It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States is under Ransomware Attacks

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum

originally posted by: FieldMarshalMatt
a reply to: Zcustosmorum

No the ineffectiveness of security counter measures doesn't negate the fact that bitcoin facilitates all aspects of the mmo for ransomware attacks in the first place . So it's not tripe

Double tripe

Ransomware attacks existed way before Bitcoin ever did.

The first attacks were Trojans
The ones of late are a highly developed encryption processes
So , no .

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Thank you as you just answered my question without answering. Nah, not upset. I call em as I see em. I also hate organized crime, What say you?

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Waterglass

Thank you as you just answered my question without answering. Nah, not upset. I call em as I see em. I also hate organized crime, What say you?

Inaccurate portrayal of context and flawed arguments totally irritate me

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Well the company paid the Ransomware.

Well since "Hes" over there in your woods I thought I would trump your hand and call.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Waterglass

Don't blame the currency. There are a ton of scams out there right now the use gift cards for example. Electronic currency helps, but is not in and of itself facilitating the crime. Ransomware existed before bitcoin gained in popularity.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Well the company paid the Ransomware.

Well since "Hes" over there in your woods I thought I would trump your hand and call.

Any point you thought you had has now descended into gibberish

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Well this story is now dead. They paid its done and no trace will ever be found.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Well this story is now dead. They paid its done and no trace will ever be found.

You mean you jumped the gun and were full of snip....

The full report of what happened is accesable to anyone that wants it.

You were wrong, bleeted like a goat, then pooped yourself

Stay being livestock it suits you

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
a reply to: network dude

The company I work wont spend a dime on anything

Been cleaning malware off every end device and a few servers getting ready to quit before disaster strikes spent the last 3 months cleaning up someone else's mess

Great learning experience though, but we have tapes for backup

Good Lord, I sure hope you use the word "tapes" as a reference to backup drives. Tapes have been obsolete for about 10 years now. USB drives, NAS drives, backup servers are what replaced them.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Well not really.

Stay being livestock it suits you

So really, ATS is supposed to Deny Ignorance. right? Your statement is the exact theme used by the progressive left who follow the book masquerade. That book was written by the father of George Soros.

So why is their a shortage of chicken in England in 2018 ? You can read it here; www.theguardian.com...

So why did this Democrat Congressman Steve Cohen eat Chicken at a hearing? He is from Tennessee. KFC is headquartered in Louisville, KY. You can read it here; time.com...

So why is there a ban from the USA exporting Chicken to China? You can read about it here; www.agweb.com...

So who released a Ransomware attack across a particular sector of the US economy to financially hurt that sector? The Deep State; a rogue employee or the progressive left?

Think about it.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You make is sound like they are out there targeting the poultry market. "They" are attacking EVERY market. They cast their net as wide as possible to snare anyone not up to snuff on their security posture. There are a bunch of different "they"s as well.
Any system with a vulnerability becomes a potential source of funds for "them" and "they" won't turn any of it away.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

Agree 1000% with you on all. One point of the thread was to bring up the point that Bit Coin and other non traceable equities are fueling the ransomware attacks globally. Even Russia is getting smacked. I did not include statistics from DHS, NSA or FBI but the monetary loss is significant, just in the USA alone. Then take it a step further in that criminal entities worse than those already running countries would take over and its back to the 1100's again.

Thanks for your comment!

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Before they were asking for Bitcoin they were asking for pre-paid credit cards. I have known at least two companies that have gotten hit with ransom ware and that is how they were asked to pay at the time.

Bitcoin may make things easier, but it isn't responsible for the attacks or even made them more prevalent. It's just the latest and greatest medium that the cyber criminals are using to get their hands on your money.

posted on Jun, 5 2019 @ 01:25 PM
link   
You have to be careful and watch out for them, they get you anywhere. From old software on your computer to pop ups that said that you have virus on your computer or you've did something Illegal. When their pop up show up, you can't shut it down. So far, task manager is the only thing that can close their pop ups.

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   

So I'm guessing bad IT security and untrained operators don't play any part whatsoever?

So you should start up a business as it evidently is global.

In our news wrap Friday, a massive cyberattack that infected computers with ransomware crippled major institutions and companies in scores of countries. Also, the Justice Department has issued a directive to federal prosecutors to seek tougher sentences for the vast majority of criminal suspects.

PBS

News Wrap: Cyberattack cripples institutions, companies around the world

posted on Jul, 13 2019 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BomSquad

The company I know of was asked to pay in Bitcoin. Why? Because its untraceable. Plus when the company got the key back it DID NOT restore all of there systems

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join