It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Apple has revolutionized the game, proving to be a bastion of innovation.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:16 AM
link   
So Apple just had their yearly unveiling of what's to come. These events really have a Scientology vibe to me, the way the speaker drones on, and the OOO's and AHHHH's just give me the creeps.

That aside, they really did it this time. They have changed the game harder than when they released the Ipod or Iphone. Society, and culture may never be the same again.

Apple has come out with a 6K moniter. I'm pretty sure they found a way to materialize dreams into tangible products yea? 5 grand USD. Hefty price, but it's more than 4K, so a bit ahead of it's time, comes with a premium.... cool. If you buy it though, it doesn't come with anything to keep it propped up. So your options are to mount it or buy the stand.

That's right, 5 g's and the monitor doesn't come with the stand.

Hmmmm, seems like an error or something, whatever, what's the stand going to be, 40 bucks?

Nope, 1,000. That's right, 1,000 for something it should come with.

Here's the source, because it truly seems unbelievable.

Apple just sent a message. They think their customers are Dumbass's.

On the plus side, they include a polishing cloth for what I assume is to clean yourself after they bend you over.

edit on 4-6-2019 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Maybe you can use the monitors magnet mounting system for fishing:

Besides a monitor mounting system capable of magnet fishing, I heard iTunes is being discontinued.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:28 AM
link   

There are 8k tv's out now. What do you have, shares in Apple? Is this a sales pitch for that garbage? You like have everything you do and everywhere you go tracked? Do you pay for a dominatrix on the weekends if you can't get an apple fix?

Game changer? ROFL!

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

😐

I thought I was glaring with the sarcasm.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:33 AM
link   

The people who are buying apple products deserve this. That's all I can say. P

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

The people who are buying apple products deserve this. That's all I can say. P

Excellent point. It's only rape if there's no consent.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Anyone with a milling machine and an ebay account could start selling custom stands for half the price... and still make a hell of a profit margin.
Absolutely insane amount of markup.

Meanwhile, you can pick up an 8k screen from dell (ultrasharps arent bad screens at all) that comes with a stand for about 4k.
20% more k's, 20% fewer bucks.... and it comes with all the parts you need to use it!

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

😐

I was having fun with you :-) I saw your admonishments lol. I just can't stand their crap, it's annoying as hell. Just to remove Icloud, you have to force format the nand or replace it, load up ubuntu or debian, write a protected partition with an altered IMEI and then load the apple ware to put the sandbox back in place. Or, you can write the entire apple ware and all partitions to the nand with the new IMEI, solder it back in place and then do a restore on iTunes.

A lot of trouble to fix junk.

BTW, I own a cell phone, computer and electronics repair store. I have a few of these boat anchors and paperweights laying around.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 6/4.2019 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:47 AM
link   
It all really just proves that there is a market for anything. $1000 monitor stands, even I’m impressed by their #ery

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Lol, in the end it was I who got woooshed, and it went over my head.

And yes, having to partition a hard drive and essentially quarantine to get rid of something you don't want is a slap in the face.

They think very highly of themselves and their products.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:55 AM
link   

😐

Don’t think “glaring” with sarcasm is correct, brimming, overflowing, bloated, drowning, dripping, awash, smothered, crammed, infected, maybe stuffed
That’s enough I am sure, I thought you did just fine with the op

apple people will be picking them off the shop isles soon
No sarcasm just a silly pun

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Yes, another product from apple that embraces my creativity and individuality. I must have one.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Someone pointed out in Reddit you could make the stand out of silver for about double the cost.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Ooooooh! Aaaaaah!

Such amaze! Very wow!

Apple is doing what only their magicians can.. Coming out with a monitor that does what 8k does with 2k less! Its Apple, so we know that 6k from them is like 8k from everyone else. Right?

On a serious note, they have a helluva racket going. Their customers are so inculcated in their ecosystem that not only do they not know any different, they revel in it.

I think a few years ago, some arguments based on preferences had some merit. But at this point, I strongly recommend Apple fans check out the competition.

There are few companies that are as anti-consumer, from the convoluted repair side of things to the hardware itself to thermal throttling. This $1,000 "extra" (lol) is just par for the course.

Seriously, check out other stuff guise! Linux distros have come a very, very long way and can make ya feel quite at home. Windows gets a bad mojo, but I will freely admit I like W10.

