It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Battleships near Venezuela Coasts

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I just wonder if we are testing the waters off the coast of Ven.

I feel that in the near future, a panama type invasion will happen in the land of Hugo Chaves, to secure the flow of oil from Ven and to remove a mad man from the Americas.

In regards to the Battleship thing, a guess any military ship could be considered a ship of battle and thats what I think the article was refering too.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
No doubt sorry I was not clear. From a distance, to me there are some similarities to the Brit Carriers, but they are USN all the way.

Yeah the size thing does that.
But I have to do this ***jumps up on desks and does victory dance!***
"Yes ! I got the answer right!"

Trivia for you, they are the biggest object to move over land as they are built in the Ingals shipyard.

Lol, cool.
Would be interesting to see.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
One minor point, devilwasp. The USMC has no ships or Medical Corpsmen, for that matter. The ships are the Navy's and the Corpsmen are on loan to us from the Navy. However, we treat the Corpsmen as our own, only better.

posted on Mar, 3 2005 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
The remaining Iowa class vessels are actually moveing beyond the mothball designation, and the U.S. Navy is actually looking to place them in port cities as Museums. The Iowa's #2 turret was actually never repaired. The only nation that has anything close is the Russian Navy with thier Kirov class Battlecruiser and the last I heard of it, a Russian Admiral described it as a floating nuclear bomb cause of all the problems.

Damn you beat me to it!

Battleships? Cool, I hear that one of the Iowa class could be readied in 90 days if need be, but manning her would be a chore but I bet the volunteers who sailed her would jump at the chance!!

Originally posted by Seekerof
Look, to Venezuela, anything that carries two or more guns is considered a "battleship."
seekerof

thats funny!

Beautiful isn't she?

[edit on 3-3-2005 by edsinger]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofLook, to Venezuela, anything that carries two or more guns is considered a "battleship."

Don't be so arrogant..
I'm quite sure that there are knowledgable Venezuelian army officers that could prove you wrong.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Exclusive pic of the "battleship" seen off the Venezuelan coast:

Edit: Picture removed.

[edit on 4-3-2005 by TheBandit795]

[edit on 4-3-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
One minor point, devilwasp. The USMC has no ships or Medical Corpsmen, for that matter. The ships are the Navy's and the Corpsmen are on loan to us from the Navy. However, we treat the Corpsmen as our own, only better.

Same as the RMC, except for ocean and the raiders and stuff they own.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Did anyone think that there might have been a wrong translation?? In some languages the term "Military" is translated as "Battle" So you take MIlitary Ship and it translates to Battle Ship

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I think what they were trying to say is warship. It's been a fun discussion, but clearly the article presents two problems--one of translation, the other of credibility.

posted on Mar, 4 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
There might be a problem with translation but there is hardly any with credibility. The USS Saipan is in Curacao (may be gone already by now) and Venezuela saw that as a threat. It's just a case of tensions being high between the U.S. and Venezuela.

The picture on Pravda is a photograph taken on Curacao, which is verified on the Amigoe.com website. (Amigoe is an Antillean newspaper)

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 07:52 AM
link   

(posted by TheBandit795)
Ahh Na Korsow nan ta anto.

Nos ta papia papiamento.

(posted by WyrdeOne)
There was a hint of some bad blood between Venezuela and Columbia, perhaps there is more to that conflict - soon to be played out.

(posted by SIRR1)
I feel that in the near future, a panama type invasion will happen in the land of Hugo Chaves, to secure the flow of oil from Ven and to remove a mad man from the Americas.

Your local ATS war correspondent reporting from down here in Bogotá, Colombia:

1) If it has an o after the ell it's the country, if it's a u it's the British thing up there somewhere near Alaska or Siberia, or the thing that shuttles back and forth.

2) The tension between Vnz. and Col. has to do with the fact that the present Colombian President is an ultraconservative, aggressive, tyrannical landowner with links to the paramilitaries, whose leaders own large farms that surround the lands of the President and protect him from the guerrillas.

3) The U.S. Gov't. has a habit of calling "madmen" all political leaders that follow policies that are not to its liking. Vnz. has found in Chávez someone that has finally had the nerve to stand up to the thieving ruling élite that has been siphoning off oil money to its numbered accounts in Swiss banks for decades and impoverishing its fellow countrymen, somewhat like the Duvalier dynasty and its Tonton Macouts used to do, or the Trujillo family in the Dominican Rep., or the Somozas in Nicaragua, or Fernando Marcos in the Philippines. The struggle in Vnz. boils down to a struggle between Chávez and this mob that has always controlled PEDEVESA (Petroleos de Venezuela Sociedad Anónima) for its own profit and enjoyment.

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Good luck explaining that to the anti-chavistas here on the forum.

btw... Di Aruba bo ta?

[edit on 6-3-2005 by TheBandit795]

posted on Mar, 6 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
No, but I am an honorary Frisian, since this is what my "Paspoart Foar Fryslan" says: "Dit passpoart is binammen ornearre foar net-Friezen. Foar minsken dy't it net oan wol, dat hja samar, sunder freegjen, it beste lan fan d'ierdeynkomme kinne. Dy't toloarsteld weze soene as hja it gefoel krigen, dat al dat moaije , dat wetter, dy dunen, dy kleare loften etc. etc. etc."

Furthermore, me and my fellow Frisian conspirators are planning on seceding and taking over the oil refineries in the Dutch West Indies as soon as our OPEP allies, including Venezuela, are ready to cast the die. In fact, those amphibious assault ships got in the way and we had to postpone the operation, but not for long. You are advised to move to the mainland posthaste. Discretion is desirable. This is a friendly warning.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join