

Very interesting subject, in order to speak a foreign language, you have to change the thinking process also, because there are millions of subtle, tiny details in languages and the psyche,

Speaking is thinking.

If you want to speak french, you have to think like one also.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: solve

Could be,

Another option is that we are not born with a "soul", but it has to be formed, shaped, and nurtured, If one does not do this, one is going to end up being an empty husk.

I agree.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Wouldn't it depend on the quest and the reward they give if there any at all. And wouldn't shallow people be like farming creeps for exp, although they are so shallow you don't get much after the previous level up?

Is there really a Cow Level?
edit on 5-6-2019 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:17 PM
link   
ignore
edit on 5/6/2019 by nerbot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated

Strange, I thought it was people who vote Republican because of their devotion to party is like brain washed programming.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

Weird... all the ones I've met. From college level intellectuals, to engineers, office workers, and day laborers, seem to be age 50-70.

Anyone younger seem to just be products of the system the age range referenced set-up for them to live under. Influenced by TV shows and pop-culture that said age range all green lighted. Affected by the government that is essentially run by that age group.
edit on 5-6-2019 by Jacksonsman1 because: Clarity

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Same could be said for anyone that is trapped with in the two-party, my team/your team mindset.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:27 PM
link   
I’ve had that same exact thought before. But it’s a bad thought, don’t linger on it. Shallow people are just underdeveloped and immature in the spiritual aspect. But when we think of them of NPCs we are literally dehumanizing them. And if we don’t keep those thoughts away we let our narcissism win

link   

It's kind of weird that you are claiming the NPC meme as your own and thought of it the other day. Hasn't the NPC meme been a thing on the chans for a year or two now??

link   

It's kind of weird that you are claiming the NPC meme as your own and thought of it the other day. Hasn't the NPC meme been a thing on the chans for a year or two now??

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:28 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Are shallow people actually matrix NPC´s

No...they are just quantumly entangled with matrix NPC´s...

edit on 5-6-2019 by ShadowChatter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

originally posted by: Edumakated

Strange, I thought it was people who vote Republican because of their devotion to party is like brain washed programming.

Most ironic post I've seen in a while.

Cool OP. S&F

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join