If youd like a good laugh, check out TheVerge's attempt at a PC build guide video

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

There are 8k tv's out now. What do you have, shares in Apple? Is this a sales pitch for that garbage? You like have everything you do and everywhere you go tracked? Do you pay for a dominatrix on the weekends if you can't get an apple fix?

Game changer? ROFL!

Cheers - Dave

Either you didn't read the OP or sarcasm is lost on you.

Whichever it was it's very sad.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

I've always gotten Android phones as you have access to more third party capabilities.

Also, if you keep your eye out, there are special deals.

Last black Friday, I got my new phone (which I love) for 20 bucks a month for 18 months... It came with a 50' 4K TV for free. It was only open to new customers to the carrier which I already had, so I called them and told them to give me the deal. They said they couldn't because you have to be a new customer, I told them to cancel my contract and I just got a new one, lol.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:12 AM
link   

I was having fun with you :-)

Okay.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:20 AM
link   
If you don’t like them then don’t buy them. Personally, I love Apple products, but my work provides them for free so the cost doesn’t apply to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:28 AM
link   

And yes, having to partition a hard drive and essentially quarantine to get rid of something you don't want is a slap in the face.

They think very highly of themselves and their products.

This reminds me of when Itunes force fed their customers the new U2 album. That was awesome.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:32 AM
link   
"New phone can't fit the old charger, this is your hero?" - Bill Burr

In all seriousness, the up charge on specific Apple products is worth it. (Not all of their products. Peripherals and accessories is a deep margin area for them, where the innovation is few and far between.)

Full disclosure, I used to be employed by them, but, I only had a small amount of the Koolaid.

Apple products I have purchased since I worked for them listed here:

As I was saying though, anything they sell that has their software on it, could be worth it. Their demographic and target customer base fits very well, with their products and software.

I did tech support for them, and I remember speaking to a neurosurgeon one day. A legit brain doctor, literally about to go perform surgery on someone's brain... So, they mentioned what I wanted to ask.
"I am much smarter with the brain surgery, than I am with computer's, son. I buy Apple, because I don't have the time to learn this stuff."

It clicked. The guy literally was so engrossed with his career, the extra few minutes that it would take to learn some computer information on a PC from scratch, versus the equivalent on Apple, from scratch, are worth a lot more for some people.
Most PC companies at the time, had abysmal support.
Apple's tech support? Apple Care? The Genius Bar?
Over 90% Customer Satisfaction since the 1980's.
One of the best training courses in the world for call center tech support.
I was taking calls, from American Apple product owners. Where was I stationed? In America.
Not to be a braggart, but I had experience, some tech background already, and some related computer certifications. I was good at what I did, and when I left that job, I went out at the top.
Over 10,000 tickets, 93% Customer Satisfaction (per those stupid email surveys they send), and I kicked some serious tech support ass for that company.
Apple has some of the best software coders on the planet in their employment.
They make all their own internal tools, in house.
Let me put it this way, their support team is not using Salesforce or SAP front end UI. The software that I used to support customers? Overall, the vast majority of it, 100% coded by Apple internal, not some third party.

Where did I go? When I left?

To go provide support for a PC company.
Their training program? Non-existent.
Their support software? Laughter. No.
Their support rating. Laughter. No.

The Apple premium is a high cost. For some, it is genuinely worth it.

From scratch, if you tried to learn how to do typical everyday life actions on Mac OS vs Windows.
Seriously if you had no computer experience or background at all? Mac is made to be more intuitive, it's made to be fluid and easy to figure out with no computer knowledge, and if you're somehow still stuck? They have the best tech support on Earth for computer issues.

I'm not joking, I helped people that you'd be surprised were even using a computer.
One of my favorite tech calls under Apple, I helped a guy who was nearly quadriplegic, 90% blind, and trying to become a coder.
If I ever become any level of disabled, I will want Apple, every time. The disability and accessibility tools on Mac are waaaaay better than the default equivalents on Windows, and they're ready to go out of the box.
I had this guy's cursor enlarged to the max so he could see it, we had his screen contrast adjusted, it was like the guy could finally use his computer for the first time. By the end of the call, I could hear the tears in his voice. He was ecstatic, to finally be able to do this.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join