It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEGO NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander and Stranger Things Brick Sets now Available

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 10:46 AM
link   
LEGOs were my favorite toys until Star Wars action figures came out. I grew out of wanting to play with dolls based on movie characters, but my fondness for little plastic bricks has stayed with me all these years. The Space LEGO sets from the 1970's that I had were cool, but they didn't have any NASA vehicles like the Apollo 11 Lunar Lander! I admit: I am an adult and I want to buy the Lunar Lander set and play with it! I also hope that LEGO will release an Area 51 Sound Stage Set with Stanley Kubrick minifigure...

UNEDITED TITLE FROM SOURCE:LEGO NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander now available with stellar space patch promotion [News]
SOURCE

A new month means new LEGO sets on sale, with June seeing the launch of the recently announced 10266 NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander and general availability of 75810 Stranger Things The Upside Down. The Lunar Lander comes with 1,087 pieces and two minifigures for US $99.99 | CAN 139.99 | UK £84.99, and the Stranger Things set comes with 2,287 pieces and eight minifigures for US $199.99 | CAN $269.99 | UK £179.99.

Links are provided in the source article to purchase the sets directly from LEGO.
edit on 632019 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Legos were probably the toy I played with the most when I was a kid but they are to damn expensive.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:10 PM
link   
As the father of an 18 and 14 year old, I look back on those with horror. Building them wasn’t so bad, but the midnight land mines stepping on a lego barefoot. Horror!

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TexasTruth Those damned Lite Brite pegs and metal jacks were the worst.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: StreetGlide
metal jacks were the worst.

GD caltrops is all those are.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 09:46 PM
link   
You know LEGO stole there brick's and the whole lego idea from Kiddicraft, the story goes that the found of Lego ripped off the BRITISH invention and the guy that actually DID invent it had his company go bust and committed suicide as a result while the guy that stole his invention - including even the door's and window's made to go with the brick's as well as the block's of the Kiddicraft play set - went on to patent what he had in actually stolen.

www.todayifoundout.com...

I was more of a Meccano kid myself though now that was a toy.

edit on 3-6-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LABTECH767

I hadn't heard of Meccano, but I did have Erector sets- I now know that they are the same thing- Europe/US. Thanks for sharing the LEGO history- I seem to remember having watched a documentary at some point that spoke of this.

Other great building kits that I'm pretty sure made their way to Europe were Capsella and Ramagon. Ramagon had certain pieces that could link with LEGO so was part of the Interlego AG v Tyco Industries Inc court case.

new topics

top topics

join