It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Popular German physicist Harald Lesch about Trumps Knowledge

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Harald Lesch is a German physicist, astronomer, natural philosopher, author, television presenter, professor of physics at the Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich (LMU) and professor of natural philosophy at the Munich University of Philosophy. Due to being one of the most influential German science communicators and coming from an astrophysics background, he can be compared to Neil deGrasse Tyson.

He is pretty popular in Germany (on all sides). In this video he fact-checks some of trumps statements. With subtitles.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-6-2019 by oloufo because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

I stopped when he explained that man-made climate change is a real thing.

So is this the best "scientist" the Germans have?

Or did we take all of the good ones after WW2?

To paraphrase Reagan, " Liberals are not stupid. They just believe in a lot of things that are not true."

edit on 4-6-2019 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Oh boy you really believe your excuse for entertaing the bias you have is "it's the truth". How do you know? Where is the proof? It's just your opinion but you want so desperately to be right you close your eyes put your fingers in your ears and go "no no no".
Why are you here if you are not open for arguments of "the other side" which have proof for their arguments? Without ever either understanding what is posted, or you are not reading, or just bleep out the uncomfortable parts, those against your bias.

And seriously you Need to name your other perceived enemy even here? Or is that somehow completely controlling your mind "the liberals..." is Earth only of concern for liberals? Are you not living in this planet, do you have another one or is this attitude like saying "the house falls apart but at least it's not burning down"?

+20 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Oh boy you really believe your excuse for entertaing the bias you have is "it's the truth". How do you know? Where is the proof? It's just your opinion but you want so desperately to be right you close your eyes put your fingers in your ears and go "no no no".
Why are you here if you are not open for arguments of "the other side" which have proof for their arguments? Without ever either understanding what is posted, or you are not reading, or just bleep out the uncomfortable parts, those against your bias.

And seriously you Need to name your other perceived enemy even here? Or is that somehow completely controlling your mind "the liberals..." is Earth only of concern for liberals? Are you not living in this planet, do you have another one or is this attitude like saying "the house falls apart but at least it's not burning down"?

I'm sorry I'm not a member of your church sweety.

However, you have the right to believe any kind of fantasy you want to.

Progressivism in America, however, should be the enemy of any patriotic American.

After all, that is about the only thing on the planet that will destroy us as a country.

And it is certainly trying to.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Where is the data to support your opinion? And you dare calling my opinion a church?
You don't even notice how messed up that is?

+13 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Where is the data to support your opinion? And you dare calling my opinion a church?
You don't even notice how messed up that is?

I'm going with the vast majority of actual climate change scientists who say that man-made global climate change is BS.

You are going with the 1% or so of "scientists" (half of them not even climatologists) that say man-made global climate change is real.

And the 99% of Progressive left politicians that really would like more control over what you spend, what you eat, how you live and how much money they can take from your pocket.

Your opinion is based off of a computer model and intentionally flawed data.

A theory.

So yes, your personal opinion of climate change is nothing more than a belief in something that has not been proven.

It's the Church of Gore and you are a card-carrying member of it.

Again, something you have every right to believe... freedom of religion and all that.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:06 PM
link   

You're making yourself look really bad. 97%

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:42 PM
link   

I am sorry Lumenari I have to tell you the simple truth is that Climate Change by human activity is a real phenomena including Global Warming, regional climate change through deforestation and industrial activity as well as habitation and of course pollution.

Here is a fact though as of the 80's or 90's (the estimated ratio will be different today) about 60 percent of atmospheric CO2 was emitted by natural sources but that still left about 40 percent form human activity.

Here is another one - we are supposedly in a period called and inter-glacial period, the ICE ages have not ended we are just in a warm period between Glacial period's.

As the sun ages it get's hotter over billion's of years and through natural process it could be as soon as half a billion years to a time when the earth is naturally too warm to ever have glaciation again, indeed it may be too warm for life as we know it by that point in time, it almost definitely shall by 2 billion years into the future.

But it is a FACT that human activity is accelerating climate change in a globally adverse manner, fine if we look after people but the economic's that trump represent's does not look after people only HIS people - can you blame the guy there, it does not make him a bad guy but it does mean that he may be making some decision's that might come back to haunt in the future, that might have serious repercussion's BUT the real threat to climate is actually Asia NOT america despite it's importance to the global consumer market place, Asia is still outputting some pretty nasty chemical's such as Western China still using massive amount's of BANNED by international agreement CFC's in production of insulation foam's etc which are still destroying the GLOBAL atmosphere, CHINA building stupid military bases on CORAL reef's destroying them in the process and killing off entire species of fish and depopulating fish stock's in the region due to the importance of reef's in the fish life cycle.

SO CHINA is a far more serious problem than some guy in charge of the US.

Peeple

Some Children DO have adverse reactions to vaccination's, the quality of the vaccination's is a matter - whom makes the money from them, most vaccination's these day's are radiation treated pathogen's weakened and made as unable to reproduce as possible, the injection can still cause a mild infection and the idea is that by exposing your immune system to them should you be infected by there natural cousin's you would already have anti body's in your system that would prevent you from becoming infected by the natural pathogen.

As you know sometime's people's immune system can over react, this can cause damage to the body including the brain and this may or may not be down to bad - poorly prepared (cost effective) vaccines or simply the natural reaction to the irradiated pathogen the body has which may be different to the way other people react to it in some people.

