It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cloudy Day on Mars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Or cloudy Sol, I suppose. Sol 2425. Mast Cam images:

Chemtrails!
edit on 4-6-2019 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Is that Blue Sky?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Or cloudy Sol, I suppose. Sol 2425. Mast Cam images:

Chemtrails!

I have never seen a up shot on Mars, at least I don't think so. Pretty cool. I don't know why but I didn't think Mars had clouds. lol I thought it was just dust storms galore.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualarchitect
Is that Blue Sky?

The images themselves are those black and white "screen door" shots that they like to upload. Is the sky on Mars blue? Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Awesome clouds on Mars! Martian cloud dynamics, looks windy up there, cool! Thank you for posting

edit on 6/4/2019 by Lr103 because: left out the part about how breezy it looks due to some shredded and some linear clouds

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   

You expanded my knowledge today... I never thought about clouds an mars.

Pretty cool!

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Nice.

Check out this animation of clouds on Mars by Thomas Appéré. Lot more cloud pics on his Flickr page.

MSL has been taking a lot of pics of clouds lately. I don't think any Mars mission has shown us this many clouds. Kinda makes you question if the known facts about Mars' atmosphere are correct.

vikingmars (who actually worked with the Viking Mars Mission) over at UMSF say's "Actually, and based on MPF cloud images taken before sunrise, the color view should look like this."

edit on 4-6-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualarchitect

Actually Mars' skies are yellow-brown and pink around images of the sun. C02 is colorless. The colors are caused by the very fine, reddish soil being kicked up by the winds.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: eManym

Good points, but I think there may be other factors involved. For one, are we talking about the day we land on Mars or a few weeks later after living there awhile? Human eyes would adjust to the red tint and filter it out. After some time Mars would look a lot more Earth like.

top topics

join