It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Virginia Beach Police had a workshop planned Saturday on mass shootings

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   

The Virginia Beach Police Department had scheduled a free community workshop for Saturday morning on what to do during mass shootings. About 24 hours before the class, a disgruntled employee opened fire in a city building, killing 12 people, police said.

At least 36 people intended to attend the Active Threat Citizen Defense session, according to the department's Facebook page. The workshop has since been canceled, police said early Saturday.

The class was planned days before the shooting and highlighted the need to prepare for potential active threat situations.

The Virginia Beach Police had a workshop planned Saturday on mass shootings

I find it beyond coincidence how many times there have been training exercises or in this case a workshop before a tragic event. In fact it is hard to think of a tragic situation caused by a person or persons where there was not some kind of training event beforehand. Is there really this much training going on or is it something else.

edit on 1-6-2019 by LookingAtMars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Maybe part of humans collective unconscious can sense events like this where a lot of pain and suffering happens? So people unknowingly schedule things like this in advance without knowing why.

Just an idea I had.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It could well be, or it could be kinda like the law of attraction. It does seem like more than just coincidences.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 07:14 PM
link   

There was one held on October 6th last year too.

wtkr.com...

Beyond coincidences indeed!

edit on 1/6/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

I never implied that a tragic event happens around every training event. Name a man made tragic situation where there was not some kind of training around the time of the event. It could be that much training really goes on, but I don't think so.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I never implied that a tragic event happens around every training event.

No, just the cherry picked ones to imply “somethings going on”.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

If I am cherry picking then name one where there was not training of some kind, as I had requested earlier. It should be easy since I am just cherry picking.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Coincidence, true
But seems more than just random.
If you are creative you can build all kinds of coincidence.
Take the name of the perp for example.
if you assign numeric order of value to the letters you get 4 for d,15 for o,3 for c,and 11 for k.

4+11=15
15-3=12 for L
15/3=5 for E

Math by choice, but its not quite random choice(for some).

edit on 1-6-2019 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Slichter

Sounds like apples to oranges to me, but it is very possible that I just am not comprehending what you are saying.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Maybe part of humans collective unconscious can sense events like this where a lot of pain and suffering happens? So people unknowingly schedule things like this in advance without knowing why.

Just an idea I had.

As someone whose belief system is built around the idea of a collective consciousness, you may very well have a good point.

Sort of like those who have a bad feeling and don't take that particular plane that crashes later...

Something for me to think about.. thank you for the thought.

It actually makes more sense than the conspiracy theory side of it.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Dude, like every single one just about has the same circumstances. Drills, etc. I am sure more info will come out in time but you can't help notice the "coincidence" in all of these.

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Look at all the creative conspiracy thinking that came out after the JFK assassination in 1964.
Lee Harvey Oswald was an anagram, the lone gunman etc etc.
Even the theory that the death of John (we never use his real name) was a false flag..

posted on Jun, 1 2019 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The Virginia Beach Police Department is holding an active shooter training workshop on Saturday for the public. UPDATE: The workshop was canceled following Friday's shooting at the Municipal Center.

This video is about the Virginia Beach Police Department active shooter training workshop.

posted on Jun, 2 2019 @ 12:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheGreatWork

Dude, like every day somewhere in the us there’s like a training drill of some description.

Like, every day, dude.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

My agency has a post on our website about how we’ll come train any place of worship, school, or business in how to prepare against and deal with an active shooter situation.

Our PIO officers talk about it on tv.

It boggles my mind that people think training that is literally advertised and happens all the time is somehow evidence of some grand conspiracy at work.

But here we are.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Never said it was evidence of some grand conspiracy, did say it seems to be more than just a coincidence. I also said it could be something like the law of attraction. I also agreed that this theory by a poster could be possible:

This is a conspiracy site and some people here notice things that seem unusual to them and talk about it with others. I don't thing anyone said there was evidence of anything.

If training of this kind goes on every day in every city then you and the other poster have a valid point. If not it is a red herring.

I will ask a third time, if this is cherry picking name a event like this that has occurred since 911 were very similar training was not being conducted around the time frame of the event and very near the event. If this is cherry picking it should be easy.

BTW, I also stated this in the OP:

Is there really this much training going on or is it something else.

And this in a post above:

It could be that much training really goes on, but I don't think so.

But here we are

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Survivor who crossed path with gunman thought it was a drill

“He had the gun down at his side. He was so close to me, he swung his arm out, he damn near hit me with the gun. That’s how close we were,” Carlstrom said. “But he never raised the gun at me. He looked up at me briefly.” Carlstrom said he thought ________ was pretending to be a shooter for a drill because the “obnoxious-looking gun” appeared to be a prop, and he didn’t point it at him.

This guy used to talk with the shooter in the parking lot and he thinks that may be why the shooter spared him. He crossed paths with the shooter more than once and the gun was never pointed at him.

posted on Jun, 3 2019 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

A Familiar MO here . Any Chance this Guy was on Prescription Med's at the time of the Shootings ?Smells like a " FF " to me .........Hmm.....

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Cool. That’s a long response to something that wasn’t directed to you.

This is a conspiracy site and some people here notice things that seem unusual to them and talk about it with others.

And others are allowed to disagree and post their disagreement. This isn’t your conspiracy echo chamber.

If training of this kind goes on every day in every city then you and the other poster have a valid point. If not it is a red herring

I didn’t say it goes on every day in every city. If you’re going to post replies directly to me in an effort to debunk my comments, kindly stick to my actual comments rather paraphrasing them. I understand that it’s easier to attack what you’ve made up and attributed to me rather than attack what I actually said, but it makes for poor discussion.

I will ask a third time, if this is cherry picking name a event like this that has occurred since 911 were very similar training was not being conducted around the time frame of the event and very near the event. If this is cherry picking it should be easy.

I didn’t say it was cherry picking, so I won’t bother defending the straw man you’ve asked me to defend. What I will do is point out that your “evidence” that one can’t name an event that has occurred since 9-11 where (sic) very similar training was being conducted around the time frame of the event would only serve to support the statement that training happens all the time. I’d think that seeing that would be fairly easy.

But here we are.

posted on Jun, 4 2019 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Cool. That’s a long response to something that wasn’t directed to you.

I wrote the OP so it sorta was.

And others are allowed to disagree and post their disagreement. This isn’t your conspiracy echo chamber.

True and If I disagree with that disagreement I can post my disagreement (even if it wasn't directed at me)

I didn’t say it goes on every day in every city.

I never said you did. You were the second poster to imply that because there is always ongoing training, there is nothing unusual about the fact that there seems to always be a training drill around these events.

I didn’t say it was cherry picking

True and that is my bad. I should of made it a multi reply post or just posted it as a reply to no one.

But here we are.

lol, we sure are.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join