The problem is that while it may immunize the majority and prevent an outbreak that may or may not have occurred as a result of the adverse reaction to the vaccination the affected child can therefore develop health complication's including autism as a result of being exposed to the artificially altered pathogen included in the vaccine - AND they may or may not have been exposed to the natural pathogen in the real world which turns vaccination into a kind of Russian roulette now doesn't it.

On the one hand the disease has half or more a cylinder of bullets for the game of Russian roulette and on the other side the vaccine has less bullet's but if you are the unlucky one you still catch the bullet but either way some are going to suffer unless the disease was actually never going to strike anyway, there is no argument vaccination was a miracle of medicine that prevented pandemic's and saved literally millions' perhaps even billions of lives but this remain's a fact of the equation, some people will be made sick by the vaccine and some will be damaged, far less than would have been killed by an outbreak of the disease the vaccine is meant to address but still it remain's a gamble, odd's on it won't do you any harm but there is a slight chance you may be one of those that are susceptible to the damage it can cause.
Vaccines are about protecting society more than protecting the individual, by immunizing the population you prevent the outbreak from occurring anf for some the loss of a few lives is preferential to the loss of a lot of lives so it is the better of two choices under that pretext.

And then there was the whole scandal of the Gates Foundation and other's body's that were tainting vaccines in Africa with chemical's meant to chemically sterilize the vaccine's recipient's and cut the African birth rate without the permission of the people receiving the vaccination's, they have probably done this elsewhere as well and I should not be surprised if it turned out that the European's and American's had also suffered this illegal activity as it would definitely explain our falling birth rates.

Clean Coal, in Trump's defense he is half right, in England we have very good coal - we don't use it any more but it is among the best coal in the world, low sulfur content and clean burning - it still output's a hell of a lot of Carbon Dioxide that was trapped in the ancient wood though.
So in affect there is no CLEAN coal but there is CLEANER coal and DIRTIER coal, south American coal, Chinese coal and young coal in general tend to be dirtier due to higher sulfur content and other contaminant's that are released when it is burned.

All coal is a natural carbon store, if you want to burn coal cleanly there are two way's to do it, plant tree's to compensate for the coal you are burning or find a carbon capture technology that will filter the carbon dioxide from the coal and allow you to store or reuse it.

edit on 4-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Is it me...or does this guy sound like a Nazi?

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Oh cool you guys got a Bill Nye too?

lulzwaffle.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Well he is speaking the native tongue of the Nazis.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Well he is speaking the native tongue of the Nazis.

Figures.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Anyone who denies that human activity has not contributed to climate change is simply burying their dogmatic head in the sand.

And comparing this guy to a Nazi just because he is German just displays an amazing amount of ignorance.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Agreed, it however tragically funny if you just sit back and watch the lemming's run off there cliff.
Lemming' are not suicidal they follow a herd instinct running to a land that no longer exists were there ancestors long ago once found fresh food when there population had depleted the stock's available to them, the parallel's are obvious.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:07 PM
link   

I made it all the way to, there is no such thing as clean coal because if you pick it up it gets your hands dirty.

At that point my brain shut down. This is what the Germans call a scientist? If this is the best they have, we're going to have to reword the Polish jokes into German jokes...

"Why doesn't Germany have ice cubes? The guy who knew the recipe died."

TheRedneck

+5 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Multiple studies published in peer-reviewed scientific journals1 show that 97 percent or more of actively publishing climate scientists agree

From your link
What ? 97% of 8 ?
You have to be a kiddin me .
You are , and I wont call you Surely
Look at the bias in that statement
(bold by me)

Denying ignorance
Why ?
This one was too easy to resist

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

And comparing this guy to a Nazi just because he is German just displays an amazing amount of ignorance.

Who said he sounded like a Nazi because he is German?
That assumption is on you.

+9 more 
posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:15 PM
link   
We used to have immovable continents until the 1950s and then we didnt.

Stress used to cause ulcers until the 1980s and then it didnt.

Flouride is safe,,, wink wink...

How much of the above do you suppose was peer reviewed?

www.sciencemag.org...

www.statnews.com...

arstechnica.com...

www.researchgate.net...

Is our climate changing?
Definitely

Is man causing it?
Maybe

Will carbon taxes and replacing our fossil fuel usage with unreliable unicorn farts fix global warming?
Probably not

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Another one of the poor people who think the "97% consensus" is a thing.

I've used this link so many times that I have a hotkey for it for ATS AGW threads...

97 Articles Refuting The '97% Consensus' on global warming

Yet it seems that some people can't just click on the link, read through the articles...

And Deny Ignorance instead of Defining it.

The last thread where we discussed this I put the link on the first response post to the OP.

Didn't read it there either, did you...

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
Anyone who denies that human activity has not contributed to climate change is simply burying their dogmatic head in the sand.

Well of course human activity contributes to CO2 production, but how much, is the question. When i walk into an air conditioned house, my body temperature warms the ambient air ever so slightly.

So vague statements like that are what they use to increase the fear. You have to look at everything the media says as a riddle. It’s always twisted to have the maximum effect that will promote you to accept more gov control. Anyone who pays attention to history can easily point out the twists they spin.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join