It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alabama mayor calls for killing out LGBTQ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

It is getting attention because it is bat crap crazy and bat crap crazy stuff gets clicks..
edit on 5-6-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: Hefficide

Agreed, a mayor or council leader calling for final solutions anywhere in the west makes frontpage international news. So far he's been allowed to keep his job and tried to defend the comments, which has caused the story to spread wider.

It'd be much cooler if the mayor had said it while in "black-face".
edit on 5-6-2019 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: projectvxn
Y'all realize the media is blowing up an idiot from a town of 2000 people right?

This is hardly a significant story and this yokel is hardly important in the scheme of things.

You have to wonder why this is getting the attention that it is.

You know exactly why it's getting the attention that it is. Because he said something "mean spirited" about LBTGIFMDSQ.

I don't think so. I think it would get attention if any mayor called for murder of any group.

Right, but he didn't call for the murder of gays.

Malik Shabazz wasn't a Mayor, but he called for the death of white people and white babies "you want freedom, you gonna have to kill some crackers" and the only way to find it is to search for the video of it because no news agencies would pick it up. Lots of other cases on groups like that calling for the death of whites that go unnoticed. After video surfaced, the DOJ picked it up and then dropped all charges against him. Of course that doesn't make it right to call for the murder of anyone else, but I don't feel like this guy called for the murder of gays. If he did, he'll be forced to step down.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Everywhere has a ton of gay people.. by the math 3/100.. lol

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

Even in the video you have the ghetto people walking by eye rolling him...

Is he even actually affiliated with the black panthers?!?!

Looks like a random hobo yelling nonsense to me.. not the head of a mutimillion dollar organization..

Unless the black panthers are presently only as influential as a hobo yelling on the corner and they are no longer a multimillion dollar organization..
edit on 5-6-2019 by JustJohnny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

I think it's getting attention because Alabama is getting attention.

No one would have ever given a crap about what this moron had to say on the matter had the media not been crawling around Alabama looking for juicy stories to beat Alabama over the head.

Remember that Alabama recently passed an abortion law that is making liberals very angry about not being able to kill babies.

That's exactly right. I doubt the media gives two sharts about what this guy posted, they just need click bait to make the whole state look bad.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:20 AM
link   

The media/net likes click bait...

The fact the majority comes from rightwing religious types spouting nonsense is coincidental..

They spout a lot of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: bastion
a reply to: Hefficide

Agreed, a mayor or council leader calling for final solutions anywhere in the west makes frontpage international news. So far he's been allowed to keep his job and tried to defend the comments, which has caused the story to spread wider.

How do you know, without a doubt, that he isn't telling the truth about what he meant when he said it? There's a reason he hasn't been questioned or forced to leave his position yet. But I assure you the liberals will make sure it happens regardless of what he meant. That's their goal for anyone who doesn't think like them.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:22 AM
link   

they just need click bait to make the whole state look bad.

At this point I don't think Alabama needs any help in that respect.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I’m not sure that’s what he did..

There are plenty of other interpretations..

Does that mean some yokel from his flock won’t take it as a hint??

Hell no..

But he could have been addressing the futility of fighting the lgbt tide..

“It is useless to fight it because the only way to stop it is .... ..... and we know that’s not an option.”

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Carbon Hill? Really?

The position of Mayor in Carbon Hill, like most small towns around here, is part time. He probably draws a couple grand a year from being Mayor. My bet is that he works somewhere else. I knew one Mayor of a town near me pretty well; he was the janitor where I worked at the time.

Carbon Hill is just off the main drag (I-22 I think?) between Memphis and Birmingham. While the Interstate was being worked on, that section was one of the last to be completed and I drove a truck through it regularly. If memory serves, they don't even have a traffic light. Downtown is two blocks on the main street. This Mayor is speaking for nobody but himself, and after this he likely won't be Mayor any more.

What exactly is it with people thinking that a small place like Carbon Hill speaks for an entire state anyway? When something stoopid happens in California, all I hear is "don't pick on California just because we have an idiot." When it happens in Alabama, it's obviously a direct insight into everyone here. Really?

Besides, he clarified his remarks. He claims he intended to mean those who are pushing a political agenda, not all gays. He was responding to a (factually accurate) concern about fringe groups dictating policy. Fine. I can accept that. He still needs to shut up if he can't stop sticking his foot in his mouth to his chest. You want your couple grand a year, don't go talking about killing anyone. Duh.

What would people do if they didn't have someone to hate?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Christians love a redemption story..

They forgive pastors who do insane things regularly..

Isn’t Haggard still preaching after his gay meth binge??

All those prosperity doctrine guys...

Sheep back their preacher..

I mean flock.. not sheep.. err.. lol

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Great point..

The mayor of my old town drove a bread truck as his day job..

These small town situations are offer “whenever would do it..

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

Even in the video you have the ghetto people walking by eye rolling him...

Is he even actually affiliated with the black panthers?!?!

Looks like a random hobo yelling nonsense to me.. not the head of a mutimillion dollar organization..

Unless the black panthers are presently only as influential as a hobo yelling on the corner and they are no longer a multimillion dollar organization..

Yeah you're right. Malik is just some hobo.

Malik Zulu Shabazz (born Paris Lewis in 1966) is an American attorney. He has previously served as Chairman of the New Black Panther Party. As of 2013, he is the current National President of Black Lawyers for Justice, which he co-founded.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:29 AM
link   

I lived in Alabama for a short while (not something I admit in public)

You just did.

So here's an idea: why don't you keep your snooty little hiney somewhere else? If you didn't like it down here, chances are good we didn't like you being here.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Have they started throwing lgbt people off of roofs there yet?
Offense to words>Offense to actions?
Yeah the words are always much much worse.....

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JustJohnny

The media/net likes click bait...

The fact the majority comes from rightwing religious types spouting nonsense is coincidental..

They spout a lot of nonsense.

There are just as many agnostics and atheists who feel the same way about the gay lifestyle as Christians do. I know that doesn't serve well in your quest to bash religion so you ignore it, but you look frivolous claiming this is due to "right wing religious" types.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: JustJohnny

The mayor of my old town drove a bread truck as his day job..

One town recently had a mayor arrested for DWI and assaulting a police officer. Apparently "Slick" (his real nickname; I know him) took a swing at one of the cops. I also know the city that arrested him and the cops they have... not smart. Not smart at all!

He drove a wrecker for his day job. Good thing, too; he wasn't Mayor next election.

The thing that burns my biscuits is that this is being presented as representative of the whole state.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I lived in Alabama for a short while (not something I admit in public)

You just did.

So here's an idea: why don't you keep your snooty little hiney somewhere else? If you didn't like it down here, chances are good we didn't like you being here.

TheRedneck

Wouldn't break my heart if they didn't like me, shows I'm doing something right

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

they just need click bait to make the whole state look bad.

At this point I don't think Alabama needs any help in that respect.

Dude, you're in Seattle. With 100 being the safest, Seattle's crime rate is a 3. That's like Nancy Pelosi telling Maxine Waters she's ugly and her district is in shambles.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join