It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is US debt really increasing?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: face23785

Does money even matter anymore?
If you want to eat and live, yes.

Didnt know you could eat money, i never ate any money, and i still live?

They only matter, because human beings, generally are pretty stupid.. Money is worth NOTHING, but we still use it to trade... No wonder the world is in a huge debt to someone or somebody....

Would you rather buy a car with chickens?
Money is a perfect way to trade merchandise.
The ability to borrow money is the problem.

I was thinking chickens aswell
Joking aside, in the old days you could get your moneys worth in gold. Money should be worth something, and in these global times, it should be worth exactly the same all over the world.
Couldnt money be worth time? one hour, could be worth $60 dollars or something like that.
And private banks shouldnt be the one generating them, and then lending them to us, we can NEVER repay our debt that way. I agree that borrowing money is a problem. Atleast it shouldnt be allowed to put interrest on a loan.

Ahh, a supporter of Communism I see. All time/labor is worth the same per hour.

By the way, there is not enough gold in the world (mined or in reserves) to cover the value of money in just the US much less the rest of the world. You could take every precious metal on earth plus all oil reserves in the world and that would just about get you to the value of USD out there, but everyone else would be left with nothing.

Backing currency with goods is not at all realistic.

You just made me spit my coffe
No, not a supporter of Communism, but youre properly right that iam not as much a of a full blown capitalist as you are

I believe in a free trade system, i just believe that what we got now, is rigged. So something needs to change, hopefully other more clever people than me, can figure out a solution before its to late. Cause what we have now, is destroying our world and is not sustainable.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: 3n19m470

originally posted by: Bluntone22

originally posted by: Arnie123

originally posted by: strongfp
a reply to: face23785

Does money even matter anymore?
If you want to eat and live, yes.

Didnt know you could eat money, i never ate any money, and i still live?

They only matter, because human beings, generally are pretty stupid.. Money is worth NOTHING, but we still use it to trade... No wonder the world is in a huge debt to someone or somebody....

Would you rather buy a car with chickens?
Money is a perfect way to trade merchandise.
The ability to borrow money is the problem.

I was thinking chickens aswell
Joking aside, in the old days you could get your moneys worth in gold. Money should be worth something, and in these global times, it should be worth exactly the same all over the world.
Couldnt money be worth time? one hour, could be worth $60 dollars or something like that.
And private banks shouldnt be the one generating them, and then lending them to us, we can NEVER repay our debt that way. I agree that borrowing money is a problem. Atleast it shouldnt be allowed to put interrest on a loan.

Well speaking of not being religious, the Bible forbids the charging of interest on a loan. So, there may be some kind of a religious issue going on here for some people. I guess Paying interest is not forbidden tho. Too bad. They had the start of something decent.

Didnt know that. I did know that muslims forbids it aswell (or have something similar, in their religion).
If i can find a religion or cult that forbids me to pay interest, i might just join

Not 100% on Christian/Jewish teachings on this, but I think both of them are supposed to completely forbid interest. Muslim teachings are that interest is allowed because it defines usury slightly differently. In the Muslim world usury not only refers to interest rates but to the concept of money charging interest on money. So instead their banking system works buy buying a product for someone who wants a loan, charging a premium for that product as the price of the loan, and then letting the person repay that value in order to own the product. They allow loans, but they do not allow compound interest.

Thanks, that is interesting. I suppose their will allways be loopholes to exploit.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

The baby boomer population is aging and reaching retirement age.
The 1% through maybe the 5% of this demographic will have good pensions that exceed their expenses until many of them are in their 80's.

Its this wealthy demographic that is keeping the stock market up, and many will likely continue to play with equities for another decade.

Sub prime debt incurred by more desperate people that can't afford the higher interest rates is what brings on the periodic default crisis.

The Trump administration seems to understand that the bottom 10% to 30% income demographic puts the most strain on economic resources and increases government debt spending. If the US embarks on free health care for everybody including large numbers of unemployable immigrants we could be looking at a national debt default situation.

I doubt there is a popular solution for the problem.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
the debt IS increasing.... But is the debt growth something Acceptable or is debt growth just Blackmail/Leverage

i'm of the mind that the Debt growth is largely College Money Debt....a flood of Illegal Immigrants....maintaining a Global Military Presence to Force Finance & Trade in Amerika's favor

the College Loan Debt Bubble is over $1.5 Trillion and growing by Billions each Semester of the Students' 4 or more year Vacation-Party at the tax-payer expense ultimately...(watch as the astute, opportunistic illegal immigrants find out this pony-to-ride on the Carousel-of-life and get College Loans & dorm living as an alternative to the welfare-system of existence)

the USAs welfare bandwagon is money/wealth being extorted by hoards of parasite People...who threaten to riot if not given enough sustenance, to live above their means...
and the USAs think-tank elites convincing TPTB that millions of potential working-hands amounts to future revenue streams as in money velocity and incoming taxes
the whole finance system and economy/GDP is all based on a foundation of Sand-Castles instead of foundations rooted in bed-rock …. college graduates with Degrees in finger-nail Art

the empire has been long in a process of collapse, at a snails pace so far

ETA: college debt - www.newyorkfed.org...
edit on th30155965338304032019 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

i'm of the mind that the Debt growth is largely College Money Debt....a flood of Illegal Immigrants....maintaining a Global Military Presence to Force Finance & Trade in Amerika's favor

Many of the families immigrating across our borders have more young children than parents so there would be years of education, health care, and housing costs needed before they could make their way into the work force. Once they reach college age some of that burden might go to either grant programs, student loans, or military service to polish their income potentials.

If the US goes bankrupt doing that, there may not be much left in the way of high paying jobs to pay those loans back.
I was lucky, they put me out in the fields planting lechuga at age 14 for 80 cents an hour.

edit on 4-6-2019 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: NoFearsEqualsFreeMan

I’m all in favor of capitalism, but I am not in favor of what we have now. It has nothing to do with capitalism as intended.

So it seems we agree.
edit on 4-6-2019 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Thanks, that is interesting. I suppose their will allways be loopholes to exploit.

Loans only work with interest. It is a very valuable tool to business. I do think there are arguments to oppose compound interest on philosophical grounds though.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join